Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - buying a car in houston post storm

byl1623byl1623 Posts: 8
edited August 2017 in General
Does any one have any advice about purchasing a car in houston in the next couple of weeks? Or should I take my business north to Dallas and other parts of the state?

Comments

• texasestexases Posts: 8,847
    New or used? New, I wouldn't have a problem, you'll have the warranty. Used, I'd stick to the major chains, no small lots, and I'd have it inspected by an independent mechanic to confirm no evidence of flood damage.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    Ah....new cars sit outside in the high water too. Something tells me there are going to be a lot of Salvage Title cars both new and used!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,282
    byl1623 said:

Does any one have any advice about purchasing a car in houston in the next couple of weeks? Or should I take my business north to Dallas and other parts of the state?

If buying a car, I'd probably travel to an area outside the flood zones (San Antonio or Austin, in addition to Dallas).

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4