Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Chevrolet Volt Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I am looking at leasing in SF Bay Area...Volt LT. 36/12. If I have this right.....MF: .00069, 50% Residual, $4400 lease cash...let me know if I am right or wrong. Looking to do something in next week. I know how to calculate leases, but what about the federal rebate that GM gets...how is that accounted for in the lease numbers?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    koctailz said:

I am looking at leasing in SF Bay Area...Volt LT. 36/12. If I have this right.....MF: .00069, 50% Residual, $4400 lease cash...let me know if I am right or wrong. Looking to do something in next week. I know how to calculate leases, but what about the federal rebate that GM gets...how is that accounted for in the lease numbers?

I confirm the numbers you've listed.

The $4400 is that part of the federal tax credit that GM is sharing with you. GM Financial, as the buyer, qualifies for the total credit amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,226
    Michaell said:

koctailz said:

I confirm the numbers you've listed.

The $4400 is that part of the federal tax credit that GM is sharing with you. GM Financial, as the buyer, qualifies for the total credit amount.
    On a lease. $4400 might be the total amount they qualify for, even as the buyer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    flymiaflymia Member Posts: 6
    Any numbers for 12k/36 months in St. Louis, MO on an LT? Thanks!
  • Options
    flymia said:

.00069 and 50%

$4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    s0cr4t1cs0cr4t1c Member Posts: 23
    Just wanted to stop back in and share the lease deal I finally worked out here in Central Florida:

2017 Volt LT 36/12k Lease
    $35850 MSRP
    $32730 Dealer Discounted Price
    -$2000 Factory to Dealer Coupons
    -$4400 Lease Cash
    = $26,330 + tag, title, dealer fee

Paid CCR tax, registration, and first month's payment upfront. (Paid non-taxable items to avoid paying taxes on them if rolled into lease)

Lease Payment w/tax = $309/month

Outside of California or the few other states that provide EV incentives, I don't think I could've done much better. :)
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Thanks for letting others know your experience. I'm sure it's very different leasing in Florida. Great discounts though. Enjoy your Volt!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    s0cr4t1c said:

Just wanted to stop back in and share the lease deal I finally worked out here in Central Florida:

2017 Volt LT 36/12k Lease
    $35850 MSRP
    $32730 Dealer Discounted Price
    -$2000 Factory to Dealer Coupons
    -$4400 Lease Cash
    = $26,330 + tag, title, dealer fee

Paid CCR tax, registration, and first month's payment upfront. (Paid non-taxable items to avoid paying taxes on them if rolled into lease)

Lease Payment w/tax = $309/month

Outside of California or the few other states that provide EV incentives, I don't think I could've done much better. :)

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your deal details with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lraff22lraff22 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Guys,

I was wondering if I could get some information on a 2017 Chevy Volt Premium Lease in New Jersey. I am looking for a 36 Month/15,000 Miles lease with about 1,000 or so down.

Does anyone have any place they can point me to so I can do a little more research about this whole process. Thanks for you help!
  • Options
    lraff22 said:

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if I could get some information on a 2017 Chevy Volt Premium Lease in New Jersey. I am looking for a 36 Month/15,000 Miles lease with about 1,000 or so down.

Does anyone have any place they can point me to so I can do a little more research about this whole process. Thanks for you help!

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/10-steps-to-leasing-a-new-car.html

This article is a good first step.
    Edmunds has dozens of articles on leasing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lraff22lraff22 Member Posts: 4
    Awesome, I stumbled across this right after I made my previous post. I have been looking for MF and Residual info for a 36 Months/15,000 Miles in NJ on a Volt Premium with no luck.

Anyone have these numbers or can point me to somewhere to find them?
  • Options
    lraff22 said:

Awesome, I stumbled across this right after I made my previous post. I have been looking for MF and Residual info for a 36 Months/15,000 Miles in NJ on a Volt Premium with no luck.

Anyone have these numbers or can point me to somewhere to find them?

.00067 and 47%

$4025 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    scooter124scooter124 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2017
    hello all I am a bit new to this forum so here goes. I live in Dutchess County NY and am looking to leave a 2017 Volt.
    I went in at got this offer yesterday
    http://imgur.com/a/Mnz8I
    Can anyone tell me if ithat is decent or not?
    its seems the GM is only giving me 5400 of the 7500 fed tax credit .

