Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Audi S5 Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited September 2017 in Audi
Ask your 2018 S5 lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments

Check out the 2018 Audi S5 here

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• bst7676bst7676 Member Posts: 5
    2018 S5 Sportback, Prestge w/warm weather package. Dealership in OR. 

3 year/12k a year.  

Will audicare are make any difference with residual?  I have gotten conflicting info. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    bst7676 said:

2018 S5 Sportback, Prestge w/warm weather package. Dealership in OR. 

3 year/12k a year.  

Will audicare are make any difference with residual?  I have gotten conflicting info. 

Asked and answered, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/45523/audi/x/s5-sportback-prestige-w-warm-weather-package-lease-numbers#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tad2480tad2480 Member Posts: 47
    Hello - looking at ordering a 2018 prem + S5 sportback and it stickers out to 62,800 on the dot. Looking at 7500 miles a year on 36 months and dealer is telling me they won't discount custom ordered s5 sportback so by my math I' coming up with a payment of $886 a month which seems awfully higher for a 63k car. I have a 2,750 cap cast reduction (750 loyalty cash and 2,000 down). Cap Cost has taxes on full sticker price plus 1,550 (Audi Care and Term care) and 695 acq fee, plus 125 and 250 for other misc fees. Total gross cap cost is 69,149.

Does the math on this lease look correct - it just sounds like a horrible deal. I guess what's killing me on the lease is the lack of discount on sticker.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,554
    tad2480 said:

Hello - looking at ordering a 2018 prem + S5 sportback and it stickers out to 62,800 on the dot. Looking at 7500 miles a year on 36 months and dealer is telling me they won't discount custom ordered s5 sportback so by my math I' coming up with a payment of $886 a month which seems awfully higher for a 63k car. I have a 2,750 cap cast reduction (750 loyalty cash and 2,000 down). Cap Cost has taxes on full sticker price plus 1,550 (Audi Care and Term care) and 695 acq fee, plus 125 and 250 for other misc fees. Total gross cap cost is 69,149.

Does the math on this lease look correct - it just sounds like a horrible deal. I guess what's killing me on the lease is the lack of discount on sticker.

I agree that the lack of discount hurts.

The 36/7.5 numbers are .00192 and 66%

We recommend against any sort of cap reduction - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

What state is this that taxes the full selling price? That will hurt your payment, regardless of what you lease.

Acquisition fee is $895 for Audi, now.

Bottom line - if you want to be the first on your block (or zip code, or city) to have one of these, you have to pay to play.

Check with other dealers - only takes one to give you a discount to earn your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mobilerovermobilerover Member Posts: 20
    2018 S5 Sportback Premium Plus
    SoCal
    36mo/12k
    MF&R and MSD options

Thank you.

2018 S5 Sportback Premium Plus
    SoCal
    36mo/12k
    MF&R and MSD options

Thank you.

.00192 MF and 64% residual

Audi has an MSD program, but I don't have the specifics

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimmybradyjimmybrady Member Posts: 106
    Can i get the mf and residual for Audi S5 sportback and coupe Premium plus. 36/15k michigan.

Can i get the mf and residual for Audi S5 sportback and coupe Premium plus. 36/15k michigan.

Coupe - .00172 and 60%
    SB - .00192 and 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dochashdochash Member Posts: 23
    Can I get MF and residual for audi S5 sportback premium plus and prestige for 36/10k for Indiana? Thanks
    dochash said:

Can I get MF and residual for audi S5 sportback premium plus and prestige for 36/10k for Indiana? Thanks

.00192 and 65% (P+) or 63% (Prestige)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• euphoniuseuphonius Member Posts: 19
    May I please have the SoCal 36/12 numbers for an s5 prestige cabrio?

Also, does Audi pull through leases in the last 5 months like Mercedes does?

Thanks!
    euphonius said:

May I please have the SoCal 36/12 numbers for an s5 prestige cabrio?

Also, does Audi pull through leases in the last 5 months like Mercedes does?

Thanks!

