Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for May 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Tesla
imageMonthly Update for May 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

This month our Tesla Model X went in for two different repairs along with its usual diet of daily commutes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "This is our fourth trip to the service center in one and a half months for the Tesla Model X. "
    If Tesla "quality" continues like this for the Model 3, they will have some serious problems.many Model 3 owners will be new to brand and have only heard about how great Tesla is. To the average buyer "great" means reliable!
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I love the idea of the Model X but the reality appears to me that this thing is garbage. Who would put up with this kind of reliability and issues in a $30,000 car let alone a $100,000 car? You really have to want to be different and/or not reliant on a gas station to be ok with this.
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    Why is everyone so shocked that a brand-new car company has produced unreliable garbage? Many people still don't give Hyundai a fair shake, even after more than 30 years in our market. Why would anyone expect a noob like Tesla to know how to make a reliable car right out of the gate? Because CR gushed over them? Pretty naïve!
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yep, I would have serious concerns about buying a Tesla starting from when Model 3 Production comes into full swing. I could see some Model S and X owners getting very frustrated if Model 3 owners require maintenance and repairs pushing your appointment back for service for weeks and if Model 3 owners (granted they'll be paying for it) start hogging the charging stations. I bet there will be some "growing pains" once people realize that they don't have 3 dealers to choose from within 20 miles like they are used to.