Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Service engine soon

giospaghettigiospaghetti Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in Chevrolet
Hello, i have a problem with my chevrolet blazer 1994 , i just bought it here in italy (not the right place where to buy american cars but i really like this car), but it's already out the service engine soon, this makes me sad because i guess normally is the motor and i have fear it will stop works the motor soon, this is my first chevrolet, and i don't know well american cars, could you help me please to understand why this light is already out ? Thank you very much

Answers

• Also the temperature of water today was more then 210 and thats another sign the motor probably is not ok :(
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,655
    Service engine soon could come on for a number of reasons. It would require hooking up a proper code reader to see what codes were stored, then address the trouble(s) as needed. The 210 temp 'may' be ok but I would make sure coolant level is where it should be both in overflow tank and radiator (if accessible)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    You can read the trouble codes yourself if you know how to do it. Here's a YouTube video:

READING GENERAL MOTORS TROUBLE CODES/ OBD-I DIAGNOSTICS