Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Wrangler frame need to be replaced after accident

jeepms2017jeepms2017 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Jeep
Hello,
I just recently bought my dream car a jeep wrangler chief Limited addition. I was cut off by a driver going about 40 miles an hour my car pretty much saved my life. However the estimated cost of damages are $11,000 the car was purchased at $45,000.30 days ago my question is I bought this car so that my family would be safe my son just received his driving permit and I have eight-year-old my concern is if I was to get in a collision like this with my jeep protect me like it did the first time thank you so much for your time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so much, but what is OE parts , I am guessing original jeep parts. And yes it is at a reputable dealer and I am requesting documentation of all parts ordered to ensure they are not cutting costs. Thank you

Answers

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    This is why O.E. parts are so important. With the correct O.E. parts your car can be restored to full design standards should another accident occur. With aftermarket parts there is no way for them to be performance tested and while they may fit and look acceptable you really cannot be certain that they will behave the exact same way that the original design parts are intended to.
  • Options
    Thank you so much, but what is OE parts , I am guessing original jeep parts. And yes it is at a reputable dealer and I am requesting documentation of all parts ordered to ensure they are not cutting costs. Thank you
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Yes... Original Equipment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator