Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - 2017 C300 w/ Premium 2 Lease Offer - New Jersey

npappagiorgionpappagiorgio Member Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Hello all,

This is the first time I am posting on this form. This is also the first time I am negotiating a lease. To prevent as many rookie mistakes as possible, I would appreciate Some input on this offer.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Hello all,

This is the first time I am posting on this form. This is also the first time I am negotiating a lease. To prevent as many rookie mistakes as possible, I would appreciate Some input on this offer.

AWD model, right?
    Multiple security deposits?
    Paying all fees upfront, plus MSDs plus first payment?

The calculations are correct. Base MF before MSDs is .00108.
    Looks like 5 MSDs to lower the money factor to .00063?

Things of note:
    Big doc fee
    Acquisition fee is marked up from $795 base
    Big discount from MSRP.

It's a pretty good deal.
    I would roll the taxes and acquisition fee into the payment.
    That raises the payment to $450/mo, increases MSDs to $2500
    Reduces upfront including MSDs to $3751.
    (approximates... changing those numbers up changes some other numbers, as well)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    AWD, yes.

5 out of 10 MSDs. All taxes and fees upfront, at my request.

I am going to get the DOC FEE down to $249 and the ACQ FEE down to $795. I noticed those after I left.

What are the pros of rolling the taxes into the payments? Do you think I can squeeze any more from the sell price?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

AWD, yes.

5 out of 10 MSDs. All taxes and fees upfront, at my request.

I am going to get the DOC FEE down to $249 and the ACQ FEE down to $795. I noticed those after I left.

What are the pros of rolling the taxes into the payments? Do you think I can squeeze any more from the sell price?

You'll probably have a better chance of negotiating a lower price, than getting the doc fee or acquisition fee lowered, but you may not be able to do either.

I like rolling the tax in, for the same reason I'm against CAP cost reductions. If the vehicle is totaled early in the lease, you likely aren't getting any of that money back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    That makes sense. It is already 13%, do you think I can get lower? I am waiting on a few other dealerships to counter.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,299

That makes sense. It is already 13%, do you think I can get lower? I am waiting on a few other dealerships to counter.

You won't know unless you ask.

However, you may also see an increase in the MF, before MSDs, if you want a bigger discount from sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4