Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Personal Lease Model - Any Features Missing?

gabrielmarvisgabrielmarvis Member Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in BMW
Hi Edmunds Community,

My name is Gabriel and I recently built my own lease model to analyze payments. I attached a PDF of the model. Are there any fees or calculations I am doing incorrectly? Thanks! (Note: Blue indicates a hard-coded number).

I could use some advice for Fee calculations. I am unsure (per the BMW website) where I can information on the: registration fee, license fee, tax fee, etc. Any thoughts?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Hi Edmunds Community,

My name is Gabriel and I recently built my own lease model to analyze payments. I attached a PDF of the model. Are there any fees or calculations I am doing incorrectly? Thanks! (Note: Blue indicates a hard-coded number).

I could use some advice for Fee calculations. I am unsure (per the BMW website) where I can information on the: registration fee, license fee, tax fee, etc. Any thoughts?

Registration, title and license fee are government fees and all state-specific. They certainly won't be $750 total. Dealer fees can vary by dealer and/or state. Which state?

For ease of use, I wouldn't bother breaking out the destination fee. You just need the total MSRP.
    Also, I wouldn't put in an APR column, if all of your calculations are going to use the money factor.

But, the rest of it looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gabrielmarvisgabrielmarvis Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for responding kyfdx.

I rebuilt the model a little more and this is my updated version!