I'm also a little confused because based on their lease add on their site below the math seems fuzzy
    http://www.bartonchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=all&make=Chevrolet&model=Volt&year=2017

If I used that formula and applied it to the lease deal on the website then we have (About)
    4k DP @185/mo
    3k DP @212/mo
    2k DP @239/mo
    1K DP @266/mo

The paper they handed me yesterday said 1700 NY credit plus 1k cash would put me at 316.30/month drive off
    something doesnt seem right to me. At min I would think the 1700 NY credit would put me close to the 2k/239 a month deal? Also . they dont seem to know anything about deposits versus down payments.
    I was told NEVER to use DP's on leases.

Please help.
  • Options

hello all I am a bit new to this forum so here goes. I live in Dutchess County NY and am looking to leave a 2017 Volt.
    I went in at got this offer yesterday
    Can anyone tell me if ithat is decent or not?
    its seems the GM is only giving me 5400 of the 7500 fed tax credit .

I'm also a little confused because based on their lease add on their site below the math seems fuzzy
    http://www.bartonchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=all&make=Chevrolet&model=Volt&year=2017

If I used that formula and applied it to the lease deal on the website then we have (About)
    4k DP @185/mo
    3k DP @212/mo
    2k DP @239/mo
    1K DP @266/mo

The paper they handed me yesterday said 1700 NY credit plus 1k cash would put me at 316.30/month drive off
    something doesnt seem right to me. At min I would think the 1700 NY credit would put me close to the 2k/239 a month deal? Also . they dont seem to know anything about deposits versus down payments.
    I was told NEVER to use DP's on leases.

Please help.

First, that's an ad, not an offer.

What you need from the dealer are the MSRP and the adjusted cap cost - that should give us a baseline upon which to calculate payments.

The 36/10 numbers on the LT are .00069 and 51%, with $4400 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Does this offer show the numbers you are looking for ?
  • Options
    Generally the only money you should pay up front is the first month plus taxes and fees (if you don't have them rolled into the lease), which shouldn't amount to any more than $2k.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options

Does this offer show the numbers you are looking for ?

That shows the selling price, not the adjusted cap cost, which is the selling price less incentives, plus any taxes or fees you are not paying up front.

NY taxes the sum of the payments, and collects that money up front; the $2600 tax amount is too high, in that case.

The attachment helps a little, but is also misleading, as the prices are for a purchase, then the payment amounts on the left don't match up.

No mention of the acquisition fee, for instance.

That's why the adjusted cap cost is necessary - it shows the relevant numbers for a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ok he told me 1 k cash to drive off which includes "Everything" .. plus the 1700 state rebate.
    Seems like im shelling out 800 too much here.
    I have seen lease hack deals where ppl drive off with nothing
    https://leasehackr.com/leaselog/
    search VOLT
  • Options

ok he told me 1 k cash to drive off which includes "Everything" .. plus the 1700 state rebate.
    Seems like im shelling out 800 too much here.
    I have seen lease hack deals where ppl drive off with nothing
    https://leasehackr.com/leaselog/
    search VOLT

I don't follow other pricing websites....

But, as @suydam noted, your drive off should be just the first payment and DMV / registration costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dealer replied "lunch was quick thanx do u want the net cap cost or the gross cap cost "
  • Options

dealer replied "lunch was quick thanx do u want the net cap cost or the gross cap cost "

Adjusted or net CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks.. I will request the info.. strange I think I got a young guy who knew nothing about rebates. His manager had to come in to do the smoke and mirrors stuff.

TY all for your patience. Hopefully I will have something in the morning!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ok the dealer answered in 2 ways.
    Person 1.
    "The adjusted cap cost is the selling price of the vehicle minus the rebates and whichever down payment you choose. According to the pencil report you provided, prior to the down payment the adjusted cap cost is $25,764. If you put $1000 down that changes it to $24764 and so on depending on how much you want to put down."

Person 2 (who seems to be a new young guy...): "sorry took so long had people here 35350"
  • Options
    So you don't have to put anything down.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    cajm123cajm123 Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    Hi can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a 36/10 Volt LT in Southern California, thanks!
  • Options
    cajm123 said:

Hi can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a 36/10 Volt LT in Southern California, thanks!

