Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    ^thanks for replying. Although it seems that in Maryland, a trade-in doesn't help reduce the tax. Unless I'm getting incorrect advice from LeaseHackr:
    https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/maryland-tax-sale-price/142/6
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    srizvi1 said:

^thanks for replying. Although it seems that in Maryland, a trade-in doesn't help reduce the tax. Unless I'm getting incorrect advice from LeaseHackr:
    https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/maryland-tax-sale-price/142/6

Yeah.. trade-in credit rules vary a lot by state. I thought that was unusual, but what do I know? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fierros2001fierros2001 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Guys, Can you let me know the MF and RV for an SEL at 36mo 12k mi and 48 mo/12k mi in Fort Lauderdale, FL? also are there any incentives? lease cash, etc.?

Hi Guys, Can you let me know the MF and RV for an SEL at 36mo 12k mi and 48 mo/12k mi in Fort Lauderdale, FL? also are there any incentives? lease cash, etc.?

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

FWD sorry
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

FWD sorry

36/12 - .00150 and 60%
    48/12 - .00200 and 53%

$400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I assume those are the same values for SE with technology FWD?

I assume those are the same values for SE with technology FWD?

All FWD trims have the same numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

thank you
    I ended up getting this deal for an SEL FWD 36/12k with only the first payment due at signing ($528 tax in)
    The dealer needed to sell 4 cars to reach their monthly goal of 75 cars - what are your thoughts?

I ended up getting this deal for an SEL FWD 36/12k with only the first payment due at signing ($528 tax in)
    The dealer needed to sell 4 cars to reach their monthly goal of 75 cars - what are your thoughts?

That screenshot shows amount due at start of $1890.
    How was that covered?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The Dealer must have paid for it... (I didn't...)
    what do you think?
  • stingray23stingray23 Member Posts: 84
    Current lease rates for the AWD Atlas SEL Premium for 36/15 please? Thanks

The Dealer must have paid for it... (I didn't...)
    what do you think?

That's $1890 better than it shows, then. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Current lease rates for the AWD Atlas SEL Premium for 36/15 please? Thanks

.00190 MF and 60% residual
    $400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frnkrizzofrnkrizzo Member Posts: 5
    2018 VW Atlas Launch Edition AWD - Zip 14221
    $33,000 selling price

Sound like a good deal ?
  • lindztexaslindztexas Member Posts: 21

Was it easy to get this printout from them? I think it's so shady when dealers do not do this...... I am having a hard time besides trying to send over a number with no other info.
    frnkrizzo said:

2018 VW Atlas Launch Edition AWD - Zip 14221
    $33,000 selling price

Sound like a good deal ?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I ended up getting this deal for an Atlas Premium Model 36/12k. MSRP seems really high. Can you guys take a look. 60% Residual and Money Factor look good and what I asked for, but am I getting hosed on MSRP? I am in Texas so sales tax on purchase price. Payment looks really high, too.
  • mikeyrammikeyram Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2017
    lindztexas
    According to the printout above, I dont see where you are getting any discount off MSRP.. I believe box 11 should reflect the price you are paying after any discounts "Selling Price".
    In the early deal posted by fierros2001.. You can see that they are getting 42185-39474.62 = $2710.38 discount.

Did they tell you that you would get a discount? Did you ask for a discount? Did you ask for lease cash?

I think that $838 is in range for the lease payment given the costs outlined.

I read that VW is offering 1.9% on 60 months.. But that puts you at $944 for $54k loan...
    Also my local VW dealer is advertising $1250 off MSRP on all Atlas...

I ended up getting this deal for an Atlas Premium Model 36/12k. MSRP seems really high. Can you guys take a look. 60% Residual and Money Factor look good and what I asked for, but am I getting hosed on MSRP? I am in Texas so sales tax on purchase price. Payment looks really high, too.

.00190 and 60% are correct for 36/10 FWD

Absolutely no discount from sticker? That hurts.

The math on that quote is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What % off should I expect on Atlas SEL FWD MSRP? MSRP is $42,185 and they came down to about $41,485. What's norm, 5%? Residual and Money Factor Looks to be in line.

What % off should I expect on Atlas SEL FWD MSRP? MSRP is $42,185 and they came down to about $41,485. What's norm, 5%? Residual and Money Factor Looks to be in line.

