Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2017
    jason-atx-11 said

In Austin Tx, I am in a market for 2017 CR-V EX FWD. Does anyone know what is a good price? Should I spend more money to get EX L instead of EX? Thanks for any advise.

Comment:

I would buy the EXL especially if you plan on keeping the car for 10+ years like I do.

I like the cloth seats but do not like the cloth on the arm rest and center console, expect holes after 10 years.
    edited August 2017
    how do you respond to a comment so it shows at the top in a gray box like wandl did two post up
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

how do you respond to a comment so it shows at the top in a gray box like wandl did two post up

Use the "quote" button underneath the post.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jms54jms54 Member Posts: 1
    I have just started pricing but want a CRV EX=L without navigation. I am in the Charlotte region. I am not getting much in the way of discounts. Anyone have a good idea as to what I should pay? thanks
  • wandlwandl Member Posts: 40
    jms54 said:

I have just started pricing but want a CRV EX=L without navigation. I am in the Charlotte region. I am not getting much in the way of discounts. Anyone have a good idea as to what I should pay? thanks

Assuming you're looking for FWD, I've heard of deals as low as $26,xxx but the $27k range before TTL should be a good deal. Or wait it out a month - currently there are only dealer discounts and no factory incentives.
  • pri1011pri1011 Member Posts: 7
    jms54 said:

i got mine in May from Crown honda greesnboro. see my previous post in this discussion..
    wandl said:

jms54 said:

Assuming you're looking for FWD, I've heard of deals as low as $26,xxx but the $27k range before TTL should be a good deal. Or wait it out a month - currently there are only dealer discounts and no factory incentives.
    Given the popularity of the CR-V, I doubt that you'll see any sort of Honda incentives in the near future.

And, 2017 inventory is likely to be getting thin, so if you have a particular color / trim combination, now may be the time to act.

Not sure when the 2018's will arrive, but I'm guessing soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• stve539stve539 Member Posts: 2
    This blog is great help. recently we bought Honda CRV 2017 EX - AWD. OTD - 27790. In northern VA..
    Did research for a month, very tough to deal with Honda guys. very less room for negotiation.
    Dealer told not to refer any friends, he cant give at this price. Not sure how far its true.
    But from my search this is best price. I feel close to this or lesser will be great deal
  • babongbabong Member Posts: 4
    stve539 said:

This blog is great help. recently we bought Honda CRV 2017 EX - AWD. OTD - 27790. In northern VA..
    Did research for a month, very tough to deal with Honda guys. very less room for negotiation.
    Dealer told not to refer any friends, he cant give at this price. Not sure how far its true.
    But from my search this is best price. I feel close to this or lesser will be great deal

What is the price before tax and fees?
  • stve539stve539 Member Posts: 2
    Honda CR-V ex Awd
    Price : ~26200
    Fees. : ~700
    Tax. :~1100
    Acc. : ~200
    -----------------
    Total : 28300
    Graduate discount -500
  • AnneAnne Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    I joined just to make the following contribution: This forum really helped me a lot when I was looking for any info on whether the price I was offered by the dealer for 2017 Honda CRV EX was acceptable or not. It turns out it wasn't! I am in Princeton, NJ (a very expensive area :( ) and with a sales tax of about $1900 as well as all other document fees etc., OTD was about $31,100 ($600 is for some car security sticker the dealer puts on all the cars and there was no way for me to get out of it). When I read your comments here, I figured I am being ripped off.

The second helpful thing I read here was some people mentioning the Costco Auto buying program. I am a Costco member but had never heard about it. I immediately went to Costco's website and filled out an interest form. Someone called me in about half an hour from a dealer about 35 minutes from my house that it is the dealer that Costco works with in my area. They gave me OTD price of $29,400 (including document fee, taxes, registration, etc). That doesn't include the $600 my dealer forces you to pay up for the security sticker and wheel bolt improvements, I went back to my dealer, showed them the quote from Costco and they matched it immediately (minus the $600 which I still had to pay for the security sticker and wheel bolt). So, just getting a quote from Costco saved me about $1,100 (could have saved me another $600 if I had decided to go with the Costco dealer). I decided to pay $600 extra and go local b/c the dealer gives LIFETIME free oil changes and car washes. Then, the day I went in to pay for the car (cash), they told me about Honda finance program that is Labor Day special - you finance for 4 months and then you get free maintenance for the first 3 years of the car (including the 30K mile tune up, oil filters, etc.). the finance guy deducted about $200 from the sales price which would have been the interest I would end up having to pay during those 4 months so I don't lose any money. All in all, my OTD for the Honda CRV EX is: $29,800 (it would be $29,200 without the non-optional security sticker and wheel bolt nonsense), base price being $26,306 and NJ taxes alone about $1,900.
    Moral of the story: The Costco program sounded like a dream, the guy that called from the dealer was very straightforward and said this is the fixed Costco price, no bargaining, no hassle. I would have gone with them except for the free lifetime oil changes and washes at the local dealer. Call Costco and buy from them or at least use their quote to negotiate locally.
    Thank you everyone for your input on this forum. I wanted to return the favor. Sorry for the long saga. And so far, I really like the car :)
    Anne said:

Hi everyone,
    I joined just to make the following contribution: This forum really helped me a lot when I was looking for any info on whether the price I was offered by the dealer for 2017 Honda CRV EX was acceptable or not. It turns out it wasn't! I am in Princeton, NJ (a very expensive area :( ) and with a sales tax of about $1900 as well as all other document fees etc., OTD was about $31,100 ($600 is for some car security sticker the dealer puts on all the cars and there was no way for me to get out of it). When I read your comments here, I figured I am being ripped off.

The second helpful thing I read here was some people mentioning the Costco Auto buying program. I am a Costco member but had never heard about it. I immediately went to Costco's website and filled out an interest form. Someone called me in about half an hour from a dealer about 35 minutes from my house that it is the dealer that Costco works with in my area. They gave me OTD price of $29,400 (including document fee, taxes, registration, etc). That doesn't include the $600 my dealer forces you to pay up for the security sticker and wheel bolt improvements, I went back to my dealer, showed them the quote from Costco and they matched it immediately (minus the $600 which I still had to pay for the security sticker and wheel bolt). So, just getting a quote from Costco saved me about $1,100 (could have saved me another $600 if I had decided to go with the Costco dealer). I decided to pay $600 extra and go local b/c the dealer gives LIFETIME free oil changes and car washes. Then, the day I went in to pay for the car (cash), they told me about Honda finance program that is Labor Day special - you finance for 4 months and then you get free maintenance for the first 3 years of the car (including the 30K mile tune up, oil filters, etc.). the finance guy deducted about $200 from the sales price which would have been the interest I would end up having to pay during those 4 months so I don't lose any money. All in all, my OTD for the Honda CRV EX is: $29,800 (it would be $29,200 without the non-optional security sticker and wheel bolt nonsense), base price being $26,306 and NJ taxes alone about $1,900.
    Moral of the story: The Costco program sounded like a dream, the guy that called from the dealer was very straightforward and said this is the fixed Costco price, no bargaining, no hassle. I would have gone with them except for the free lifetime oil changes and washes at the local dealer. Call Costco and buy from them or at least use their quote to negotiate locally.
    Thank you everyone for your input on this forum. I wanted to return the favor. Sorry for the long saga. And so far, I really like the car :)

Good to know that a little research paid off.

Congrats, and enjoy your new CR-V.

(btw, love the Princeton area -- have visited for business on a few occasions over the years)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jason_atx_11jason_atx_11 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2017
    I tried to email 4 Honda dealership around Austin and only got three respond
    the first one was 27735 + tax and fees , so the total would be 29888.38 and the second one was 26952 + tax and fees, so the total would be 29500. Another one just ignored my email. The last one said we all sold out Ex models in a sentence. No other offer whatsoever. There is almost no discount of anything from any dealers, or just the dealers not really work with anyone by email. I guess you must show up in the showroom, or they do not negotiate with you??
    I really envy some people got a 27000 OTD . Is CRV EX that popular?

I tried to email 4 Honda dealership around Austin and only got three respond
    the first one was 27735 + tax and fees , so the total would be 29888.38 and the second one was 26952 + tax and fees, so the total would be 29500. Another one just ignored my email. The last one said we all sold out Ex models in a sentence. No other offer whatsoever. There is almost no discount of anything from any dealers, or just the dealers not really work with anyone by email. I guess you must show up in the showroom, or they do not negotiate with you??
    I really envy some people got a 27000 OTD . Is CRV EX that popular?

Jason, yes, the CR-V EX is very popular. The dealer told me when he shows me a car in the morning, he can't promise that it will be there when I come back in the afternoon. And that actually happened to me. I ended up having to put down a deposit ($500) to hold one to my name from the next shipment that they were supposed to receive in a week to make sure I got one in the color of my choice. Good luck - I am sure something will work out for you.
    Michaell said:

Anne said:

Hi everyone,

Good to know that a little research paid off.

Congrats, and enjoy your new CR-V.

(btw, love the Princeton area -- have visited for business on a few occasions over the years)
    Thank you, Michaell :)
  • slapmaxwell1slapmaxwell1 Member Posts: 4
    wandl said:

bobiaptx said:

Just bought Honda CR-V Touring FWD - OTD $32 K (No Trade-In). It might have been possible to get it for $31.5 K if I tried hard enough. DFW area McDavid Honda in Irving TX.

Congrats - another poster had scored @ David McDavid in Irving a FWD Touring for $31.5k OTD but good deal on a great car!
    that is an awesome price! im in the new jersey area and was quoted $35394 otd
  • slapmaxwell1slapmaxwell1 Member Posts: 4
    ok just got my offer from the dealership....
    honda crv touring AWD 2017 blk/blk
    $32,500, doc fee $329.00. taxable amount $32,829, sales tax $2,256.99, motor vehicle fee $7.50, registration fee $301.00.- $35,394.45 OTD

note: new jersey sales tax 6.875%

-------
    i bought this car with someone else, my credit score is 745, my partners score is 445. i was offered a loan from bank of america at 3.14% apr for $27,000 by myself, but when i added my co-applicant our application was denied. we wound up getting financed through capital One with an apr of 4.94% for 36 months with $11,500 down. i wish the price would have been a little less but all in all i felt we got a good deal!

***interesting enough when we tried to get financing through the dealer they came back and offered us a capital one loan for $27,000 at 12.99% apr for 72 months??? moral of the story do your Research!!!
  • seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
    What price should I aim for a CRV touring FWD?  I am in Charlotte area. 
    CRV Touring's have gone as low as $29,xxx to about $31k before TTL (based on MSRP of $33.5k). 2018's coming out soon and Frankfurt auto show will also announce the 2018 CR-V Hybrid.
  • varusunvarusun Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2017
    Purchased 2017 CRV EX in SoCal two weeks back. MSRP $27,735 purchase price $24,500+Taxes+Registration. No accessories, no doc fees.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    Hi, is it FWD or AWD? Could you share total OTD, and Up north Cal is 9% of sale tax. What's the rate at south Cal? thanks
    varusun said:

Purchased 2017 CRV EX in SoCal two weeks back. MSRP $27,735 purchase price $24,500+Taxes+Registration. No accessories, no doc fees.

• seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
    wandl said:

CRV Touring's have gone as low as $29,xxx to about $31k before TTL (based on MSRP of $33.5k). 2018's coming out soon and Frankfurt auto show will also announce the 2018 CR-V Hybrid.

thanks for the info... approx when will dealers stop taking orders for 2017 CRV so that they can sell off their in stock inventory ?
    seanj1 said:

wandl said:

thanks for the info... approx when will dealers stop taking orders for 2017 CRV so that they can sell off their in stock inventory ?
    I'm sure that's happened, already

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• varusunvarusun Member Posts: 11
    It is FWD..the tax rate is 8%..OTD 26,793.
  • muuppalmuuppal Member Posts: 34
    Hi, could u plz tell me MF and RV for 2017 CRV LX & EX for 36/12 lease and lease cash in New Jersey thanks.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    Thank you for the info, that is the good price you'v got.
    varusun said:

• eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 142
    Hi Michaell,

Can you provide the credit score ranges for each credit rating Tier ?

Can you provide MF for each credit rating tier?

Thank you
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    Do u all think whether hurricane Harvey or now Irna would have depleted the inventories of Honda cars so much that we may not see 2017 Honda cars going down much? Keeping my fingers crossed in NY for the best price on CRV EX AWD.
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    For those who now have EX, how comfortable are the seats? Some reviewers have commented them to be stiff and uncomfortable particularly on long drives.
    jb137 said:

Do u all think whether hurricane Harvey or now Irna would have depleted the inventories of Honda cars so much that we may not see 2017 Honda cars going down much? Keeping my fingers crossed in NY for the best price on CRV EX AWD.

I'm not sure I can make the connection between the inventory problems in Houston and Florida and transaction prices in NY.

Doubt that the NY / NJ / CT dealers will be sending their inventory south.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sharonmovessharonmoves Member Posts: 6
    We lost both of our cars in Hurricane Harvey and are now looking to replace with a 2017 EX FWD. The dealers here have already started gouging customers, because they can with 500,000 cars lost.

So, I'm looking at other nearby states. Do y'all think it's going to be impossible for me to find this car for $25,000? Looking back through previous posts it seems as if the best price anyone has found is $24,500.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I don't want to fall into the trap that so many people down here have by paying too much.
  • dsba5dsba5 Member Posts: 1
    varusun said:
    Can you name the dealer?  I'm looking to buy one this weekend. Thanks!

We lost both of our cars in Hurricane Harvey and are now looking to replace with a 2017 EX FWD. The dealers here have already started gouging customers, because they can with 500,000 cars lost.

So, I'm looking at other nearby states. Do y'all think it's going to be impossible for me to find this car for $25,000? Looking back through previous posts it seems as if the best price anyone has found is $24,500.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I don't want to fall into the trap that so many people down here have by paying too much.

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope everything turned out ok!
    I'm in Dallas and I've heard dealers in South TX are sticking to MSRP given the short supply of inventory - here in Dallas you can find EX FWD models for under $25k (David McDavid Irving + Freeman Honda) - personally for me it is worth the 4 hour drive to save $500 or more.
  • crismat09crismat09 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, looking for MF and RV for 2017 CRV EX for 36/12 lease and lease cash in Milwaukee, WI.

Thanks
    crismat09 said:

Hi, looking for MF and RV for 2017 CRV EX for 36/12 lease and lease cash in Milwaukee, WI.

Thanks

There is a dedicated lease thread for the CR-V:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44005/honda/cr-v/2017-honda-cr-v-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sharonmovessharonmoves Member Posts: 6
    wandl said:

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope everything turned out ok!
    I'm in Dallas and I've heard dealers in South TX are sticking to MSRP given the short supply of inventory - here in Dallas you can find EX FWD models for under $25k (David McDavid Irving + Freeman Honda) - personally for me it is worth the 4 hour drive to save $500 or more.
    Thanks so much for that information. I've been getting very discouraged but will reach out to all the dealers in the Dallas area this afternoon. I did look in Tulsa (I have family there) and they were also only doing MSRP.

Wish me luck.
  • katana312katana312 Member Posts: 8
    This forum has been very helpful in assessing the market and pricing. Finally purchased our 2017 crv ex awd a couple weeks back. Great car so far. Here are the details : 

Price: 26,050
    Taxes: 8% (NY)
    Dealer fees: 150
    Total otd: 28,600, including other minor fees
    Color: molten lava

Hassle free process and great experience with the dealership. Negotiated otd price and discussed details over the phone before making the trip. Entire process at the dealership took less than 2.5 hours. Currently with Honda financing at 2.44% for 60 months, but looking to refinance with a credit union at 1.99%.

Best, 
    Katana312 

• nathan1234nathan1234 Member Posts: 31
    katana312 said:
    This forum has been very helpful in assessing the market and pricing. Finally purchased our 2017 crv ex awd a couple weeks back. Great car so far. Here are the details : 

Price: 26,050
    Taxes: 8% (NY)
    Dealer fees: 150
    Total otd: 28,600, including other minor fees
    Color: molten lava

Hassle free process and great experience with the dealership. Negotiated otd price and discussed details over the phone before making the trip. Entire process at the dealership took less than 2.5 hours. Currently with Honda financing at 2.44% for 60 months, but looking to refinance with a credit union at 1.99%.

Best, 
    Katana312 

Sounds like a good deal. We are also looking at buying an EX AWD within the next couple months. Located in Northwest Ohio. I can't find any Credit Unions in the area that offer lower than 2.8%. Does Honda financing usually offer 2.44%? We also want 60 months and that's the best rate we have seen so far. What kind of credit score do you have? Thanks
    Michaell said:

raylarry said:

We decided to go with the RAV4 instead of the CRV. They are really offering some incredible deals at this point. And while we liked the CRV a bit better, it wasn't enough to make up a $3,000+ price difference. We've also had many Toyota's over the years (3 currently in the garage) and have had a great overall experience with them. I expect the RAV4 to be no different. Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

What is RAV4 deal you got? Please post it here.
    Actually, I'd suggest it be posted in the RAV4 discussion, here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43206/toyota/rav4/2017-toyota-rav4-prices-paid#latest
    No, since this is a comparison it would of been nice to have RAV cost posted here from a very educated purchaser. Now I have to go read 100's of post in the RAV forum
  • psimaticpsimatic Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I wanted to share my CRV 2017 OTD since I was getting valuable input from all of you.

Dealership in Southern California

CRV 2017, White, Ivory interior, odometer miles: 25
    Touring AWD

$36,300 OTD final

$10000 down
    $26k loan

-No extras
    -$375 Added fees from dealer (lame)
    -Internet price was $32,800
    Dealer wouldn't adjust price cause the CRV was a rare type in my area and sells out very quick. Double checked same car type a few times after to confirm they weren't bluffing. Also kept up asking quotes and e-price afterwards to check for consistency. Looks like this is about right for my area.

Overall very very happy with car, and not so happy I didn't get a better offer, nor any added perks with buy. No special treatment. Felt I bought the car at retail / "going rate".
  • srayam23srayam23 Member Posts: 1
    dsba5 said:

varusun said:

Hi, I am also looking for the dealer details. everyone is quoting around 27k now. Any info on your purchase will be helpful. Thanks
    srayam23 said:
    varusun said:
    Hi, I am also looking for the dealer details. everyone is quoting around 27k now. Any info on your purchase will be helpful. Thanks
    From what I've seen your best deals will come at the end of the month when dealers are willing to make great deals to meet their monthly goals and make extra money on all other vehicles sold. Sometimes they are desperate and will even take a loss
    edited September 2017
    posh8688 said:

artman79 said:

I just bought mine last week it's a 2017 CR-V EX-L AWD with wheel lock and 3 other items, and the price is $29,750 in Seattle area, but we have a 10.1% sales tax here, I don't think it's a horrible deal but definitely can be cheaper in some other areas though not probably by much, the dealership is a bit shady by offering a car that already comes with the accessories that I could not take away, I was so tired of driving around so I just agree to it.

Wow!That's a great deal. 29,750$ out the door for an EX-L?
    In Chicago,my quote is 28,670$ for a FWD and EX.

Could you tell us the dealer?
    Does the 29,750 include the sales tax? i.e. out the door. (read the previous quote it doesn't really say it was included)
    Anyone have any idea of the price difference between the EX AWD and EX-L AWD?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186

You can use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds price tools

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Delta MSRP = 2,500, you will pay about 2,250 more

edited September 2017
    Thanks O’Brien, I appreciate it.  For that much extra the upgrades just aren’t worth it to us. We are trying to get the EX AWD At the end of the year… Hopefully they still have the trim and color we want then.
    edited September 2017

Thanks O’Brien, I appreciate it.  For that much extra the upgrades just aren’t worth it to us. We are trying to get the EX AWD At the end of the year… Hopefully they still have the trim and color we want then.

Basically you get leather, power seats and upgraded radio.

I keep cars for a very long time (12+ years) so i like leather since it holds up better. Also I don't like the cloth arm rest and cloth on center console lid.

Basically you get leather, power seats and upgraded radio.

I keep cars for a very long time (12+ years) so i like leather since it holds up better. Also I don't like the cloth arm rest and cloth on center console lid.

My .02 - there may not be any '17's left when December rolls around.

I just did a quick search on cars.com - I see just over 3300 CR-V EX AWD's for sale in the entire country.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Basically you get leather, power seats and upgraded radio. I keep cars for a very long time (12+ years) so i like leather since it holds up better. Also I don't like the cloth arm rest and cloth on center console lid.
    My .02 - there may not be any '17's left when December rolls around. I just did a quick search on cars.com - I see just over 3300 CR-V EX AWD's for sale in the entire country.
    Thanks for the info. How accurate is that search?