.00069 MF and 51% residual
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    uncle_jackuncle_jack Member Posts: 24
    Hi, I live in Houston, TX, 77095. My lease of 2014 Volt (Premium model, MSRP was $41,650) will be up within 2 weeks (3 years/36k miles, down $2500, $330/month). I am planning to lease another 2017 Volt (Premium model). The MSRP is $40,920, 3 years/36k miles, $0 down or $1000 max). Can someone help me with Residual Value, Money Factor, and Lease Cashback Incentive? And what is the estimated monthly payment that would be considered a good deal?
  • Options
    flymiaflymia Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:
    .00069 and 50% $4400 lease cash
    Any update for the new month?
  • Options
    jason532jason532 Member Posts: 26
    Hi - can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a 24/12 & 36/12 Volt LT in Oregon for August. Thanks!
  • Options

Hi, I live in Houston, TX, 77095. My lease of 2014 Volt (Premium model, MSRP was $41,650) will be up within 2 weeks (3 years/36k miles, down $2500, $330/month). I am planning to lease another 2017 Volt (Premium model). The MSRP is $40,920, 3 years/36k miles, $0 down or $1000 max). Can someone help me with Residual Value, Money Factor, and Lease Cashback Incentive? And what is the estimated monthly payment that would be considered a good deal?

Volt LT
    36/12
    .00069 MF and 50% residual
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    flymia said:

Michaell said:

flymia said:

.00069 and 50%

$4400 lease cash

Any update for the new month?

July program scheduled through August 31st

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jason532 said:

Hi - can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a 24/12 & 36/12 Volt LT in Oregon for August. Thanks!

Volt LT
    36/12
    $4400 lease cash

No support for 24 month lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi - can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a
    36/10 Volt LT in NY for August
    36/10 Volt Premier in NY for August
  • Options

Hi - can I please get the RV, MF and any incentives for a
    36/10 Volt LT in NY for August
    36/10 Volt Premier in NY for August

July GM programs are valid through the month of August

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Sorry I know this is the wrong forum but I'm sorta clueless to this stuff. Iasked another dealer about this deal in
    case the EV's are too expensive

2017 Honda Fit EX with sunroof, alloy wheels, touch screen, lane watch, backup camera: $17,657 after taxes and fees 19,489.13
    - I told them I don't want to put down a DP but would pay the taxes up front and an alt way to lower monthly.
    - They replies:
    "EX fit with manual. Obviously you have the option of getting leather custom in the car if you want to keep manual, for a little more but here it is.

FIT EX Manual. Taxes, fees, everything up front: $1,784.51
    Monthly payment 189.47 for 36 months with 11,702.50 Residual.
    "

It seems there is about 1k difference between what I'm paying (189.47x36) and my buyout @11.7K.
    Can I ask them to make the numbers or something?
    What are the next steps.
    According to my calcs that is 60 perecent residual.. yikes?
  • Options

Sorry I know this is the wrong forum but I'm sorta clueless to this stuff. Iasked another dealer about this deal in
    case the EV's are too expensive

2017 Honda Fit EX with sunroof, alloy wheels, touch screen, lane watch, backup camera: $17,657 after taxes and fees 19,489.13
    - I told them I don't want to put down a DP but would pay the taxes up front and an alt way to lower monthly.
    - They replies:
    "EX fit with manual. Obviously you have the option of getting leather custom in the car if you want to keep manual, for a little more but here it is.

FIT EX Manual. Taxes, fees, everything up front: $1,784.51
    Monthly payment 189.47 for 36 months with 11,702.50 Residual.
    "

It seems there is about 1k difference between what I'm paying (189.47x36) and my buyout @11.7K.
    Can I ask them to make the numbers or something?
    What are the next steps.
    According to my calcs that is 60 perecent residual.. yikes?

