Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CRV vs 2017 Acura RDX or 2017 Lexus NX....what would you do?

drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
edited October 2016 in Honda
Query.....My current lease is coming due over the next 3 months. I had narrowed down my choices to a 2017 Acura RDX advance package or a loaded 2017 Lexus NX. Now that the 2017 Honda CRV was just announced with all the bells and whistles, I am wondering if I should rethink my plans? I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions! Thanks!

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    Just curious, what's your current ride? Still the Infiniti G37x?

Three months gets you past the December intro (per the news reports) so you should have time to eyeball a new CR-V in person.
  • osbornk1947osbornk1947 Member Posts: 9
    I would look at and drive a CRV Touring before I made a decsion. It will be interesting to see how the new to CRV engine performs.
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    you WILL NOT go wrong with the RDX. Very smooth, quiet ride and nice handling. I'm just too big for it. New CRV needs to quiet the cabin.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,241
    I'm not sure of the CR-V release date, but it could be later than the 3 months you have left on your current lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sugarbellysugarbelly Member Posts: 29
    Michael: what's your guestimate on lease math for the new CR-V?
    Or your take, stever?
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you out, man! Please share your thoughts as well. Does this new gen mean strong residuals?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,062

Michael: what's your guestimate on lease math for the new CR-V?

No specific guesses.

Generally, high money factors and high residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, kyfdx: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you out either, dude.
    So maybe better to buy? Need to drive the car and see the numbers. Thanks again.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol, we're somewhat interchangeable. I don't know much about leasing though.

And yeah, the comment about the ride noise bears consideration. Different people have different tolerances, but Hondas can be noisy. They've gotten better though.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    That's called ambient noise reduction Stever. Drowns out the rattles or squeaks ;)
  • tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20
    For what its worth, I traded in a 2012 CRV for a 2017 RDX. My problem with the CRV was road noise. The RDX is a good bit quieter over noisy pavement, but its not totally quiet.
    My surprise with the RDX is it doesn't drive good out on the highway. The CRV, you could drive in a straight line with one or two fingers on the wheel. The RDX is not like that. It is hard to keep in a straight line, you have to constantly correct and the steering is very heavy at cruise speed. I have already had a 4 wheel alignment done, but it didn't help. If you are considering a RDX do a long drive on the freeway.
  • ankurgautamankurgautam Member Posts: 3
    i am in the same boat trying to make a choice between RDX, CRV and NX.. i am happy to spend extra $$$ is i get bang for the buck in terms of technology and features
  • benw1985benw1985 Member Posts: 3
    Test-drive all 3 :)