We don't track prices - and, I'm not sure 5% off sticker is possible on a new and popular model like the Atlas

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zigor911zigor911 Member Posts: 68
    Hello, what are the current RV and MF for 12k/36 and 15k/36 lease in NJ for 2018 Atlas SEL 4Motion please? What would be the difference in monthly payment between 12k and 15k?
    zigor911 said:

Hello, what are the current RV and MF for 12k/36 and 15k/36 lease in NJ for 2018 Atlas SEL 4Motion please? What would be the difference in monthly payment between 12k and 15k?

.00190 and 61% / 59%; $850 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jjsilvaduran86jjsilvaduran86 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2017
    Hello all,

Im new here and I'm looking for some advise on a SEL lease please.

I have an offer for 48months 15k miles a year for 535 plus tax with 2600 out of pocket. Msrp 43,180. With this offer I'm trading a passat lease that has a remaining balance of 2k.   Fort Lauderdale, FL 

Is this a good deal? Or what should I expect? 

Your feedback is appreciated. 

Hello all,

Im new here and I'm looking for some advise on a SEL lease please.

I have an offer for 48months 15k miles a year for 535 plus tax. Msrp 43,180. Fort Lauderdale, FL 

Is this a good deal? Or what should I expect? 

Your feedback is appreciated. 

What is the selling price?

How much is the dealer asking for at signing?

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2017
    @Michaell
    2.6k out of pocket Fwd with 20inch rims. Im also trading a passat with 2k remaining balance  selling price $43,180 no discount. 

@Michaell
    2.6k out of pocket Fwd with 20inch rims. Im also trading a passat with 2k remaining balance  selling price $43,180 no discount. 

So, the $2600 out of pocket effectively covers the $2000 remaining loan balance on the Passat?

No discount from sticker - wow.

Lease numbers are .00200 and 50% for 48/15.

With those prices, I get $579/mo before tax; your quote of $535/mo plus tax looks good by comparison.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The $2,600 is all the money out of my pocket at signing. they did not get into detail how they will use it. but the numbers provided is basically getting the new lease and getting rid of the passat

yep i know no discount! Only car with upgraded wheels on their lot.

Residual value is approximately USD 21,500

Good deal to take? I'm not planning to buy the car at the end of the lease. I'll probably trade for other car when the lease is up.

The $2,600 is all the money out of my pocket at signing. they did not get into detail how they will use it. but the numbers provided is basically getting the new lease and getting rid of the passat

yep i know no discount! Only car with upgraded wheels on their lot.

Residual value is approximately USD 21,500

Good deal to take? I'm not planning to buy the car at the end of the lease. I'll probably trade for other car when the lease is up.

If you're comfortable with the lack of discount from sticker, then I don't see anything wrong with your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OK thanks for taking a look at this! 
  • geebee2020geebee2020 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2017
    Hi, newbie here. I've been following this thread and appreciate all the info. I have a lease offer from a dealership on an SE FWD I'd like to run by this thread:

36/10
    $385/mo
    $2500 down

Here are the numbers the dealer gave me that they're working with:
    $32,600 ($36,320 list)
    .00150 MF
    .59 residual (Los Angeles)

To be honest I'm a little confused because using this lease calculator at 9.25% tax rate the monthly should be $347/mo, which is my goal ($350/mo). Am I miscalculating? Is this a good deal? Thanks much, Greg

Hi, newbie here. I've been following this thread and appreciate all the info. I have a lease offer from a dealership on an SE FWD I'd like to run by this thread:

36/10
    $385/mo
    $2500 down

$32,600 ($36,320 list)
    .00150 MF

To be honest I'm a little confused because using this lease calculator at 9.25% tax rate the monthly should be $347/mo, which is my goal ($350/mo). Am I miscalculating? Is this a good deal? Thanks much, Greg

The number you need from the dealer is the adjusted cap cost - this will be the selling price plus any taxes or fees you are not paying up front, less any cap reduction (aka down payment) from the $2500 up front cash.

That should help figure out the discrepancy.

I agree with the .00150 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    These are the numbers I was given today:
    sel 
    42810 selling price (they said no negotiating since its a 2018)
    fl tax of 6%
    1500 down
    36 months/15k miles
    630 a month 
    thoughts? 
    I am not ready to say yes- I know there's room to negotiate, just not sure how much...would love your advice. 
    zzmmmommy said:

sel 
    fl tax of 6%
    1500 down
    36 months/15k miles
    630 a month 
    thoughts? 
    I am not ready to say yes- I know there's room to negotiate, just not sure how much...would love your advice. 