Please post in the Fit discussion:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43288/honda/fit/2017-honda-fit-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fastsvofastsvo Member Posts: 31
    Hi I am looking to lease a volt in Los Angeles interested in the current rebates, incentives and dealer cash data.  What percentage of MSRP are the best deals getting these days?  Is the Japanese Conquest cash still available? Thanks!
  • Options
    fastsvo said:

Hi I am looking to lease a volt in Los Angeles interested in the current rebates, incentives and dealer cash data.  What percentage of MSRP are the best deals getting these days?  Is the Japanese Conquest cash still available? Thanks!

What trim?

Lease term and miles per year?

We don't track pricing - use the 'make / model / year' pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools. Or, read back through the last page or two of this thread.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    trojandrivertrojandriver Member Posts: 3
    Hello, if you get a lease is the $4,400 lease cash separate from the Federal Tax Credit or is that baked into the $4,400. I'm trying to understand how they roll the tax credit into your lease. I'm looking at the Volt and an E-tron, the Audi sales person told me they roll the full credit on top of any discounts they can give me into the lease pricing. Just trying to wrap my head on how the fed. tax credit gets baked in.
  • Options

Hello, if you get a lease is the $4,400 lease cash separate from the Federal Tax Credit or is that baked into the $4,400. I'm trying to understand how they roll the tax credit into your lease. I'm looking at the Volt and an E-tron, the Audi sales person told me they roll the full credit on top of any discounts they can give me into the lease pricing. Just trying to wrap my head on how the fed. tax credit gets baked in.

The $4400 from GM is that part of the federal incentive they are passing on to you. Remember, you don't qualify for the incentive, GM Financial does as the purchaser.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

The $4400 from GM is that part of the federal incentive they are passing on to you. Remember, you don't qualify for the incentive, GM Financial does as the purchaser.
    Also, on a lease, they don't get the full $7500. $4400 is probably 100% of the tax credit, passed on to you as a rebate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    What is the best lease program in the South East (FL) for the 2017 LT? is it the advertised 39 month/15k a year? if so what are the MF and residual? Thanks
  • Options
    osu18 said:

What is the best lease program in the South East (FL) for the 2017 LT? is it the advertised 39 month/15k a year? if so what are the MF and residual? Thanks

.00069 and 46% for 39/15

$4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    zilly99zilly99 Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering about MF and residual on a 2017 LT (base) MSRP $34095 in the Los Angeles area for 36/12K? The dealer just sent me numbers with .00169 and 50% -- which seems higher than other numbers on this thread. Also, does the $4400 lease cash apply as additional downpayment, or does it have to factor in another way? Thanks!!
  • Options
    zilly99 said:

I was wondering about MF and residual on a 2017 LT (base) MSRP $34095 in the Los Angeles area for 36/12K? The dealer just sent me numbers with .00169 and 50% -- which seems higher than other numbers on this thread. Also, does the $4400 lease cash apply as additional downpayment, or does it have to factor in another way? Thanks!!

$4400 lease cash.
    Yes, it should be listed as a CAP cost reduction (which means you'll pay tax on it).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gsgsgs3egsgsgs3e Member Posts: 7
    Hello: Looking for Volt Premier in Portland, OR. What should I expect on MF and residual? Also should I wait for Sep (i.e., does Sep typically bring better pricing, rebates etc)? Excuse if this sounds too green (first time post!).
  • Options
    gsgsgs3e said:

Hello: Looking for Volt Premier in Portland, OR. What should I expect on MF and residual? Also should I wait for Sep (i.e., does Sep typically bring better pricing, rebates etc)? Excuse if this sounds too green (first time post!).

What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Cannot tell you what the numbers will look like next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I am looking for a 36 mo/12k lease.
  • Options
    gsgsgs3e said:

gsgsgs3e said:

I am looking for a 36 mo/12k lease.

.00069 and 49%

$4025 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks much. Would you mind helping me understand this at more depth..? I got an offer - where the lease payment was $357 for 48 months/12k with $0 down (although I asked for a 12k/36 mo). Some of the details I was able to see (he didn't give me the full details to take with me):
    MSRP - $40,690
    Sales price - $32,665
    Residual - 48% (he told me that was for a 3 year lease; so that doesn't apply to 48 mo lease)
    Does the $4,025 lease cash apply on top of the selling price above? Or is that "baked" into the selling price reduction?

The selling price seems like a pretty good one. So based on this what should I expect the lease payment to be (for 12k/36 mo)?