Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Mazda CX-5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    slybacon said:

Yes $25,567+$692.50+$1,054.73(sales tax) -$500.00 = $26,814.23. I thought the tax was running high but reading thru the posts I realize they are increasing the money factor now as well. Thank you for your insight and we will mention the money factor to them to see if that can at least save us the additional $306 but I am guessing that is the best we can expect.

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up; they know what the base rate is.

If they refuse to play ball, I'm sure you can find a Mazda dealer who will.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ddcbristolddcbristol Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:

I'm getting an offer, although by my calculations not a good one, of...
    .00084 at 62% Connecticut 12k/36

MSRP 29,585
    Invoice 28,675
    Tax 6.35%
    Deposit 2500 (includes incentives)

Lease of $327.00 Per month. My calculations came up with $298.00.
    Which is closer to the reality?

As is, those prices and numbers result in a payment of $347/mo, tax included.

Ask the dealer what adjusted cap cost they are using - what is the $2500 being used for?
    The cap cost is $28005.53, with 1862.47 going to cap reduction. $500 is customer rebate and I noticed a $199 vin etching fee that I will have removed.

Michaell said:

MSRP 29,585
    Invoice 28,675
    Tax 6.35%

Ask the dealer what adjusted cap cost they are using - what is the $2500 being used for?
    The cap cost is $28005.53, with 1862.47 going to cap reduction. $500 is customer rebate and I noticed a $199 vin etching fee that I will have removed.
    OK, now I get $327/mo (well, $326.88 - what's .12 between friends?)

Honestly? Limit the up front cash to just the first payment and DMV costs; we do not recommend any sort of down payment on a lease. That money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

MSRP 29,585
    Invoice 28,675
    Tax 6.35%

Honestly? Limit the up front cash to just the first payment and DMV costs; we do not recommend any sort of down payment on a lease. That money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.
    Thank you so much for your time. This service you provide is valuable and much appreciated and helps the "average consumer" feel better about making a big decisions. THANK YOU!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

MSRP 29,585
    Invoice 28,675
    Tax 6.35%

Thank you so much for your time. This service you provide is valuable and much appreciated and helps the "average consumer" feel better about making a big decisions. THANK YOU!
    Oh, and by the way, is this a decent deal? Thank you.

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

MSRP 29,585
    Invoice 28,675
    Tax 6.35%

Oh, and by the way, is this a decent deal? Thank you.
    We don't track selling prices, so can't comment on that. Read back through the last page or two of the discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

Or, use the 'make / model / year' pull downs to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• slybaconslybacon Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2017
    I just wanted to thank you for your help and direction. Just to update you and anyone here interested, we are set to lease our 2017 Mazda CX5 Sport AWD (details and location can be found earlier in the thread) and I was able to get the monthly payment down to $327.57 a month all inclusive. We will only be "putting down" $446.57 (first month payment and DMV Fees of $119). We got them to knock off $9.42/Month bringing up the money factor mark up they were trying to pass off on us and ended up more than the estimated $8.50 off per month we were trying to achieve.

Thank you again!
  • juju_77juju_77 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, May I get the mf and res on 2017 Mazda CX-5 for Massachusetts ?

Thanks
    slybacon said:

I just wanted to thank you for your help and direction. Just to update you and anyone here interested, we are set to lease our 2017 Mazda CX5 Sport AWD (details and location can be found earlier in the thread) and I was able to get the monthly payment down to $327.57 a month all inclusive. We will only be "putting down" $446.57 (first month payment and DMV Fees of $119). We got them to knock off $9.42/Month bringing up the money factor mark up they were trying to pass off on us and ended up more than the estimated $8.50 off per month we were trying to achieve.

Thank you again!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

juju_77 said:

Hello, May I get the mf and res on 2017 Mazda CX-5 for Massachusetts ?

Thanks

.00084 and 60% for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• heraclesheracles Member Posts: 1
    Hi, would you provide current MF and RV for:
    Indiana, 36/15, 24/15 - CX-5 GT AWD?

Thank you!
    Update on what I've been able to negotiate today here in CT. 2017 CX 5 Touring with preferred package in Soul Red Crystal

12k/36
    MSRP 29530.00
    Selling Price 28,074.00
    Acq Fee 595
    Fees & Ins 399
    Rebate 500
    Cap Cost 27,387.86
    Cash Down = 1st payment 309.04 + Fees 180.00 + Taxes 130.82 + Cap Reduction of 1380.14 = $2000.00
    Rate .00084 62% Residual
    Residual Value 18,308.60
    Lease Payment = 309.04

Does this look correct? Anything out of sorts?
    Thank you.

I hope this can help others with their negotiations.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    heracles said:

Hi, would you provide current MF and RV for:
    Indiana, 36/15, 24/15 - CX-5 GT AWD?