.00197 MF and 61% residual
    If you have a current AFS lease, they are offering 4 month pull ahead on this model, this month.
    But, they don't have a standard pull ahead policy, in case you are asking what might happen in three years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• prozzi20prozzi20 Member Posts: 1
    Can I please have the MF and residual for a 2018 S5 Sportback prestige, 36/15 for Florida. Thank you so much!
    prozzi20 said:

Can I please have the MF and residual for a 2018 S5 Sportback prestige, 36/15 for Florida. Thank you so much!

.00192 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    S5 sportback premium 36 12k in pa?
    cnote2 said:

S5 sportback premium 36 12k in pa?

.00192 and 64%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• audifan96audifan96 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    2018 S5 Coupe Prestige
    Los Angeles
    36mo/12k
    MF&R?

Thanks!
    audifan96 said:

2018 S5 Coupe Prestige
    Los Angeles
    36mo/12k
    MF&R?

Thanks!

.00172 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• charlottesaudicharlottesaudi Member Posts: 30
    Hi can you please provide residual and MF for Connecticut?

Also, I am using a third party to find my car and the best deal possible who has relationships all over the US. Will the MF and residual be based on my state as the buyer or the dealers location?

Thanks.

Hi can you please provide residual and MF for Connecticut?

Also, I am using a third party to find my car and the best deal possible who has relationships all over the US. Will the MF and residual be based on my state as the buyer or the dealers location?

Thanks.

Which model and trim? What term and mileage?

Money factors and residuals are the same nationwide. Incentives can vary by region, but no incentives on the S5, so that won't matter.

If you are hiring someone to get you the best deal, what good will the numbers do for you?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My apologies, I am looking for the premium plus sport back. 36 months/ 10k.

I would like the numbers because I have created a spreadsheet to auto calculate payments based on different options and MSRP. This way I can play with different options depending on discounts he's able to receive with different dealers. It also helps me know he's being honest.

Thanks

My apologies, I am looking for the premium plus sport back. 36 months/ 10k.

I would like the numbers because I have created a spreadsheet to auto calculate payments based on different options and MSRP. This way I can play with different options depending on discounts he's able to receive with different dealers. It also helps me know he's being honest.

Thanks

.00192 and 65%

If you're doing all the work "to keep him honest", why pay him at all?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm just leveraging his relationships. So far he's got me quotes from his contacts 200 less per month than several dealer quotes I received on my own. He deals with dealers who get paid in volume unlike a salesman who's trying to make a buck per car.

First thing I learned in business is being able to use people for their expertise. It would be foolish of me to expect I can negotiate a deal with dealers better than someone who has been building relationships and doing it for over a decade. I can learn as much as I can to make a smart decision however the small upfront fee will save me thousands by going with an expert.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
  • njcarguy5njcarguy5 Member Posts: 2
    2018 S5 Prestige Cabrio in NJ. 36 mo/15k mi. Looking for acquisition fee, MF and RV. Also, are the numbers any different in NY or CT? Thanks, very much.
    njcarguy5 said:

2018 S5 Prestige Cabrio in NJ. 36 mo/15k mi. Looking for acquisition fee, MF and RV. Also, are the numbers any different in NY or CT? Thanks, very much.

.00197 MF and 59% residual
    $895 acquisition fee

Numbers are the same, all over.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• audi_80audi_80 Member Posts: 3
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, 36mo/12k miles, Sacramento, CA area, MSRP $62675. 5% off MSRP, $750 Audi loyalty, $2k down, 62% residual, quoted .00192 MF and now is trying to say that was a mistake and that's their buy rate and they can't do less than .00202.

$895 acquisition, $80 doc, $488 DMV
    Payment without tax $764

Is something off with these numbers or should I absolutely say no deal until the MF is reduced?

Thanks!
    audi_80 said:

2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, 36mo/12k miles, Sacramento, CA area, MSRP $62675. 5% off MSRP, $750 Audi loyalty, $2k down, 62% residual, quoted .00192 MF and now is trying to say that was a mistake and that's their buy rate and they can't do less than .00202.

$895 acquisition, $80 doc, $488 DMV
    Payment without tax $764

Is something off with these numbers or should I absolutely say no deal until the MF is reduced?

Thanks!

Are you paying the acquisition fee up front?

.00192 and 62% are the correct numbers for the S5 SB Prestige.

What is the adjusted cap cost, after the discounts and up front costs?

