Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MB Lease Return & Leasing 2018 C Class Sedan Questions & Advice

danio8817danio8817 Member Posts: 21
edited August 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi Everyone- I am in TX (77005) looking at a 2018 C Class Sport Sedan w/ Night Package and Car Play with 12k miles/ 36 mo. My latest and greatest offer is $575/mo. Please see the quote attached. I am working with two dealerships. Both have residual value at 60% and the MF at 0.00144 with autopay.

Per Michaell: "Assuming RWD, .00124 and 60% for 36/12

With your MSRP and cap cost, I get $556/mo

However, I don't see any mention of the acquisition fee or doc fee. Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is, accounting for those charges."

But yes, MF may also be marked up."

Do you know of any leverage I can use in turning in my existing MB lease? I am 12k under the mileage allotment of 45k on a 2014 E Class Coupe. Is there any equity to negotiate or excess wear and tear that can be waived? I do have a windshield that needs to be replaced and a cracked tailight- great timing! Both happened a month before the lease was up. It is in great condition aside from that.

Any advice on A- how to get to the numbers Michael mentioned (so close) and B- anything I can use as leverage in my lease return/ getting wear and tear waived?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• danio8817danio8817 Member Posts: 21
    I know of the $500 damage credit and the salesman mentioned they may waive it all as I am staying with the brand. Of course, that isn't in writing so any assurances or equity I can use because of the lower mileage so I'm not stuck with a bill from the leasing company would be great.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    danio8817 said:

I know of the $500 damage credit and the salesman mentioned they may waive it all as I am staying with the brand. Of course, that isn't in writing so any assurances or equity I can use because of the lower mileage so I'm not stuck with a bill from the leasing company would be great.

I don't know that you have any leverage on wear-and-tear. But, of course, the disposition fee will be waived if you re-up with MBFS.

Your money factor is marked up by .00030 (.00114 with autopay) and the acquisition fee is marked up by $300, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2017
    Thanks for your help! I am debating between a white with a sunroof and a black with a pano roof. The dealer with the white car is willing to get to $550. I am using that as leverage with the other. If I can get it to $550, that would be a good deal, right?
    How does this look? He said MF is 0.00124 - buy rate. They are throwing in extras, too.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    danio8817 said:

I get the same payment they do.

Considering the tax you have to pay in TX, that's not a bad deal.
    Acquisition fee is marked up by $300.
    If you are doing autopay, that should knock the rate down to .00114 and lower the payment by about $7/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator