Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Subaru WRX Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• myjumpropemyjumprope Member Posts: 27
    Hi! Can I get numbers for a 2018 WRX Limited M6
    36 mo/ 12k
    36 mo/15k
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

Hi! Can I get numbers for a 2018 WRX Limited M6
    36 mo/ 12k
    36 mo/15k

60% / 58% and .00130

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ojojinsanojojinsan Member Posts: 22
    is the subaru offer of 315/month+1999$ down the best value for base wrx or its possible to get a lease for less?
    ojojinsan said:

is the subaru offer of 315/month+1999$ down the best value for base wrx or its possible to get a lease for less?

The $2K down is $56/mo, so the true cost of the lease is $371/mo.

With decent negotiation skills, you may be able to beat that ad payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

2018 Subaru WRX Limited with Starlink CVT listed msrp 34781
    MF and residual for 36/10 48034 zip

is it possible to lease this for 400 or under without down payment?

59% and .00085

With that MSRP, the cap cost would have to be around $32,500 to achieve a payment of $400/mo, assuming 6% sales tax.
    36 @ 10,000
    2,000 Down
    434.78 a Month (Including Tax, Title, and Transfer)

is this a good deal? got this over email so can probably go lower but not sure how much lower i can ask?
  • prgawa1prgawa1 Member Posts: 5
    Could you please provide MF and Residual for Premium (manual) 36 months/12k miles a year.

zip code is 98004
    ojojinsan said:

Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

2018 Subaru WRX Limited with Starlink CVT listed msrp 34781
    MF and residual for 36/10 48034 zip

is it possible to lease this for 400 or under without down payment?

59% and .00085

With that MSRP, the cap cost would have to be around $32,500 to achieve a payment of $400/mo, assuming 6% sales tax.
    36 @ 10,000
    2,000 Down
    434.78 a Month (Including Tax, Title, and Transfer)

is this a good deal? got this over email so can probably go lower but not sure how much lower i can ask?
    What does the $2000 cover?

What is the cap cost?

We don't track prices, but you're likely to get a better price if you show up at the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,550
    prgawa1 said:

Could you please provide MF and Residual for Premium (manual) 36 months/12k miles a year.

zip code is 98004

.00090 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004
    Think I got screwed over. Was offered $405 a month without taxes or fees (with $1,000 down) Using the numbers you gave me I got $388 including taxes, with $1,000 down. 

The final price has been agreed to $29,000 but I have yet to sign paperwork and pick up the car. Do I have any type of negotiating power to lower the monthly payment to be closer to what I calculated? I've already put a hold on the unit.

First time wrx buyer and looking to fulfill this dream!
    any help is appreciated!
    prgawa1 said:

kyfdx said:

prgawa1 said:

zip code is 98004

Think I got screwed over. Was offered $405 a month without taxes or fees (with $1,000 down) Using the numbers you gave me I got $388 including taxes, with $1,000 down. 

The final price has been agreed to $29,000 but I have yet to sign paperwork and pick up the car. Do I have any type of negotiating power to lower the monthly payment to be closer to what I calculated? I've already put a hold on the unit.

any help is appreciated!

Did they disclose the money factor?

What is the MSRP?

Do you know what fees are being charged?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!
    Did they disclose the money factor? What is the MSRP? Do you know what fees are being charged?
    They have not disclosed the money factor; I have not asked yet though. That being said, would it also be acceptable to ask about the Residual value they used?

MSRP is $30,990, final sale price is $29,900. One question, does MSRP matter? I believe the final selling price had the final say on what the monthly payment is. Would appreciate more information on this if possible.

From what I understand, there are no fees included in this 'quote' I am giving you above. So acquisition fee is still to be factored in. 

Thanks

prgawa1 said:
    kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!
    Did they disclose the money factor? What is the MSRP? Do you know what fees are being charged?
    They have not disclosed the money factor; I have not asked yet though. That being said, would it also be acceptable to ask about the Residual value they used?

MSRP is $30,990, final sale price is $29,900. One question, does MSRP matter? I believe the final selling price had the final say on what the monthly payment is. Would appreciate more information on this if possible.

From what I understand, there are no fees included in this 'quote' I am giving you above. So acquisition fee is still to be factored in. 

Thanks

Final sale price is 29,000* not 29,900, sorry.
    prgawa1 said:

prgawa1 said:

kyfdx said:

prgawa1 said:

kyfdx said:

prgawa1 said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!

What is the MSRP?

Thanks

MSRP matters as that is what the residual % is calculated against.

Residual % is set by the bank; dealer cannot adjust it.

If you haven't taken delivery, you can continue to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• matrick0412matrick0412 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, could you please provide MF and Residual for Base (manual) 36 months/12k miles a year.

zip code is 92504.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, could you please provide MF and Residual for Base (manual) 36 months/12k miles a year.

zip code is 92504.

Thanks in advance!

.00120 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:
    prgawa1 said:
    kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

MSRP matters as that is what the residual % is calculated against. Residual % is set by the bank; dealer cannot adjust it. If you haven't taken delivery, you can continue to negotiate.
    Thank you for all the help. Ok LAST two questions.

If the residual is calculated from MSRP, what importance does the final sale price have on my payments? I just don't see the importance of negotiating the sale price down for a lease if MSRP is what is used.

I've put $500 down on the car to hold it.
  • dobeonguarddobeonguard Member Posts: 5
    prgawa1 said:

Michaell said:

prgawa1 said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!

What is the MSRP?

Thanks

If the residual is calculated from MSRP, what importance does the final sale price have on my payments? I just don't see the importance of negotiating the sale price down for a lease if MSRP is what is used.

Because you are paying the depreciation of the car! Its residual value is already determined at whatever percent, let's say 62% of the original MSRP at the end of the 36 months 36,000 miles. If you negotiate a better sale price lower than MSRP that means you are paying less. No different than buying, but in this case you are only paying the difference between your negotiated sale price and the 62% of the MSRP.
    prgawa1 said:

Michaell said:

prgawa1 said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

zip code is 98004

any help is appreciated!

What is the MSRP?

Thanks

The lower the selling price, the lower the depreciation portion of the lease payment.

Example - MSRP is $36,000, residual is 60% (residual value of $21,600). 36 month term.

If the selling price is MSRP, then the total depreciation is $14,400 ($36,000-$21,600), or $400/mo.

If the selling price is negotiated down to $34,000, then the total depreciation is $12,400 ($34,000-$21,600), or $344.44/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• isquareiisquarei Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    Hi there, thanks ahead of time! MF/Resid please :)

2018 CVT Limited trim with Navigation System, Harman Kardon Amplifier & Speakers, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Starlink etc. In NJ 07731. Top tier credit. $38,630 MSRP. 36/10
    isquarei said:

2018 CVT Limited trim with Navigation System, Harman Kardon Amplifier & Speakers, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Starlink etc. In NJ 07731. Top tier credit. $38,630 MSRP. 36/10

59% and .00085

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• isquareiisquarei Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

isquarei said:

59% and .00085
    Thanks a ton! They told me 449 a month with 2500 total down minus my last 2 lease payments I owe on my other car totaling 766 so 1734 out of pocket. I don't like the idea of putting anything down besides fees though. Does that sound crazy? I feel like I could hit 449 without anything down.
    isquarei said:

Michaell said:

isquarei said:

59% and .00085
    Thanks a ton! They told me 449 a month with 2500 total down minus my last 2 lease payments I owe on my other car totaling 766 so 1734 out of pocket. I don't like the idea of putting anything down besides fees though. Does that sound crazy? I feel like I could hit 449 without anything down.
    What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost on that deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimmybradyjimmybrady Member Posts: 106
    Money factor and residual for STI base. 12k/36 months

Money factor and residual for STI base. 12k/36 months

65% and .00140

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

2018 Subaru WRX Premium MSRP 31861
    2000 down including first payment and acquisition fee
    395/month

good deal or can get it down more? if so how much more can you go down
    ojojinsan said:

395/month

What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost?
    What is the term and mileage?
    Automatic or manual?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thegrubenthegruben Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2017
    Could I get the MF & Residual on a 2018 Subaru WRX Limited CVT with eyesight/Harmon Kardon package for zip 46805?  36mo / 15k.  Thanks!
    edited August 2017
    kyfdx said:

ojojinsan said:

395/month

Automatic or manual?
    36/12 CVT
    not sure about the cap cost
    ojojinsan said:

kyfdx said:

ojojinsan said:

395/month

Automatic or manual?
    36/12 CVT
    not sure about the cap cost
    Hard to say if you can do better, if you don't know the selling price, now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thegruben said:

Could I get the MF & Residual on a 2018 Subaru WRX Limited CVT with eyesight/Harmon Kardon package for zip 46805?  36mo / 15k.  Thanks!

56% and .00085

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• falcor67falcor67 Member Posts: 23
    Do you have September numbers for 36/12 and 36/15 yet? This would be for a Base model.
  • 954catfan16954catfan16 Member Posts: 30
    May I have 36/10 and 36/12 for a base STI in South Florida. Thank you!
    falcor67 said:

Do you have September numbers for 36/12 and 36/15 yet? This would be for a Base model.

.00085 MF and 60%/58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

.00095 MF and 63%/62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• metwallametwalla Member Posts: 11
    kyfdx said:

Hi I'm looking for an STI base with option #03 (that's the recaro seats/push to start) for 36mo/15k

Does the base STI w/out option 3 rate apply here?
    metwalla said:

kyfdx said:

Hi I'm looking for an STI base with option #03 (that's the recaro seats/push to start) for 36mo/15k

Does the base STI w/out option 3 rate apply here?
    .00095 MF and 60% residual.

Options don't matter, only trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• myjumpropemyjumprope Member Posts: 27
    Hi!

Can you please provide numbers for the premium model
    36mo 12 and 15 k?

Thanks! you guys are awesome!!

Hi!

Can you please provide numbers for the premium model
    36mo 12 and 15 k?

Thanks! you guys are awesome!!

Stick shift or CVT?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mshoe113mshoe113 Member Posts: 2
    Can I please get numbers for limited 6mt. 36/12 85258
    mshoe113 said:

57% and .00085

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mshoe113mshoe113 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:
    57% and .00085
    Thank you 
    edited September 2017
    So i just called this dealer an hour away from me asking about a cvt they have. I wanted to know if the price is negotiable before i drive an hour. He told me all wrx dont sell below msrp because they are 2 months old and price is not negotiable. They have a lease deal listed for higher than msrp.

Is it true that they are flying off the lots and they dont need to negotiate?
    This is in Michigan 
  • falcor67falcor67 Member Posts: 23
    ojojinsan said:

So i just called this dealer an hour away from me asking about a cvt they have. I wanted to know if the price is negotiable before i drive an hour. He told me all wrx dont sell below msrp because they are 2 months old and price is not negotiable. They have a lease deal listed for higher than msrp.

This is in Michigan 

That's not true. Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs is selling them for at least $2k under MSRP.
    ojojinsan said:

This is in Michigan 

Widen your search area - only takes one dealer to meet your numbers.

Yes, they're popular, but no discount from sticker? I don't think so.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ok so only a few dealers near me have cvt and from the ones i talked to they all say the same thing no discount on wrxs... dont know if its a michigan thing or what.

this guy gave me this :smile:
    Limited msrp 34781 :
    $3,327 total due at start (plus new plate if needed)
    Total Payment = $400mo

For a premium msrp 31861 to order:
    zero down = 708.71 total due st start = 463mo total payment
    $2,838.67 total due at start (plus new plate if needed) = 400mo total payment
    upfront includes first payment and everything.

but this makes no sense when i calculate for 36 months its 17300 vs 16800 ... how is this possible with that much msrp difference when he said there is no discount from msrp?
    ojojinsan said:

ok so only a few dealers near me have cvt and from the ones i talked to they all say the same thing no discount on wrxs... dont know if its a michigan thing or what.

Limited msrp 34781 :
    Total Payment = $400mo

but this makes no sense when i calculate for 36 months its 17300 vs 16800 ... how is this possible with that much msrp difference when he said there is no discount from msrp?

How many miles a year are these payment quotes based on?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

Limited msrp 34781 :
    Total Payment = $400mo

ojojinsan said:

Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

Limited msrp 34781 :
    Total Payment = $400mo

Limited CVT 36/12 - 55% and .00055
    Premium CVT 36/12 - 58% and .00100

For the Limited using $34,781, I get $464/mo plus tax
    For the Premium using $31,861, I get $422/mo plus tax

I'd expand your search area - you should be able to find a dealer somewhere that offers discounts on the WRX.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wookie13wookie13 Member Posts: 1
    Could I see numbers for Base manual wrx 36/10 47250 please. 
    Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

Michaell said:

ojojinsan said:

Limited msrp 34781 :
    Total Payment = $400mo

Limited CVT 36/12 - 55% and .00055
    Premium CVT 36/12 - 58% and .00100

For the Limited using $34,781, I get $464/mo plus tax
    For the Premium using $31,861, I get $422/mo plus tax

I'd expand your search area - you should be able to find a dealer somewhere that offers discounts on the WRX.
    ok before that is it possible to get a prem cvt for a total lease cost of 15000 no including acquisition and registration?
    Thats what i want to spend so if its not possible its good to know so i dont waste my time