Not sure how many Audi dealers are in the Sacramento area, but it never hurts to shop around - may have to try the Bay Area. Only takes one dealer to meet your numbers (specifically, the base MF).

Your original dealer may be willing to drop to the base MF, but be prepared to give up some of that 5% discount to do so.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2017
    MSRP $62675
    Selling Price $59541
    Doc Fee $80
    Acquisition $895
    DMV $488
    Gross Cap Cost $59541
    Down $2000
    Rebate $750
    Applied Up Front $2453
    Total Cap Reduc $296
    Net Cap Cost $59244
    Residual 62%
    MF .00202
    Advanced Payment $835
    Total Cap Reduc $296
    Up Front $1618
    Initial Payment $2750
    Due $2000
    Payment $764
    Tax $70
    Total Payment $835

Seems like this is the best deal possible at the moment. Don't particularly like being told .00192 and then having them try to sneak in .00226. I didn't find out until I asked why the payments were so high as the math didn't work out. So they dropped MF to .00202 and said the owner will flip out if he goes lower.

So probably time to take the deal and put down a deposit from the sounds of it, yes?

Also would it be advantageous to put zero down and look at doing as many MSD's as Audi allows?

Thanks!
    audi_80 said:

MSRP $62675
    Selling Price $59541
    Doc Fee $80
    Acquisition $895
    DMV $488
    Gross Cap Cost $59541
    Down $2000
    Rebate $750
    Applied Up Front $2453
    Total Cap Reduc $296
    Net Cap Cost $59244
    Residual 62%
    MF .00202
    Advanced Payment $835
    Total Cap Reduc $296
    Up Front $1618
    Initial Payment $2750
    Due $2000
    Payment $764
    Tax $70
    Total Payment $835

Seems like this is the best deal possible at the moment. Don't particularly like being told .00192 and then having them try to sneak in .00226. I didn't find out until I asked why the payments were so high as the math didn't work out. So they dropped MF to .00202 and said the owner will flip out if he goes lower.

So probably time to take the deal and put down a deposit from the sounds of it, yes?

Also would it be advantageous to put zero down and look at doing as many MSD's as Audi allows?

Thanks!

We always prefer MSD over down payment - you get the MSD monies back at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

We always prefer MSD over down payment - you get the MSD monies back at the end of the lease.

Salesman surprising asked their financial people about the MSD. They offered 9 MSD which should be $875 a month. It bring the MF down to 0.00157. The payment should be around $855 or so by my calculations. The overall cost of the lease should come down $1610 or so by my quick math.

I'm going to have the salesman run the numbers formally, but if I can still get the same MSRP and MF as listed above would doing the 9 MSD's be worthwhile in your opinion?

Thanks!
    audi_80 said:

Michaell said:

Salesman surprising asked their financial people about the MSD. They offered 9 MSD which should be $875 a month. It bring the MF down to 0.00157. The payment should be around $855 or so by my calculations. The overall cost of the lease should come down $1610 or so by my quick math.

I'm going to have the salesman run the numbers formally, but if I can still get the same MSRP and MF as listed above would doing the 9 MSD's be worthwhile in your opinion?

Thanks!
    MSDs are always a good idea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hckmanhckman Member Posts: 3
    Any change in July RV and MF?
    I'm interested in the S5 coupe, either premium plus or prestige, 36 months, 12k
    Thanks a lot
    hckman said:

Any change in July RV and MF?
    I'm interested in the S5 coupe, either premium plus or prestige, 36 months, 12k
    Thanks a lot

.00155 MF and 61%/59% residual for P+/Prestige

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lexpen64lexpen64 Member Posts: 11
    Can you give me July MF and residuals for S5 Cab P+/Prestige? Thanks
    lexpen64 said:

Can you give me July MF and residuals for S5 Cab P+/Prestige? Thanks

.00188 MF and 59%/58% residual for P+/Prestige, for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bigdaddyxxlbigdaddyxxl Member Posts: 39
    Can you please give me the July MF/RV for a S5 Sportback P+ for 36/12 and 36/10?

Also, the MF on these cars seems kinda high? Is that normal?

Can you please give me the July MF/RV for a S5 Sportback P+ for 36/12 and 36/10?

