Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Jerking

mazdaprotege1mazdaprotege1 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2017 in Mazda
Hi guys, I'm driving mazda 323 protege 2003 and the problem I have is that it keeps jerking in the first three gears. Originally it was jerking only in first gear but after a few months it became worst. I have replaced the spark plugs but that hasn't fixed the issue. What other things can I do? I would like to avoid going to the mechanics because where I live they are super expensive. Many thanks!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

Hi guys,

I'm driving mazda 323 protege 2003 and the problem I have is that it keeps jerking in the first three gears. Originally it was jerking only in first gear but after a few months it became worst.

I have replaced the spark plugs but that hasn't fixed the issue. What other things can I do? I would like to avoid going to the mechanics because where I live they are super expensive.

Many thanks!

Is it a stick or automatic?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mazdaprotege1mazdaprotege1 Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:
    Hi guys, I'm driving mazda 323 protege 2003 and the problem I have is that it keeps jerking in the first three gears. Originally it was jerking only in first gear but after a few months it became worst. I have replaced the spark plugs but that hasn't fixed the issue. What other things can I do? I would like to avoid going to the mechanics because where I live they are super expensive. Many thanks!
    Is it a stick or automatic?
    Thanks very much for your reply. It's a manual. What are your thoughts?

many thanks:)
  • mazdaprotege1mazdaprotege1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi mate,

Thanks very much for your reply. It's a manual. What are your thoughts?

Many thanks,
    Luka