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    FWD- I am assuming, He didn't ask me.
    msrp is $40890 
    add 625 captain chairs
    285 some cargo trunk thing
    85 roadside kit
    925 destination charge

total 42810
    Michaell said:

36/10
    $385/mo
    $2500 down

$32,600 ($36,320 list)
    .00150 MF

The number you need from the dealer is the adjusted cap cost - this will be the selling price plus any taxes or fees you are not paying up front, less any cap reduction (aka down payment) from the $2500 up front cash.

I decided I wanted the tech package so I updated the deal, here's the offer, please let me what you think:

SE with tech $38,420 MSRP
    36/12
    .59/.00150
    $4700 down
    $357/mo including tax
    adjusted cap - $31,496

Thanks Michaell

Was it easy to get this printout from them? I think it's so shady when dealers do not do this...... I am having a hard time besides trying to send over a number with no other info.
    At first, they showed me the typical quote showing only the monthly payments and MSRP - and they wouldn't give me the quote or even take a photo with my phone!... I told them I would NOT do business with them unless I saw ALL the numbers and also that I would rather work out the deal over the phone and then show up to the dealership once we pretty much "cooked" all the numbers

I still think the key factor was to show up at the end of the month though
    Michaell said:

zzmmmommy said:

sel 
    fl tax of 6%
    1500 down
    36 months/15k miles
    630 a month 
    thoughts? 

FWD or AWD?
    .00150 and 57%

If MSRP and selling price are the same, I get $612/mo before tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2017

Michaell said:

36/10
    $385/mo
    $2500 down

$32,600 ($36,320 list)
    .00150 MF

I decided I wanted the tech package so I updated the deal, here's the offer, please let me what you think:

SE with tech $38,420 MSRP
    36/12
    .59/.00150
    $4700 down
    $357/mo including tax
    adjusted cap - $31,496

Thanks Michaell

We don't recommend you make a large (heck, any) down payment on a lease - it masks the true cost and the money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

With your MSRP and adjusted cap, I get $326.47/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2017
    Interesting about the down payment - my previously leased car was stolen, I didn't realize down payment money was lost because of that. So what would be the pre-tax monthly if I were to put nothing down (I was quoted $34,648 selling price, $338 license and reg, $742.75 in fees and $1215 tax if that's helpful)?
    edited September 2017
    Also, I have over an 700 credit score, shouldn't I be able to bring the MF lower? As you can probably tell I'm pretty new to all this, any additional guidance is appreciated!
    Actually I found this site - https://leasehackr.com/calculator/ - I think I'm good with all the numbers now, thanks for all your help

Also, I have over an 700 credit score, shouldn't I be able to bring the MF lower? As you can probably tell I'm pretty new to all this, any additional guidance is appreciated!

.00150 is the base rate for the Atlas FWD, for top tier credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• landyboy_1landyboy_1 Member Posts: 8
    hey all. 
    in northern CA and have a lease deal on the table for a fwd SEL with the black 20" wheel package added. Two tone shetland and black interior. 

2500 down
    3600 drive off (including down)
    435 / month including tax 

finding out msrp and residual tomorrow. initial thoughts? 

hey all. 
    in northern CA and have a lease deal on the table for a fwd SEL with the black 20" wheel package added. Two tone shetland and black interior. 

2500 down

No thoughts until we hear the MSRP, selling price and money factor

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• landyboy_1landyboy_1 Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:
    hey all. 

2500 down

got it. hope to get those soon. but curious, once i have the above numbers, why is it important to know the money factor and the msrp. silly question i'm sure, but i want to know why i should demand to see them. 

kyfdx said:

hey all. 

2500 down

got it. hope to get those soon. but curious, once i have the above numbers, why is it important to know the money factor and the msrp. silly question i'm sure, but i want to know why i should demand to see them. 

Knowing the MSRP makes sure you get the vehicle you think are. (Oh, you wanted an SEL? Pretty sure I told you this was an SE)
    Knowing residual and money factor makes sure you are getting the deal you think you are. (We are giving you $2000 off. Don't look behind the curtain and see that we are marking up the money factor by $1800)

You are making a $50K deal. You want to know everything.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• C_GC_G Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

hey all. 

2500 down

Knowing the MSRP makes sure you get the vehicle you think are. (Oh, you wanted an SEL? Pretty sure I told you this was an SE)
    Knowing residual and money factor makes sure you are getting the deal you think you are. (We are giving you $2000 off. Don't look behind the curtain and see that we are marking up the money factor by $1800)

You are making a $50K deal. You want to know everything.

Ok - so i got the numbers:

MSRP = 42,185
    money factor = .0015
    drive off (including 2500 down) = 3602
    monthly = 435 (including tax)

whatdya think?