Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - 2017 Highlander Limited or 2017 Honda Pilot Touring?

igotmy5igotmy5 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Toyota
We are a family of five. Debating the pros/cons of Highlander vs. Pilot. We have test driven both SUV and they seemed reasonably equal. 3rd row seating in Pilot was a bit more comfortable. However, Highlander interior and styling was better. If you bought a 2017 Highlander, please provide some reasons why you chose the Highlander over other competitors. I am leaning towards Toyota for quality and name. Please advise.

Any guess on what is a good price for a 2017 Highlander Limited in Texas? Any deals or discounts coming out at the end of 2017?

thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @igotmy5 Thanks for reaching out! Styling and reliability definitely point toward the Highlander. I believe that is where it ends. The Honda has more interior space, is a very reliable brand and has better resale value. After 5 years and 75K miles the Highlander will be worth 39% of its original MSRP. The Honda will be worth 43%.

I appraised a base Limited Highlander in Texas using Edmunds True Market Value. Edmunds True Market Value or TMV pricing is a powerful tool that helps shoppers get a good deal on a new or used car. Based on actual sales data, TMV is a guide to what other people in your area paid for the same car. According to TMV, a base Limited has an MSRP of $43,070 and an average selling price of $40,283. There is currently a $500 dollar customer cash rebate, bringing the adjusted TMV down to $39,783. Anything below this would be a good deal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• igotmy5igotmy5 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your detailed explanation. I have never used Edmund's TMV before for research.  I will definitely look at it to be a smarter shopper. Thanks again. 
  • BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @igotmy5 You are welcome, and please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.