Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Regal Turn Signal Problem

mikejones54mikejones54 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2017 in Buick
This is what I found so far. Drivers front DRL/Turn Signal amber bulb is lit but won't blink. Dash will just rapid blink. New 4157 bulb made no difference. Flasher dash indicators operate normal but signal at front still no blink. All other lights and signals normal. This year model does not have the DRL module so that potential fix is out. Have tried the parking brake switch wire to ground fix and that has no result. I assume the signal bulb socket is clean since the bulb stays lit. Any more ideas?

Best Answer

• mikejones54mikejones54 Member Posts: 5
    Answer ✓
    Ended up being the end socket, even though it looked perfectly fine. Thanks!

Answers

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    How is the drivers side rear signal light working?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The rapid blink makes me think light bulb. There's the amber bulb for the front facing turn signal, but it could be the side turn signal bulb.

• mikejones54mikejones54 Member Posts: 5
    I think the 4157 bulb socket is bad. I swapped it with the right side and the bulb would blink normal. BTW..the peanut bulbs behind the amber lenses at the outside of both headlight assemblies aren't supposed to blink.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    edited April 2017
    Check the continuity through the cable for the short wiring harness for the 4156 filaments.
    I had trouble with the socket connection or the connector at the end of my cable for the 2003 leSabre. I can't remember which, but I had to clean up the connection and oil it. Since you've switched the short harnesses to check, you may make use of this wiring diagram, courtesy of bbdind.com.

You might get a replacement cable at a pick'n pull place.

As for the side marker lamp not blinking or blinking if the parking light were on, I can't recall how it worked on the leSabre now for sure, but I was thinking it did blink out of sequence with the front turn signal.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• AlouiAloui Member Posts: 1
    This is old, but I just repaired the socket on my 2003 Century: took a while to get it apart, then had to increase the pressure on the contacts - after cleaning them. Also added a little contact grease.