Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - Leasing 2017 Ford C-Max Energi

cr40cr40 Member Posts: 79
edited April 2017 in Ford
Could you please provide the money factor and residual value for the 2017 Ford C-Max Energi. Can I see it for 10K mles, 24, 36 and 39 months. Can you also provide any incentives, lease cash, etc? I am in Ft Lauderdale, FL
Thanks

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    cr40 said:

Could you please provide the money factor and residual value for the 2017 Ford C-Max Energi. Can I see it for 10K mles, 24, 36 and 39 months. Can you also provide any incentives, lease cash, etc? I am in Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks

For Titanium. Subtract 1% from residual for SE model.

0.25% APR and 51% residual
    0.50% APR and 45% residual
    0.75% APR and 43% residual

$6257 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cr40cr40 Member Posts: 79
    Do I just divide the APR you listed by 2400 to get the money factor? My leasing calculator used money factor. Thanks
    cr40 said:

Do I just divide the APR you listed by 2400 to get the money factor? My leasing calculator used money factor. Thanks

Yes.. .for example, 0.25% APR = approx .00010 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• poppy2017poppy2017 Member Posts: 2
    Could you please provide MF and Residual on SE in California?
    24/10k and 36/10k

poppy2017 said:

Could you please provide MF and Residual on SE in California?
    24/10k and 36/10k

0.25% APR and 48% residual
    0.50% APR and 41% residual

$6257 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• maineguy1maineguy1 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2017
    Hi Guys

Could you please provide MF and Residual on SE in Maine?
    24/10k and 36/10k. Also can you check to see if a $1,750 loyalty bonus for returning Energi users is showing for my zipcode 04345? Thanks so much you guys are great.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    maineguy1 said:

Hi Guys

Could you please provide MF and Residual on SE in Maine?
    24/10k and 36/10k. Also can you check to see if a $1,750 loyalty bonus for returning Energi users is showing for my zipcode 04345? Thanks so much you guys are great.

24/10 - 48% and 2.25%
    36/10 - 41% and .50%

$8257 lease cash

No information on loyalty incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ventriwheelsventriwheels Member Posts: 19
    Any additional lease cash/incentives for the July 4th weekend? I have my current car's lease expiring in August and I'm trying to decide between waiting for end of July to save on a payment or leasing it now.

Any additional lease cash/incentives for the July 4th weekend? I have my current car's lease expiring in August and I'm trying to decide between waiting for end of July to save on a payment or leasing it now.

We don't usually get mid-month updates.

But, Ford only adjusts residuals quarterly, so those are likely to change (downward) on the next program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx!
    This is what I was quoted for a 2017 C-Max Energi Titanium, fully loaded.
    Retail Price: $33390
    Savings : $4726
    Selling Price: $29114
    Rebate : $2900
    Dealer added Options : $1595
    Subtotal : $27809
    Fees : $941 (includes doc fee and lieu tax??)
    Sales Tax : $2252
    Net Sales Price: $31003
    For 36/12 and $2000 down, Dealer is quoting a total of $329 per month, including taxes.

I've asked him for the MF and residuals and the breakdown with cap/gross cap cost. Does this seem like a good deal? I feel like it could be much lower per month including taxes.

For 36/12 and $2000 down, Dealer is quoting a total of $329 per month, including taxes.

I've asked him for the MF and residuals and the breakdown with cap/gross cap cost. Does this seem like a good deal? I feel like it could be much lower per month including taxes.

Which state?

"Dealer added options"? Those will kill a good lease payment. What is the dealer selling for $1595?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Window tint for $495. Door Edge guards for $220. Something called a Zaktek ultimate for $300. Wheel locks for $200 and Pin Stripes for $200. Nitrogen kit for $193. I could live without most of these except for the window tint. This quote is in AZ. Maybe I should look for a lower trim or a deal without these 'options'.
    kyfdx said:

Which state?

"Dealer added options"? Those will kill a good lease payment. What is the dealer selling for $1595?

Window tint for $495. Door Edge guards for $220. Something called a Zaktek ultimate for $300. Wheel locks for $200 and Pin Stripes for $200. Nitrogen kit for $193. I could live without most of these except for the window tint. This quote is in AZ. Maybe I should look for a lower trim or a deal without these 'options'.

kyfdx said:

Which state?

So.. if the tint is worth $495, an extra $1100 in fluff.. When comparing selling prices between dealerships, just make that part of the selling price, as it adds little value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$8257 lease cash.

Looks like that was a purchase quote they gave you.
    I'd get the actual numbers for the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

$8257 lease cash.