Thank you!

.00084 MF and 60% residual
    .00348 MF and 73% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• grne918grne918 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all! I'm looking to enter into my first lease, and just have a couple of questions so I'm better prepared. I can't thank you guys enough for the valuable service you provide here!

1. MF and RV for 36/12 GT AWD w/ Premium Package in MA (Boston area)?
    2. What kind of discount off MSRP is reasonable to go for? I've seen 6-7% quoted elsewhere, but wanted to verify.
    3. If I trade in old car for equity, will it apply as a cap cost reduction to the final negotiated sales price?
    4. For the Mazda Loyalty incentive, is that a flat -$500 off final negotiated sales price or would it be better off rolled into the cap cost reduction?

Thanks for all your help, and if I missed anything important please let me know! Trying my best not to look like an amateur when I go in a couple of weeks...
  • supercr1mpsupercr1mp Member Posts: 1
    Can I get MF and RV for 36/12 Grand Touring w/ AWD in SoCal?

Dealer offered .00134 and 62%. Looks like they marked up MF to offset 30k sale price. I'm hoping to get the MF back down to base. Do you think they'd try to raise the sale price after I mention this ridiculous markup?

Thanks for your help!
    grne918 said:

Hey all! I'm looking to enter into my first lease, and just have a couple of questions so I'm better prepared. I can't thank you guys enough for the valuable service you provide here!

1. MF and RV for 36/12 GT AWD w/ Premium Package in MA (Boston area)?
    2. What kind of discount off MSRP is reasonable to go for? I've seen 6-7% quoted elsewhere, but wanted to verify.
    3. If I trade in old car for equity, will it apply as a cap cost reduction to the final negotiated sales price?
    4. For the Mazda Loyalty incentive, is that a flat -$500 off final negotiated sales price or would it be better off rolled into the cap cost reduction?

Thanks for all your help, and if I missed anything important please let me know! Trying my best not to look like an amateur when I go in a couple of weeks...

1. .00084 and 62%
    2. No information on pricing; read back through the last page or two of this thread to see what others have negotiated.
    3. If you have equity, use it to make the first payment and DMV costs; have the rest returned to you as a check from the dealer
    4. I believe the loyalty incentive is used as cap reduction, which subjects it to sales tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• imnotdedyetimnotdedyet Member Posts: 2
    Assuming the MF is the same throughout the country?

I'm being quoted .00134 from three dealerships in Denver, CO. 17 CX-5 GT / Premium, Gray, 36/15K They've not run my credit yet, but a couple days ago it was 782.

I"m also curious about a clear bra. Here in Denver, we get a good amount of rocks thrown our way on the freeways and up in the mountains. I occasionally wind up on dirt roads as well for hiking/camping. Would I be better off considering a clear bra so there are no surprises at return time? And I'd also be open to actually buying at turn in depending on deal and how I liked the vehicle.

Finally, thanks to you for posting the base numbers. A lot of us would be getting ripped off pretty good without you.

Assuming the MF is the same throughout the country?

I'm being quoted .00134 from three dealerships in Denver, CO. 17 CX-5 GT / Premium, Gray, 36/15K They've not run my credit yet, but a couple days ago it was 782.

I"m also curious about a clear bra. Here in Denver, we get a good amount of rocks thrown our way on the freeways and up in the mountains. I occasionally wind up on dirt roads as well for hiking/camping. Would I be better off considering a clear bra so there are no surprises at return time? And I'd also be open to actually buying at turn in depending on deal and how I liked the vehicle.

Finally, thanks to you for posting the base numbers. A lot of us would be getting ripped off pretty good without you.

There are regional numbers, but the CX-5 numbers are consistent.

.00084; dealer can mark up the MF by .00050 for extra profit. Surprise!

60% residual for 36/15

I've lived in the Denver area for almost 25 years. The clear bra technology has improved greatly over time.

That said, I have it on my wife's Outback, which we bought. On my leased Jetta, I skipped it. Be advised that you'll pay for 100% of that cost over the lease term.

What dealer are you working with? I was at Groove last Saturday; I test drove a 6 and a buddy test drove the new CX-5. We both liked the CX-5, except for one glaring issue - it's underpowered. Granted, he's currently driving a VW Touareg at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• imnotdedyetimnotdedyet Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

60% residual for 36/15

I've lived in the Denver area for almost 25 years. The clear bra technology has improved greatly over time.

That said, I have it on my wife's Outback, which we bought. On my leased Jetta, I skipped it. Be advised that you'll pay for 100% of that cost over the lease term.

What dealer are you working with? I was at Groove last Saturday; I test drove a 6 and a buddy test drove the new CX-5. We both liked the CX-5, except for one glaring issue - it's underpowered. Granted, he's currently driving a VW Touareg at the moment.

