Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - what kind of financing deals for Golf/GTI after Aug 31?

ninjastyleninjastyle Member Posts: 1
edited August 2017 in Volkswagen
I am looking to purchase a new Golf or GTI (haven't yet made up my mind). I see on vw.com that they are offering 0.9% financing for 72 months. Here's my situation: I have 2 payments left on a lease that will be up in Oct/Nov. I could either: (a) eat the 2 payments and buy a new Golf/GTI now, or (b) wait until the lease ends in Oct/Nov, but if I do that then there is a chance that the 0.9% financing will no longer be available.

My question is: based on years past, what kinds of financing deals would you expect on the 2017 Golf/GTI in Oct/Nov 2017? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    phkw8917phkw8917 Member Posts: 16
    Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,207
    phkw8917 said:

Hello, do you know if dealers can combine .9% for 72 months with any other VW rebates they get? Dealer gave me almost 6k off the car but then said I couldn't do the 0.9. Just want to make sure that's true. Thanks!

If they write it at 1.9%, they get an extra $500.
    2.9% gets an extra $500 on top of that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    phkw8917phkw8917 Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:

phkw8917 said:

Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I qualify for 0.9 but they were writing it at 2.99. Sounds like I can still push for 0.9 and maybe meet in the middle, or ask for another 500 off?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,207
    phkw8917 said:

kyfdx said:

phkw8917 said:

Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I qualify for 0.9 but they were writing it at 2.99. Sounds like I can still push for 0.9 and maybe meet in the middle, or ask for another 500 off?
    I'm sure they'll give you 0.9%, but it will result in $1000 less for them. How they will respond to negotiations is anyone's guess.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator