Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 Audi Q5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    frugalcarbuy80frugalcarbuy80 Member Posts: 11
    I am interested in the 2018 Q5 in SF bay area. What is the money factor for someone with 800+ credit score? Also what is the money factor the Prestige with no additional options? 15,000 miles per year. 36 months
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318

I am interested in the 2018 Q5 in SF bay area. What is the money factor for someone with 800+ credit score? Also what is the money factor the Prestige with no additional options? 15,000 miles per year. 36 months

.00174 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    fj40chifj40chi Member Posts: 15
    Lease terms and incentives on Prestige Plus 24 month - 7500 or 10000 miles. Thanks!
  • Options
    fj40chi said:

Lease terms and incentives on Prestige Plus 24 month - 7500 or 10000 miles. Thanks!

.00174 and 66% / 65%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    bluez_center8bluez_center8 Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and leasing. I just went to Audi Dealership and got quoted $45,177 for Q5 P from $49,125 MSRP. Here's the lease details:

Is this a good deal? What should I do to get a lower price? I'm located in SF Bay Area and the lease is 3y/12k

Cheers
  • Options

Hello,

I am new to this forum and leasing. I just went to Audi Dealership and got quoted $45,177 for Q5 P from $49,125 MSRP. Here's the lease details:

Is this a good deal? What should I do to get a lower price? I'm located in SF Bay Area and the lease is 3y/12k

Cheers

Base MF is .00174, so your dealer is marking that up for extra profit.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Original msrp is $49,125
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,214

Original msrp is $49,125

It's pretty straightforward, except for the money factor markup.
    8% off MSRP is excellent.
    The money factor markup is adding $21.58/mo. to your post-tax payment.

You might consider adding the maintenance plan for $869.
    That increases your residual by 1%
    Rolling that into your lease, will only raise your payment by $14.40/mo.
    That's cheap for maintenance.

If they won't lower the money factor, maybe you could get them to give you the maintenance plan instead, with the same monthly payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Original msrp is $49,125
    It's pretty straightforward, except for the money factor markup. 8% off MSRP is excellent. The money factor markup is adding $21.58/mo. to your post-tax payment. You might consider adding the maintenance plan for $869. That increases your residual by 1% Rolling that into your lease, will only raise your payment by $14.40/mo. That's cheap for maintenance. If they won't lower the money factor, maybe you could get them to give you the maintenance plan instead, with the same monthly payment?
    Yes, I guess the sales gave me a pretty good deal on MSRP, but adding AudiCare would be great. Will there be any chance that the MF could go down in the next couple months? My plan is to buy around October/November.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Original msrp is $49,125

It's pretty straightforward, except for the money factor markup.
    8% off MSRP is excellent.
    The money factor markup is adding $21.58/mo. to your post-tax payment.

You might consider adding the maintenance plan for $869.
    That increases your residual by 1%
    Rolling that into your lease, will only raise your payment by $14.40/mo.
    That's cheap for maintenance.

If they won't lower the money factor, maybe you could get them to give you the maintenance plan instead, with the same monthly payment?

Yes, I guess the sales gave me a pretty good deal on MSRP, but adding AudiCare would be great. Will there be any chance that the MF could go down in the next couple months? My plan is to buy around October/November.

It all depends on how well they sell, more or less. If they sell at this payment, then the price isn't likely to go down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    What is AudiCare, scheduled maintenance over a 3 year period, so oil changes and maybe one tune up?

Doesn't BMW include scheduled maintenance for up to 4 years but Audi charges for it?
  • Options
    wco81 said:

What is AudiCare, scheduled maintenance over a 3 year period, so oil changes and maybe one tune up?

Doesn't BMW include scheduled maintenance for up to 4 years but Audi charges for it?

Yes, AudiCare is pre-paid maintenance.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/audiusa/Documents/AudiCare_12_Brochure_Combined_j2.pdf

Here is the link to the BMW information:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/bmwmaintenanceprogram.aspx?mobileoverride=true

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    OK, at least it covers more than the BMW one.

But if you lease at low miles, like 10k or less (I see Audi even has 5k miles per year leases), it seems you're paying for maintenance that covers up to 45k miles?

They don't prorate the price of AudiCare do they, to account for the lease mileage?
  • Options
    wco81 said:

OK, at least it covers more than the BMW one.

But if you lease at low miles, like 10k or less (I see Audi even has 5k miles per year leases), it seems you're paying for maintenance that covers up to 45k miles?

They don't prorate the price of AudiCare do they, to account for the lease mileage?

No pro-rating of the cost based on mileage, sorry.

But, the cost is residualized, and the residual goes up 1% if you add it, so the true cost is less than the $849

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    brbdevilbrbdevil Member Posts: 2
    Worked a few dealers here, this seems to be a stopping point but I feel like I can get better based on the comments in this thread. I'm in North Carolina.

2018 Q5 Prem+ 36/12
    MSRP $53,250
    Adjusted price $51,105 (4% off MSRP)
    0.00174 MF
    61% Residual
    $1597 in total "inception" fees due at signing (still need to dig into this, I think it should be around $1340 for DMV+doc+destination)

Offered at $709.85/month, which seems about right in terms of the calculations.

I'm getting the "we are losing money on this" treatment now at 4%, but seems like folks are regularly getting 6%. Should I keep pushing on that MSRP, is there really 2% of room?
  • Options
    brbdevil said:

Worked a few dealers here, this seems to be a stopping point but I feel like I can get better based on the comments in this thread. I'm in North Carolina.

2018 Q5 Prem+ 36/12
    MSRP $53,250
    Adjusted price $51,105 (4% off MSRP)
    0.00174 MF
    61% Residual
    $1597 in total "inception" fees due at signing (still need to dig into this, I think it should be around $1340 for DMV+doc+destination)

Offered at $709.85/month, which seems about right in terms of the calculations.

I'm getting the "we are losing money on this" treatment now at 4%, but seems like folks are regularly getting 6%. Should I keep pushing on that MSRP, is there really 2% of room?

Destination isn't an inception fee, but acquisition is ($895)

That might be the bottom on a new 2018 in your area. You can only know what they will accept, not what they might accept.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    miguellozamiguelloza Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2017
    Hello, please give me your opinion on the following deal:

California
    MSRP: $46,700
    Agreed Upon Sale Price: $41,300 (12% discount)
    MF: 0.00174
    Residual 36/12 with Audi Care: 62% ($28,954)
    Rebates: $750
    Drive Off: $1080
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $41,445
    Payment: $513.33

Would you recommend rolling acquisition fee and cost of audi care into lease payments or paying them upfront?

Thank you in advance for you advice!
  • Options
    Which dealer?
  • Options

California

Would you recommend rolling acquisition fee and cost of audi care into lease payments or paying them upfront?

I get $469/mo.+tax.

Looks like those items are rolled in, right?
    That's the way I would leave it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

California

I get $469/mo.+tax.

Acquisition is rolled in but not Audi Care. Do the numbers seem correct under those circumstances?
  • Options
    wco81 said:

Which dealer?

Santa Monica Audi
  • Options

California

Oh wow! How did you ask the salesman to get 12% discount off MSRP? It seems a really good deal
  • Options

kyfdx said:

California

I get $469/mo.+tax.

Acquisition is rolled in but not Audi Care. Do the numbers seem correct under those circumstances?
    Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nola1919nola1919 Member Posts: 5
    Good morning. I have an agreement in principal with a dealer for a lease for a P+ they are obtaining for me from another dealer. Given that my wife and I just turned on our 2014 Q5 lease, we are eligible for $750 in loyalty dollars. The dealership is claiming that they offered me an aggressive price and are unwilling to apply the loyalty dollars. My understanding is that the $750 comes from the manufacturer and has nothing to do with the price set by the dealer. Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    nola1919 said:

Good morning. I have an agreement in principal with a dealer for a lease for a P+ they are obtaining for me from another dealer. Given that my wife and I just turned on our 2014 Q5 lease, we are eligible for $750 in loyalty dollars. The dealership is claiming that they offered me an aggressive price and are unwilling to apply the loyalty dollars. My understanding is that the $750 comes from the manufacturer and has nothing to do with the price set by the dealer. Am I missing something here?

I agree that the loyalty incentive comes from AFS.

I have never seen a dealer refuse to apply a loyalty incentive because of the negotiated price.

