Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for May 2017 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Chrysler
imageMonthly Update for May 2017 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds' long-term 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is a hit with one of our dads on staff, but it's still falling short of EPA estimates on fuel economy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I have the same capless fuel tank on my Durango. I appreciate the convenience but have noticed one problem. On all my previous cars (none with capless tanks) I never had a problem with fuel dripping from the pump nozzle after removed from the tank. Yet, on my Durango it happens every time. I've learned to remove the nozzle and hold it there for a few seconds so the last drops of fuel can drip into the tank. This may have nothing to do with the capless design but I thought I'd mention it.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Yea, I think it's more a function of the gas pump. Perhaps the design of the shutoff has changed because recently I've noticed more fuel dripping after I fill up. Sort of like when you stick a straw into a drink then put your thumb on the end and you can lift the straw out and the liquid stays in the straw. Feels like the pump shutoff really seals well and a small amount of gas remains. Shaking the nozzle doesn't seem as effective as just letting it sit for 5 seconds or so after pumping.