Also, the MF on these cars seems kinda high? Is that normal?

.00175 MF and 63%/64% residual

High money factors aren't unusual, early in a model year.
    Of course, the residuals are much higher than usual for an Audi, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• luis__2020luis__2020 Member Posts: 6
    MF + Residual on a s5 sportback (prestige) with 7500miles/48months vs 36months.
    luisrod said:

MF + Residual on a s5 sportback (prestige) with 7500miles/48months vs 36months.

.00175 MF and 63% residual
    .00218 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carenthusia85carenthusia85 Member Posts: 48
    Hi Moderator -

can you give residual and MF for '18 S5 sportback prestige for 36 or 39 and 42 months? (I say 36 or 39 whichever is better) w/ 12k and 15k miles a year

what about a P+?

Thank you,

Hi Moderator -

can you give residual and MF for '18 S5 sportback prestige for 36 or 39 and 42 months? (I say 36 or 39 whichever is better) w/ 12k and 15k miles a year

what about a P+?

Thank you,

36/15 - .00175 and 61% (P+) or 59% (Prestige)

Add 2% for 12K
    Add .00020 for 39 / 42 month terms
    Subtract 2% for 39/15; subtract 4% for 42/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mercury999mercury999 Member Posts: 1
    Hello-
    Can you give MF and residual on an S5 sportback (prestige) 12,000 miles/48 months vs. 36 months? Thanks.

Hello-
    Can you give MF and residual on an S5 sportback (prestige) 12,000 miles/48 months vs. 36 months? Thanks.

48 month terms are not competitive for Audi

36/12 - .00175 and 61%
    42/12 - .00195 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Hello-

48 month terms are not competitive for Audi

36/12 - .00175 and 61%
    42/12 - .00195 and 57%
    They might be in this case:

.00218 MF and 54% residual for 48/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saxplayer1saxplayer1 Member Posts: 6
    For a S5 sportback prestige MSRP $68,350, what would the MF / RV be for 36/12k and 36/15k?

For a S5 sportback prestige MSRP $68,350, what would the MF / RV be for 36/12k and 36/15k?

.00175 MF and 61%/59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saxplayer1saxplayer1 Member Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:

Thanks Kyfdx. Dealer offered me a 36/12k lease for 868/mo with a residual of 63%. The online sales manager didn't have the MF but I asked for the 0.00175 and by my calculations, they used 0.00165. I can definitely get the MF if needed. MSRP was 68,350 minus just over 3% for 2,000 off. Plus a 4,000 trade in. Do those numbers add up? Residual too high? What is the main downfall if it is?

kyfdx said:

Thanks Kyfdx. Dealer offered me a 36/12k lease for 868/mo with a residual of 63%. The online sales manager didn't have the MF but I asked for the 0.00175 and by my calculations, they used 0.00165. I can definitely get the MF if needed. MSRP was 68,350 minus just over 3% for 2,000 off. Plus a 4,000 trade in. Do those numbers add up? Residual too high? What is the main downfall if it is?
    The easy answer? They quoted you a Premium Plus model, instead of a Prestige model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jakerosenjakerosen Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

For an S5 Sportback Prestige on a 36 month/10k mile lease, I keep getting quoted 62% residual but a money factor of no less than 0.002. This is by my local dealer in Maryland, but also a couple ones out of state. Does that make sense that no one is actually quoting me 0.00175?

Also, I did find a dealer who would bump up the residual to 64%. Is that something dealers are allowed to adjust? It makes it a compelling deal, but I'm skeptical that it will materialize when we finalize the docs.

Thanks!
    jakerosen said:

Hi everyone,

For an S5 Sportback Prestige on a 36 month/10k mile lease, I keep getting quoted 62% residual but a money factor of no less than 0.002. This is by my local dealer in Maryland, but also a couple ones out of state. Does that make sense that no one is actually quoting me 0.00175?

Also, I did find a dealer who would bump up the residual to 64%. Is that something dealers are allowed to adjust? It makes it a compelling deal, but I'm skeptical that it will materialize when we finalize the docs.

Thanks!

Sure.. they are marking up the money factor for extra profit.

No.. the dealer can't alter the residual, unless they are using a different bank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator