Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for August 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2017 in Honda

imageMonthly Update for August 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

This month our 2017 Honda CR-V handled commuter duties and a few longer trips, and something is going wrong.

Read the full story here

Comments

• thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    I can't comprehend when the editor's exclaim "it's got real power." I drove one of the Touring editions for over an hour and it failed to inspire any confidence in the power department. Sure, it made horrible high-pitched noises and the tach needle was pegged but it just wouldn't move with authority. It also braked with tremendous nose dive and wallowed/leaned excessively in corners. I knew it was bad when my wife (who typically cares less about performance in her vehicles) said she didn't like it because it was "too slow" to merge and leave traffic lights and pull a basic grade. Perhaps it has something to do with this vehicle being in California and us living in Denver at 5,200 feet. Also, the package it comes wrapped in was cheap, uninspired and had rattles with 27 miles on the odo.

I will say the exterior/interior appearance (not materials) is nicer when compared to previous editions and the competition and it does had decent utility and space within the interior. The touch screen wasn't great in that it smeared easily and was slow to respond. Graphics were dated too....reminded me of my 2007 Acura TL. Wheels are hideous design in my opinion but most Honda (not Acura0 wheels are these days.