Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 Automatic Door Locking

jorojorojorojoro Member Posts: 4
Anyone need instructions on how to program the automatic locking door feature on the CX 7 and CX 9? If so, let me know. This is the feature that allows the door locks to "lock" (or unlock) when you put the car in gear, or when you reach a certain speed.

Comments

• Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Do tell.
    Is this new feature on newer CX9?
    I am sure 2008 model cannot be programmed to do that.
  • Options
    davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    Yes please do tell/share with us how to do this. Mine is a 2007, but its worth a try.
  • Options
    buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Let's hear it joro. Very useful feature to have.
  • Options
    No problem---This applies to 2010 Mazda3 Mazda6 CX-7 CX-9. 2010 Mazda6 vehicles with BCM GS3L-67-560 and BCM GS3M-67-560 are not equipped with this feature.

Below are the main instructions:

1: Stop the vehicle and close all the doors
    2: Switch the ignition to ON
    3: Press and hold the lock side of the driver's side door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, a "beep" will be heard about 8 seconds afterwards.
    4: Referring to the table, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number.

Function 1: The auto door-lock is disabled
    Function 2: All doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more
    Function 3: All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more. All the doors and the liftgate will unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or OFF
    Function4: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically
    Function 5: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically. When the shift lever is shifted to PARK while the ignition is ON all doors and the liftgate unlock automatically.

**I think A/T means automatic transmission, but I am not sure. Good luck, I hope this works for you.
  • Options
    Hi I just posted the how-to on the thread. Try it, maybe it works for you.
  • Options
    No. Tried it.
    Does not work for 2008 GT AWD.
    My BCM model is
    TD12 67 560D.
  • Options
    knowaczarkknowaczark Member Posts: 1
    This is great stuff for 2010 owners.

Someone out there must have the instructions for us 2008 owners. Give it up....
  • Options
    Don't think so.
    I browsed through my 2008 WorkShop manual many times.
    There is no mentioning of anything like that.
    Also, 2009 owners have tried this procedure w/o success.
    So far, it only works for 2010 owners.
    :mad:
  • Options
    buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Thanks Joro. I will try # 4 as I would not want the car to unlock automatically when I put it into PARK
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Notes to 2007/8/9 owners:
    Please don't try this procedure.
    Not only that it does not work for yours, but someones (not everyone, though) have reported problems after trying it. Proceed at your own risks if you don't believe me. I am just passing on the warnings. :)
  • Options
    zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    can u do this to my 2008 CX7 GT-AWD?
  • Options
    emoney15emoney15 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks so much! This worked for my 2011 CX-9. Function 5 is what I have wanted since my son got locked in the car one time. My Mazda dealer here is awful to deal with, so this is what I have been looking for. Huge help!
  • Options
    hdullhdull Member Posts: 1
    The battery operated key control will not lock my doors or unlock the trunk when the correct tabs are depressed on the key. The dealer changed the battery. It worked for about 2-weeks then stopped. I changed the battery in the key control again. This time it will unlock the doors, but will not lock them. It still won't open the trunk. Any ideas on how to get this fixed so the key operates the way it is suppose to?
  • Options
    meerwmeerw Member Posts: 1
    I have 2012 CX9 GT and this auto door lock programming is not working, pls help
  • Options
    mx5_cx9mx5_cx9 Member Posts: 1

This works great on my 2013 GT AWD! Thanks

1: Stop the vehicle and close all the doors
    2: Switch the ignition to ON
    3: Press and hold the lock side of the driver's side door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, a "beep" will be heard about 8 seconds afterwards.
    4: Referring to the table, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number.

Function 1: The auto door-lock is disabled
    Function 2: All doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more
    Function 3: All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more. All the doors and the liftgate will unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or OFF
    Function4: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically
    Function 5: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically. When the shift lever is shifted to PARK while the ignition is ON all doors and the liftgate unlock automatically.

**I think A/T means automatic transmission, but I am not sure. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

• Options
    greenebeanegreenebeane Member Posts: 1
    Hello, it worked on my 2012 CX-9! YAY! I have been asking the dealer to take care of this for years and they couldn't do it. It is a matter of programming! I am so happy. Thank you!!
  • Options
    leggertleggert Member Posts: 1
    i see that this is an old post, but maybe someone can still help me! I have a 2013 CX9, sport (i think.. maybe touring).. I bought this used, and it came with ONE switchblade key. No valet or additional keys. Since having it, frequently the windows will automatically go down when i get out of the car and lock it. I know there is the double click option to make them do that- but.. I'm not clicking anything. It's even happening when i get IN the car to drive. the lock, and unlock buttons go crazy, and just click away until i reach the speed that makes them lock. WHAT can i do to stop this? i live in Florida, and mystery-window-roll-downs in the middle of summer storms make for a TERRIBLE time. Any help would be so appreciated.
  • Options
    rayquickrayquick Member Posts: 4
    I need help with this on the 2017 model. 
  • Options
    matiaspmatiasp Member Posts: 3
    I need help with this on the 2017 cx9 GTX, it doesn't have the lock/unlock botton in the door. I'll appreciate any help.
    Thank's
  • Options
    kanguru1kanguru1 Member Posts: 1
    jorojoro said:
    No problem---This apbplies to 2010 Mazda3 Mazda6 CX-7 CX-9. 2010 Mazda6 vehicles with BCM GS3L-67-560 and BCM GS3M-67-560 are not equipped with this feature. Below are the main instructions: 1: Stop the vehicle and close all the doors 2: Switch the ignition to ON 3: Press and hold the lock side of the driver's side door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, a "beep" will be heard about 8 seconds afterwards. 4: Referring to the table, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number. Function 1: The auto door-lock is disabled Function 2: All doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more Function 3: All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more. All the doors and the liftgate will unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or OFF Function4: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically Function 5: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically. When the shift lever is shifted to PARK while the ignition is ON all doors and the liftgate unlock automatically. **I think A/T means automatic transmission, but I am not sure. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

I did all the above but I did not hear a 'beep' in 8 seconds. I'm driving a CX-7 2011. Please help