Yeah, I'm aware that I'd be paying off the full amount of the clear bra during the lease. This would be my first lease, and as such I'm not sure how much they ding (pun intended) you at the end for what we may see as far as rock damage or if they would most likely consider it normal wear and tear. But it sounds like skipping it is just fine without getting taken to the cleaners when I return the car.

I've been to all the dealers in town: Shortline, McDonald and Groove and got numbers from each of them. I'll see which one(s) is/are going to play ball with the MF.

The CX5 is definitely lower in power than I'm used to. But I was able to test drive it up to Lookout Mountain and had no issues doing 70/75 in the left lane going up that incline for a few miles. It takes a bit to get up to freeway speeds, but with it floored or nearly floored, I've had no problems getting up to freeway speeds for merging in my test drives. It also doesn't pause between pressure to the gas pedal and actual acceleration like the CRV. Since it's mostly just me driving, I think the power will be fine for my needs. (although I'll miss my TL's power indeed)

Thanks again Michael!

Michaell said:

60% residual for 36/15

Yeah, I'm aware that I'd be paying off the full amount of the clear bra during the lease. This would be my first lease, and as such I'm not sure how much they ding (pun intended) you at the end for what we may see as far as rock damage or if they would most likely consider it normal wear and tear. But it sounds like skipping it is just fine without getting taken to the cleaners when I return the car.

I've been to all the dealers in town: Shortline, McDonald and Groove and got numbers from each of them. I'll see which one(s) is/are going to play ball with the MF.

The CX5 is definitely lower in power than I'm used to. But I was able to test drive it up to Lookout Mountain and had no issues doing 70/75 in the left lane going up that incline for a few miles. It takes a bit to get up to freeway speeds, but with it floored or nearly floored, I've had no problems getting up to freeway speeds for merging in my test drives. It also doesn't pause between pressure to the gas pedal and actual acceleration like the CRV. Since it's mostly just me driving, I think the power will be fine for my needs. (although I'll miss my TL's power indeed)

Thanks again Michael!
    All good points. My Jetta with 150hp actually "feels" faster than my wife's Outback with 250hp.

Curious as to which dealer you go with; I got my Jetta at McDonald and the Subaru from Groove. Both were good to deal with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ramspeedkillramspeedkill Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

can i get MF/RV on Mazda CX5 Grand Touring
    92833/ orange county area
    12000/36

thank you

Hello,

12000/36

thank you

.00084 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andreszegarraandreszegarra Member Posts: 2
    Residual and MF on a Touring and Sport AWD, 36 mo/10k, in New York, NY.
    Thank you so much in advance!

Residual and MF on a Touring and Sport AWD, 36 mo/10k, in New York, NY.
    Thank you so much in advance!

.00084 and 63% for both trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ramspeedkillramspeedkill Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

Hello,

12000/36

thank you

.00084 and 62%
    Thank you Sir,

can i also get one more for
    Audi Q3 2.0T Premier Plus
    90007/ LA
    10000/36

thanks

Michaell said:

Hello,

12000/36

thank you

.00084 and 62%
    Thank you Sir,

can i also get one more for
    Audi Q3 2.0T Premier Plus
    90007/ LA
    10000/36

thanks
    The Audi Q3 lease thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42282/audi/q3/2017-audi-q3-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• koubairkoubair Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2017
    Hi all, looking for MF and Residual for 2017 CX5 AWD GT with Preferred Package in North Carolina/ 28226.

3 years / 36K.

Also any current incentives?

Thanks in advance.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Hi. MF and residual for Touring with preferred, fwd, 36/12 in Missouri?  Thanks. 
    koubair said:

Hi all, looking for MF and Residual for 2017 CX5 AWD GT with Preferred Package in North Carolina/ 28226.

3 years / 36K.

Also any current incentives?

Thanks in advance.

.00084 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

rbirns1 said:

Hi. MF and residual for Touring with preferred, fwd, 36/12 in Missouri?  Thanks. 

.00084 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fiftyone79fiftyone79 Member Posts: 21
    Looking to evaluate a 2017 CX-5 Sport AWD lease

MSRP: $26,285.00
    Selling Price: $25,056.10
    Sales Tax: $733.06 (NJ)
    Cap Fees: $1,206.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost:$26,245.16
    36 Month / 10K
    Residual: $16,559.55
    $750 Loyalty
    Lease Offer: $305
    Cash Due At Signing: $305 (first month only)

Thanks in advance.

Looking to evaluate a 2017 CX-5 Sport AWD lease

MSRP: $26,285.00
    Selling Price: $25,056.10
    Sales Tax: $733.06 (NJ)
    Cap Fees: $1,206.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost:$26,245.16
    36 Month / 10K
    Residual: $16,559.55
    $750 Loyalty
    Lease Offer: $305
    Cash Due At Signing: $305 (first month only)

Thanks in advance.

I agree with the math - .00084 and 63% for 36/10.

If you are comfortable with the selling price, all looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ffonfireffonfire Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

Can I get the numbers for the CX-5 AWD Grand touring, 36/15?

Thanks!
    ffonfire said:

Hi,

Can I get the numbers for the CX-5 AWD Grand touring, 36/15?

Thanks!

.00084 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• keyjeykeyjey Member Posts: 50
    I am helping my friend with a cx-5 lease with following specs
    -GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

Best price we gotten so far is 380(including tax) with 1000 drive off on $32xxx msrp vehicle. I have been failed to get the details on number as dealers are absolutely not willing to share. 

Other dealers are not willing to price match and are saying that we should get this deal as it's the best currently.

We are in SF Bay area and looked as far as Sacramento area in north and Gilroy in South. Any idea if these numbers are good or can we do better?

We are targeting 350 including tax for GT, 12k miles.
  • mikeymac3mikeymac3 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for directing me to this thread. Could I get the numbers for the CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Wisconsin? Thanks again.
    keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

Best price we gotten so far is 380(including tax) with 1000 drive off on $32xxx msrp vehicle. I have been failed to get the details on number as dealers are absolutely not willing to share. 

Other dealers are not willing to price match and are saying that we should get this deal as it's the best currently.

We are in SF Bay area and looked as far as Sacramento area in north and Gilroy in South. Any idea if these numbers are good or can we do better?

.00084 and 62%

Need to know the adjusted cap cost to model the payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mikeymac3 said:

Thank you for directing me to this thread. Could I get the numbers for the CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Wisconsin? Thanks again.

.00084 and 60% for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikeymac3mikeymac3 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

mikeymac3 said:

.00084 and 60% for 36/15
    Do you have the info for 36/12?
    mikeymac3 said:

Michaell said:

mikeymac3 said:

.00084 and 60% for 36/15
    Do you have the info for 36/12?
    Add 2%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• littlemisszoomlittlemisszoom Member Posts: 52
    Hi! May I please get the current numbers on a CX5 GT in the Florida Panhandle? Thanks! 

Hi! May I please get the current numbers on a CX5 GT in the Florida Panhandle? Thanks! 

.00084 MF and 60% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

.00084 and 62%

Got more details now.

msrp - 33645 (GT AWD with premium package)
    selling price - 30899
    mf - .00084 (OAC)
    drive off - 992 (includes first month payment+bank fee+dmv)
    monthly payment - 345+tax

Does this sound good?
    keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

.00084 and 62%

Got more details now.

selling price - 30899
    mf - .00084 (OAC)

Does this sound good?
    With those prices, I get $322/mo plus tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

.00084 and 62%

Got more details now.

selling price - 30899
    mf - .00084 (OAC)

Does this sound good?
    I am getting same price as dealer. I have only added AQ fee as i was not sure if that was already in selling price. What am i missing in my calculation?

MSRP - $33465
    Selling price - $30899
    Acqusition fee - 595??
    Adjusted capcost - $31494
    MF - .00084
    Residual - 20700

Depreciation - (31494-20700)/36 = 299.83
    MF Charge - (31494+20700)*.00084 = 43.84
    Total ~$344+tax
  • littlemisszoomlittlemisszoom Member Posts: 52

Thank you!! :)
    keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

.00084 and 62%

Got more details now.

selling price - 30899
    mf - .00084 (OAC)

Does this sound good?
    I am getting same price as dealer. I have only added AQ fee as i was not sure if that was already in selling price. What am i missing in my calculation?

MSRP - $33465
    Selling price - $30899
    Acqusition fee - 595??
    MF - .00084
    Residual - 20700

Total ~$344+tax
    I'm within a couple bucks of that calculation. 62% of the MSRP is $20,748, so my depreciation and rent charge numbers are slightly different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mitch22622mitch22622 Member Posts: 4
    Hi may I please get the MF/RV for Touring FWD 36/15 in South Florida 33428.
    thanks
    keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

Michaell said:

keyjey said:

-GT with premium package
    - 12k miles

.00084 and 62%

Got more details now.

selling price - 30899
    mf - .00084 (OAC)

Does this sound good?

MSRP - $33465
    Selling price - $30899
    Acqusition fee - 595??
    MF - .00084
    Residual - 20700

Total ~$344+tax
    Why are you adding the acquisition fee to the CAP cost, when you stated it's in the drive-off?
    Bank fee = acquisition fee

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi may I please get the MF/RV for Touring FWD 36/15 in South Florida 33428.
    thanks

.00084 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator