Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Wrangler 17" rim and 33" tire

mmulero77mmulero77 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2017 in Jeep
Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me if a XD Wheels XD 811 Rockstar II 17X8 with 8 on 170 Bolt Pattern tire (XD81178087710) will fit a BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K02 tire with no spaces and or lug nuts on a 2015 4DR Jeep Wrangler. I called a tire place but they told me the best bet would be to find a forum and ask here. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    You'll probably have better luck asking on a Wrangler forum.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yeah, that's a good idea, to go to a Wrangler forum, because there you might find someone who has actually successfully done this, rather than just a speculative answer.

If that doesn't work, I do know that a good tire shop will mount that tire and wheel for you on a lift and let you check out clearances (presuming of course you are buying something from them).

But even lift clearances don't tell you what might happen in a dynamic off-road situation. That's why you want to find the person who "went before you" and did this already.
  • rubiconfreedomrubiconfreedom Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2017
    Typically all higher end 2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler come standard with either 16'' or 17'' wheels & the 31'' to 32'' all terrain tires. So the 17'' + 33" should work.. However, your issue would be the bolt pattern. Current Jeep Wranglers have a 5x127 bolt pattern with an ET around 44. The wheels you've selected would not work Unless one was to acquire a wheel adapter/spacer. Not saying it's impossible, but it would be very difficult to mate these wheels up on the current JK Wrangler.