Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - 2018 Q5 or 2017 RDX

evansa1evansa1 Member Posts: 14
edited June 2017 in Audi
 I am looking at 2017 Acura RDX AWD Advance (Msrp around 44,000 with sale price of 39,000) and 2018 Audi Q5 (msrp 51,000 unsure of sale price.) Both 36months/10, 000 miles. Audi with $3000 due at signing and $579 per month and also covering last two current lease payments of $554. Acura 36month/10,000 with $2000 due at signing and $435 per month.
Any standout pros and cons of the two?

Comments

• Options
    NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    @evansa1, other than the Acura being a much lower monthly cost and $1,000 less down, I think either of them are a good option. I think the RDX is more "bang for the buck" but Audi will probably give you the better drive experience. If monthly payment isn't an issue, I would go with the one that you feel the best in.

The 2018 Q5 is all new and typically you will see some hiccups on the first year of a redesign. The 17 RDX is a carryover from last year so you shouldn't have any major issues with it. The nice thing is that you're leasing so you don't have to worry about longevity but just the time your car spends in the shop for any warranty issues.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • Options
    NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    Our consumer reviews might help give you good insight into what owners are experiencing:

https://www.edmunds.com/audi/q5/2018/consumer-reviews/
    https://www.edmunds.com/acura/rdx/2017/consumer-reviews/
    Edmunds Moderator
  • Options
    evansa1evansa1 Member Posts: 14

@evansa1, other than the Acura being a much lower monthly cost and $1,000 less down, I think either of them are a good option. I think the RDX is more "bang for the buck" but Audi will probably give you the better drive experience. If monthly payment isn't an issue, I would go with the one that you feel the best in.

The 2018 Q5 is all new and typically you will see some hiccups on the first year of a redesign. The 17 RDX is a carryover from last year so you shouldn't have any major issues with it. The nice thing is that you're leasing so you don't have to worry about longevity but just the time your car spends in the shop for any warranty issues.

Thank You!!!
  • Options
    eurocarlov1eurocarlov1 Member Posts: 61
    Both good but I would definitely go Audi for the driving experience if you can swing it. I have a '15 Q5 and considering the new one when I turn in my lease in a couple months if I can swing it financially. One of the best performance SUVs out there. Sure, you can go cheaper, but you pay in the "feels". :-)