Looks like that was a purchase quote they gave you.
    I'd get the actual numbers for the lease.

It's possible, since the leasing manager was not available to provide more details. Thanks again, will wait for the actual numbers since i'm not in any real hurry.
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    Can you please provide figures for CMax Energi SE for 36/12....also I am coming out of a lease for same vehicle so are there any loyalty incentives? Thanks!!
    koctailz said:

Can you please provide figures for CMax Energi SE for 36/12....also I am coming out of a lease for same vehicle so are there any loyalty incentives? Thanks!!

what state? Ford numbers are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

sorry....for CA
    Michaell said:

koctailz said:

CA please.
    koctailz said:

Michaell said:

koctailz said:

CA please.
    38% and .50%

$8757 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tompkins1tompkins1 Member Posts: 4
    Can you please provide the current numbers for Texas? thanks!
    tompkins1 said:

Can you please provide the current numbers for Texas? thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2017
    24, 36, 39 months, 10k per year. Thank you!
    tompkins1 said:

SE or Titanium?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2017
    An SE, please!
    tompkins1 said:

tompkins1 said:

An SE, please!

24: 2.25% APR and 46% residual
    36: 0.50% APR and 39% residual
    39: 0.75% APR and 37% residual

$8757 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This is the quote I received from a dealer in AZ for a c-max Energi SE. I tried plugging in the numbers in the lease calculator to see if the numbers add up, but seem to be missing something. Is this a good deal? I'm guessing the 'upfront charges' include the taxes, fees etc.

This is the quote I received from a dealer in AZ for a c-max Energi SE. I tried plugging in the numbers in the lease calculator to see if the numbers add up, but seem to be missing something. Is this a good deal? I'm guessing the 'upfront charges' include the taxes, fees etc.

AZ taxes the monthly payment; I'd ask for a detailed breakdown of the $2779.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Upfront charges are acquisition fee, DMV fees and maybe a dealer fee. Plus, tax on the rebate and about $900 in CAP reduction from your $2779. I'd want an itemization of that $1651. You might find some more garbage in there, in addition to their $899 charge for window tinting.

I think it would look like a good deal, if you could negotiate another $900 off, to make up for that $899 charge. Then, you could put $1000 less upfront and have the same payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

koctailz said:

Michaell said:

koctailz said:

CA please.
    38% and .50%

$8757 lease cash
    Thanks!! In addition to the $8757 is there additional lease cash for current Ford lessees?
    Thank you, michaell and kyfdx! Michaell, the $2779 was the down payment that was mentioned on the Ford site. I'll definitely ask for the breakdown for the $1651 and try to negotiate to get the $900 off.
    edited July 2017
    One more question - RV and APR for Titanium, 36k/36mos. In Texas. Thank you!
    koctailz said:

Michaell said:

koctailz said:

Michaell said:

koctailz said:

CA please.
    38% and .50%

$8757 lease cash
    Thanks!! In addition to the $8757 is there additional lease cash for current Ford lessees?
    That is the only incentive we are aware of.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

tompkins1 said:

One more question - RV and APR for Titanium, 36k/36mos. In Texas. Thank you!

Add 1% to the SE residual.

Same MF and incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Here's another quote I received for 36mo/12K/$2500 down on an Energi SE. The vehicle has $1200 of equipment options and $795 navigation. Is this a good deal? Seems much higher than the other quote I received for $245 (taxes included) on a vehicle with $895 aftermarket options.

Here's another quote I received for 36mo/12K/$2500 down on an Energi SE. The vehicle has $1200 of equipment options and $795 navigation. Is this a good deal? Seems much higher than the other quote I received for $245 (taxes included) on a vehicle with $895 aftermarket options.

I don't see the adjusted cap cost on this screen shot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2017
    Michaell said:

Here's what the dealer provided as the cap cost, he says he can give me $276/mo based on this. What do you think?

Michaell said:

Here's what the dealer provided as the cap cost, he says he can give me $276/mo based on this. What do you think?

I show 0.50% APR for Arizona, but the dealer's rate is 2.00% APR.
    If the dealer is marking it up, that's adding about $20/mo. to the payment.

That's only $1035 off MSRP, besides the rebate. Might push for more off there, as well.

Otherwise, the numbers are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you, @Michaell and @kyfdx . Let me take it to the dealer and see what he comes back with.
  • vlad_vlad_ Member Posts: 17
    can you please provide the mf/res for a 2017 C-max Hybrid Titanium (not Energy) for 36month/10.5k miles in NC? Any incentives? Thanks.