Is this a deal breaker for you?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rahulravenrahulraven Member Posts: 2
    I got the following quote from the dealer on a 2018 Q5 P+ for 36/10. Is this a good deal ?

MSRP 50930
    Base Cap Cost 46403
    Cost Added to Lease 395 (doc fee)
    Cap Cost Reductions 7750 (trade-in 7K+ loyalty incentive)
    Net Cap Cost 39048
    Residual Amount 31577
    Money Factor 0.00174
    Lease Term 36

I plan on maying the bank fee + registration upfront ($1285). Also based on may calculations I get a monthly payment of $353 vs the dealer quoting $367. Am i Missing something ?

• Options
    nola1919nola1919 Member Posts: 5
    Michaell said:

nola1919 said:

I have never seen a dealer refuse to apply a loyalty incentive because of the negotiated price.

The offer was about 8.5% off MSRP so it is very aggressive. I'm trying to understand why the dealer would care about the loyalty incentive. I feel like I should be due the additional $750 but am concerned the dealer might walk away from the deal... Any insights?
  • Options
    nola1919 said:

Michaell said:

nola1919 said:

The offer was about 8.5% off MSRP so it is very aggressive. I'm trying to understand why the dealer would care about the loyalty incentive. I feel like I should be due the additional $750 but am concerned the dealer might walk away from the deal... Any insights?
    At this point, no insights. Can you escalate to the finance or sales manager?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

I got the following quote from the dealer on a 2018 Q5 P+ for 36/10. Is this a good deal ?

MSRP 50930
    Base Cap Cost 46403
    Cost Added to Lease 395 (doc fee)
    Cap Cost Reductions 7750 (trade-in 7K+ loyalty incentive)
    Net Cap Cost 39048
    Residual Amount 31577
    Money Factor 0.00174
    Lease Term 36

I plan on maying the bank fee + registration upfront ($1285). Also based on may calculations I get a monthly payment of $353 vs the dealer quoting $367. Am i Missing something ?

We aren't fans of using trade equity to buy down the lease payment - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Would you pre-pay $7000 on an apartment rental? Same principle.

We also suggest rolling in the acquisition fee to the deal, as well.

Adding the doc and acq fees ($895) to the base cap cost ($47,693 total), I get $586/mo, and you'll get a check for the trade equity back from the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jcdds89jcdds89 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    I am trying to lease a 2018 Audi Q5

Downtown Chicago, IL
    Zip code 60611
    Annual Income 200k+
    Credit Score 780
    36 month lease/12k miles
    Premium Plus or Prestige Trims

1. What are the current lease numbers for Premium Plus and Prestige Trims? (Money Factor, Residual Value, etc)

2. I have been reading on here that 6% off of MSRP is generally considered a "good deal". Would it be possible to go even lower than 6% off MSRP or would that be asking for too much?

3. I am trying to close a deal before the end of this month and I was informed that many dealerships tend to give out "bigger discounts" at the end of a month to meet their monthly quota or whatever. Is this correct? If so, how can I get the dealer to give out the "bigger discount"? It seems like they are never willing to budge. Or many times, they say that they will do it at certain prices but they back out at the end saying there was a mistake in calculation and try to add on more stuff and to me it just seems like they are just messing with me.

4. I currently am an owner of a 2017 Q5 as I co-signed for a family member in 2017. Does Audi have any loyalty program to give out more discounts in this case?

5. I am also considering 2017 Mercedes Benz GLC 300. Will I get better "deals" for 2017 GLC 300 or 2018 Audi Q5 in the current market?

Thank you for your time!
  • Options
    jcdds89 said:

I am trying to lease a 2018 Audi Q5

Downtown Chicago, IL
    Zip code 60611
    Annual Income 200k+
    Credit Score 780
    36 month lease/12k miles
    Premium Plus or Prestige Trims

1. What are the current lease numbers for Premium Plus and Prestige Trims? (Money Factor, Residual Value, etc)

2. I have been reading on here that 6% off of MSRP is generally considered a "good deal". Would it be possible to go even lower than 6% off MSRP or would that be asking for too much?

3. I am trying to close a deal before the end of this month and I was informed that many dealerships tend to give out "bigger discounts" at the end of a month to meet their monthly quota or whatever. Is this correct? If so, how can I get the dealer to give out the "bigger discount"? It seems like they are never willing to budge. Or many times, they say that they will do it at certain prices but they back out at the end saying there was a mistake in calculation and try to add on more stuff and to me it just seems like they are just messing with me.

4. I currently am an owner of a 2017 Q5 as I co-signed for a family member in 2017. Does Audi have any loyalty program to give out more discounts in this case?

5. I am also considering 2017 Mercedes Benz GLC 300. Will I get better "deals" for 2017 GLC 300 or 2018 Audi Q5 in the current market?

Thank you for your time!

1. .00174 and 61% (P+) or 57% (Prestige)
    2. If you don't ask, you don't get. Though, with the 2018's being so new, you may not even get the 6%
    3. Shopping at the end of the month tends to result in better pricing, as dealers are trying to hit volume bonuses
    4. If the car is registered at the same address where your new lease will reside, then you will qualify for the $750 loyalty incentive
    5. The GLC is still pretty popular - I'd suggest you test drive them both and see if one of them "speaks" to you. Getting a good lease deal on a car you don't like isn't all that great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    donmonopolydonmonopoly Member Posts: 26
    Hi Guys!

Please provide the RV/MF for a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus 12/36

Thanks!
  • Options
    Are there any incentives on the 2018 Q5? Currently an infiniti owner and former audi owner.
  • Options

Hi Guys!

Please provide the RV/MF for a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus 12/36

Thanks!

Are there any incentives on the 2018 Q5? Currently an infiniti owner and former audi owner.

.00174 MF and 61% residual
    $750 loyalty, if you qualify

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hey there!

Will Audi waive an acquisition fee in exchange for slightly higher MF? If so, do you know by how much?

Thank you.
  • Options

Hey there!

Will Audi waive an acquisition fee in exchange for slightly higher MF? If so, do you know by how much?

Thank you.

Yes.. for an increase of .00050.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    reagan5305reagan5305 Member Posts: 9
    Hi there,

Any one can help me evaluate if this is a deal or not?

Audi 2018 Q5 Premium 2.0T 4D 10,000 miles/yr, 36 month
    MSRP: $45,755
    Agreed Upon Value: $40,722
    Residual $28,368 (0.6966)
    Downpay: $5K monthly pay: $437.52
    Downpay: $4K monthly pay: $468.50

Thanks a lot for your time!
  • Options
    Last request.  Please provide RV/MF for Q5 Premium only (not plus).  36/12 Florida 
  • Options

Last request.  Please provide RV/MF for Q5 Premium only (not plus).  36/12 Florida 

Same numbers for Premium and Premium Plus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    Thank you.  My dealer is telling me because I'm looking at a premium only the RV is 57% and MF is .00194. Can I call BS on this?  I have perfect credit.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Thank you.  My dealer is telling me because I'm looking at a premium only the RV is 57% and MF is .00194. Can I call BS on this?  I have perfect credit.

Those are the numbers for 42/12 lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ShankdieselShankdiesel Member Posts: 30
    any word on august numbers yet for sq5? 35/7.5 P+
  • Options

Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    If I lease a Q5 am I required to do the 10/20/30k maintenance?
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

Nope
    how about now?
  • Options

If I lease a Q5 am I required to do the 10/20/30k maintenance?

Audi (like BMW) tracks their maintenance pretty closely. Expect to get dinged if you don't do it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx said:

Nope
    how about now?
    .00195 MF and 66% residual for Premium Plus
    65% for Prestige

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Ok guys it took a lot of ball breaking but I got it done. Let me know your thoughts.

2018 Q5 Premium
    MSRP: $50,235
    Cap Cost: $43,049
    36X12K
    $924 out the door included 1st payment of $557 tax in (6%)
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Nope
    how about now?
    .00195 MF and 66% residual for Premium Plus
    65% for Prestige
    Interesting...drop a full point in RV but no real offset in MF. Any promos/rebates/incentives for DC metro?

• Options

Ok guys it took a lot of ball breaking but I got it done. Let me know your thoughts.

2018 Q5 Premium
    MSRP: $50,235
    Cap Cost: $43,049
    36X12K
    $924 out the door included 1st payment of $557 tax in (6%)

Looks great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator