Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Audi S5 Sportback Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    mzbails said:

What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell

I'm just using the prices you've provided. Only the dealer can tell you what numbers they are using to get their payment quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dealernodealdealernodeal Member Posts: 22
    Just a strong strong recommendation on money down for this lease. I would recommend structuring the lease as such, assuming you want to lower your payments using the "money down/upfront" approach.

1) DO NOT PUT MONEY DOWN ON CAR. Leases are optimum for benefiting you on the risk you total or severely destroy the vehicle. That is cash you'll never see back.

2) INSTEAD: Pay down security deposits to reduce Money Factor. For every monthly payment, they take off a certain amount of points. Last I saw, it was like 0.0004 per payment. This is completely refundable upon completion of lease and if you turn in early or total your vehicle you receive this cash back.

The question is, does time value money affect your upfront cost vs. your interest accrued?
    mzbails said:

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows

mzbails said:

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

• mzbailsmzbails Member Posts: 30
    So how do i know if they're marking up the mf? It's says .00175 on the calculated screen shot they sent me on their computer. I had asked for some clarification, and the residual and mf are shown to be correct, but how do I know that's actually being applied? And please keep me.posred on new mf and residual please. Thanks! @Michaell
    mzbails said:

So how do i know if they're marking up the mf? It's says .00175 on the calculated screen shot they sent me on their computer. I had asked for some clarification, and the residual and mf are shown to be correct, but how do I know that's actually being applied? And please keep me.posred on new mf and residual please. Thanks! @Michaell

.00175 and 64% for 36/10 on S5 SB P+ for September, too.

If the MF isn't marked up, then the adjusted cap cost the dealer is using is different from what you've provided us.

The math doesn't lie.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• chongerchonger Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    Hello,

I was considering swapping my Audi S3 lease for a Premium Plus S5 Sportback for 36/10. I stopped by a dealer near the Los Angeles area to see what they could offer and here's what they offered.

The dealer will take on remaining 7 Payments on S3 Lease (totaling $4,512)

New Lease details:
    Term: 36/10
    S5 SB Premium Plus MSRP: $64,625.00
    Drive off: $4K
    Monthly: $740 + Tax (payment also includes Audi Care)

The residual and MF they claim to have used: 65% & .00175

Now, I do want to get out of my S3 lease and I thought considering they are taking on remaining 7 payments, I think this deal isn't bad. What do you think sir?

Thanks

chonger said:

Hello,

I was considering swapping my Audi S3 lease for a Premium Plus S5 Sportback for 36/10. I stopped by a dealer near the Los Angeles area to see what they could offer and here's what they offered.

New Lease details:

Now, I do want to get out of my S3 lease and I thought considering they are taking on remaining 7 payments, I think this deal isn't bad. What do you think sir?

Thanks

What does the $4K drive off include? That seems to negate the dealer "taking on" the remaining S3 lease payments.

There are no defined pull ahead programs, so I'd be concerned that the $4512 is being rolled into the new lease.

.00175 and 64% - 65% with AudiCare

Most importantly - what is the selling price of the S5?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chongerchonger Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

chonger said:

Hello,

New Lease details:

Thanks

What does the $4K drive off include? That seems to negate the dealer "taking on" the remaining S3 lease payments.

There are no defined pull ahead programs, so I'd be concerned that the $4512 is being rolled into the new lease.

Hello Michaell,

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me see if I can get those specifics from them. Is there no way you can work backward to figure if deal is ok considering lease swap? I am certain they may have rolled a small portion of it in my lease, but I am ok with it as long as it was slight. but definitely not that full amount.

Thanks

chonger said:

Michaell said:

chonger said:

Hello,

New Lease details:

Thanks

Hello Michaell,

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me see if I can get those specifics from them. Is there no way you can work backward to figure if deal is ok considering lease swap? I am certain they may have rolled a small portion of it in my lease, but I am ok with it as long as it was slight. but definitely not that full amount.

Thanks

Without all the numbers, I can only guess. And, I'd rather not guess ....

If they don't want to be transparent with the numbers, that should tell you something ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi @Michaell I'm still working with the particular dealer that I sent the quote from in prior messages..im trying to have them sit down with me and work out the lease payment by hand, to seer all the numbers and fees being calculated. Think that's normal? I just don't want to reuat what the computer says or computes for my payment. Thoughts? And also, is the destination fee ($975), typically added to the msrp, before the residual is calculated? It is being calculated that way in my quote.. thanks! 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell I'm still working with the particular dealer that I sent the quote from in prior messages..im trying to have them sit down with me and work out the lease payment by hand, to seer all the numbers and fees being calculated. Think that's normal? I just don't want to reuat what the computer says or computes for my payment. Thoughts? And also, is the destination fee ($975), typically added to the msrp, before the residual is calculated? It is being calculated that way in my quote.. thanks! 

The residual amount is a percentage of the full MSRP, including factory options and destination.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jetcityquattrojetcityquattro Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2017
    Hello-
    Need to know if this is a good quote for a P+ 10k miles 36 months

$63,575msrp
    $975 dest
    $64,550
    $62,797 sale price
    $895 acquisition
    $63,692 gross cap cost
    $63,142 net cap cost
    $41,434 residual (64%)
    MF .0023
    $2,615 upfront ($904 license, $150 doc, $959 first payment incl tax, $600 cap reduction inc tax)
    $865 payment or $959 incl 10.8% sales tax

I am thinking I would go back with MF at .00175 which would bring payment to $787.86+tax.

Thoughts??

Hello-

$63,575msrp
    $975 dest
    $64,550
    $62,797 sale price
    $895 acquisition
    $63,692 gross cap cost
    $63,142 net cap cost
    $41,434 residual (64%)
    MF .0023
    $2,615 upfront ($904 license, $150 doc, $959 first payment incl tax, $600 cap reduction inc tax)

I am thinking I would go back with MF at .00175 which would bring payment to $787.86+tax.

Thoughts??

I'm only a couple dollars off the dealer quote. Base MF will shave about $60-65/mo off that payment.

I don't see how the base MF brings the pre-tax payment to your number - I'm at $805/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited September 2017
    Michaell said:

Hello-

$63,575msrp
    $975 dest
    $64,550
    $62,797 sale price
    $895 acquisition
    $63,692 gross cap cost
    $63,142 net cap cost
    $41,434 residual (64%)
    MF .0023

Thoughts??

I'm only a couple dollars off the dealer quote. Base MF will shave about $60-65/mo off that payment.

I don't see how the base MF brings the pre-tax payment to your number - I'm at $805/mo
    Hmm - not sure. Are you using the $63,142 for cap cost? I get $805 when using the $63,692 If I use $63,142 with .00175, I get $787.86.
    Are you able to tell me if I should expect to get a base money factor, assuming good credit? Dealer is telling me they always mark up the MF...but I have never paid a premium on prior deals.

Are you able to tell me if I should expect to get a base money factor, assuming good credit? Dealer is telling me they always mark up the MF...but I have never paid a premium on prior deals.

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.

Then, start shopping other dealers ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Hello-

$63,575msrp
    $975 dest
    $64,550
    $62,797 sale price
    $895 acquisition
    $63,692 gross cap cost
    $63,142 net cap cost
    $41,434 residual (64%)
    MF .0023

Thoughts??

Hmm - not sure. Are you using the $63,142 for cap cost? I get $805 when using the $63,692 If I use $63,142 with .00175, I get $787.86.
    That would account for it .... :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rnny121rnny121 Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2017
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige Package.
    New Jersey Area
    36/10
    Need MF and RV.
    Thanks!
    edited September 2017
    rnny121 said:

2018 S5 Sportback Prestige Package.
    New Jersey Area
    36/10
    Need MF and RV.
    Thanks!

.00175 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mimiamimimiami Member Posts: 1
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige Package
    Miami Area
    42/7.5k
    Need MF and RV.
    Thanks
    mimiami said:

2018 S5 Sportback Prestige Package
    Miami Area
    42/7.5k
    Need MF and RV.
    Thanks

.00195 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• espee12espee12 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2017
    Hi Friends. Glad I came across this forum.
    I'm new to the Lease world but have done basic reading here before asking you experts questions.

I'm looking into a 2018 s5 Sportback Prestige with S Sport Package here in Florida (36 month, 12k).

I was wondering if the Residual and MF varies within the state or consistent across the whole state ? If it varies, could someone provide me the info for Orlando, Jax and Miami ?

Thanks very much
    -Tony
    espee12 said:

Hi Friends. Glad I came across this forum.
    I'm new to the Lease world but have done basic reading here before asking you experts questions.

I'm looking into a 2018 s5 Sportback Prestige with S Sport Package here in Florida (36 month, 12k).

I was wondering if the Residual and MF varies within the state or consistent across the whole state ? If it varies, could someone provide me the info for Orlando, Jax and Miami ?

Thanks very much
    -Tony

.00175 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nolefan00nolefan00 Member Posts: 53
    Looking for RV/MF on a S5 Sportback Prestige with S Sport package (36/15K) in Miami? Any incentives?

TIA!
    Thanks for getting back to me Kyfdx !
    What are your thoughts on 42 month leases vs 36 month leases ?

One particular dealer got back to me on a S5 sportback Prestige with S sport, Driver Assistance Packages for 765/month, 42 month/12k with 3000 down.

MSRP is listed at 68,900 (he previously suggested the RV to be 61 %, MF 0.003) but I knew this was an inflated MF. Your thoughts on the above would be appreciated. I intend to still try to get to ZERO down. Thanks very much.

On the above deal: 42month/12k. Residual 57%, MF 0.00221
    $68900 MSRP selling for 60295.

nolefan00 said:

Looking for RV/MF on a S5 Sportback Prestige with S Sport package (36/15K) in Miami? Any incentives?

TIA!

.00175 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

espee12 said:

Thanks for getting back to me Kyfdx !
    What are your thoughts on 42 month leases vs 36 month leases ?

One particular dealer got back to me on a S5 sportback Prestige with S sport, Driver Assistance Packages for 765/month, 42 month/12k with 3000 down.

MSRP is listed at 68,900 (he previously suggested the RV to be 61 %, MF 0.003) but I knew this was an inflated MF. Your thoughts on the above would be appreciated. I intend to still try to get to ZERO down. Thanks very much.

espee12 said:

On the above deal: 42month/12k. Residual 57%, MF 0.00221
    $68900 MSRP selling for 60295.

.00195 and 57% for 42/12

With those prices, $695/mo plus tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you Michael. I declined. Thank you for your input.
    Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I've gotten the deal.i want for the s5 sport back. After all the calculations, my payment were coming up a bit off still, about 40 per month off. I met with the sales manager and figured out it's not the MF that's being marked up..its the tax. All the online lease calcukators5, and even when I calculated them by hand using your guide on Edmunds, the tax is eqauted after the pretax and rent charge are combined..as a "use tax". The dealer is charging the tax on the whole msrp in their calculations. It's a big difference,  but does in fact end up coming to the correct number for the payment they quoted. My question is..is that how it is typically calculated. I live in VA. He did say that in D.C., it is calculated differently. I need to know if how they are calculating tax is correct. Please advise. Thanks!
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I've gotten the deal.i want for the s5 sport back. After all the calculations, my payment were coming up a bit off still, about 40 per month off. I met with the sales manager and figured out it's not the MF that's being marked up..its the tax. All the online lease calcukators5, and even when I calculated them by hand using your guide on Edmunds, the tax is eqauted after the pretax and rent charge are combined..as a "use tax". The dealer is charging the tax on the whole msrp in their calculations. It's a big difference,  but does in fact end up coming to the correct number for the payment they quoted. My question is..is that how it is typically calculated. I live in VA. He did say that in D.C., it is calculated differently. I need to know if how they are calculating tax is correct. Please advise. Thanks!

Yes, VA taxes the entire selling price. Most on-line lease calculators do not account for those states that tax leases this way.

DC, I believe, taxes the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• calh22acalh22a Member Posts: 17
    Can you provide me MF/Residual for S5 Sportback P+ and Prestige for 36/15k in California. Thank you! Also would it be better to look for a deal around Audi's Winter sale event?
  • ChaseBellowsChaseBellows Member Posts: 76
    @mzbails Woohoo! Congratulations!! Thanks for the update. Thats' awesome. And yes, the taxes will be different.
    calh22a said:

Can you provide me MF/Residual for S5 Sportback P+ and Prestige for 36/15k in California. Thank you! Also would it be better to look for a deal around Audi's Winter sale event?

.00175 MF and 61%/59% residual for P+/Prestige

No guesses on where deals are headed in the future.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andrewm6andrewm6 Member Posts: 1
    Whats the mf and residual on the 2018 A5 Sportback Quattro Premium Plus in FL 36/12000?
    edited September 2017
    andrewm6 said:

Whats the mf and residual on the 2018 A5 Sportback Quattro Premium Plus in FL 36/12000?

A5, not S5?

.00188 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• calh22acalh22a Member Posts: 17
    I keep getting these high MF quotes when I speak with dealers. Is it even possible to get baseline MF like those listed here? How do I go about asking the dealer to kindly offer me non-inflated MF? Also many don't seem to want to budge on the MSRP, stating the car is really "hot" and "popular". Any suggestions on negotiating a good lease for the S5 sportback? Thanks again for all the info!
    calh22a said:

I keep getting these high MF quotes when I speak with dealers. Is it even possible to get baseline MF like those listed here? How do I go about asking the dealer to kindly offer me non-inflated MF? Also many don't seem to want to budge on the MSRP, stating the car is really "hot" and "popular". Any suggestions on negotiating a good lease for the S5 sportback? Thanks again for all the info!

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal with a marked up MF.

Then, engage with multiple dealers.

Not sure how to counter the "popular" argument. The dealers aren't wrong.

Best bet is to wait for all the early adopters to get their cars, then try to make a deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• guptanatorguptanator Member Posts: 5
    Hello - I'm in the Philly area and in July I ordered a S5 SB Prestige with Sport package, driver assist, nappa leather, dynamic steering, and cold weather. MSRP for this is $67,800 and dealer gave 5% discount.

Car has now arrived and dealer is offering 2.99% for finance for top credit and the following for lease:
    36m/10k: MF .00195 and 64% residual (assuming $5k down)
    36m/12l: MF .00195 and 63% residual (assuming $5k down)

The MF seems very high (comes to 4.7% interest rate). Also, would MF change if down payment is higher/lower?

Any advice on whether I'm getting a good deal?

Hello - I'm in the Philly area and in July I ordered a S5 SB Prestige with Sport package, driver assist, nappa leather, dynamic steering, and cold weather. MSRP for this is $67,800 and dealer gave 5% discount.

Car has now arrived and dealer is offering 2.99% for finance for top credit and the following for lease:
    36m/10k: MF .00195 and 64% residual (assuming $5k down)
    36m/12l: MF .00195 and 63% residual (assuming $5k down)

The MF seems very high (comes to 4.7% interest rate). Also, would MF change if down payment is higher/lower?

Any advice on whether I'm getting a good deal?

Base MF on the S5 SB this month is .00175, so the MF is bumped up, slightly.

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal unless you get the base rate. They know what it is.

And, we don't suggest any money up front beyond the first payment and registration costs. It doesn't impact the MF, either way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for your help!

Also, is there a $895 credit acquisition fee? Does that apply to both finance and lease?

Finally, does Pennsylvania charge tax on the entire ca price? This seems to affect the lease calculations shown on Edmunds.

Thanks for your help!

Also, is there a $895 credit acquisition fee? Does that apply to both finance and lease?

Finally, does Pennsylvania charge tax on the entire ca price? This seems to affect the lease calculations shown on Edmunds.

The acquisition fee is only charged for a lease.

PA taxes the monthly payment, but there is a 3% surcharge for leases - effective tax rate is either 9% or 10%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you

Why is it recommended not to do any down payment with lease?
  • dealernodealdealernodeal Member Posts: 22
    If something happens to your car which considers it totaled or it gets stolen, you can walk away from the lease. If you have sunk the money down into the vehicle then you cannot recover it. Pay down the MF using deposits if you want to tie up money into the lease and drops payments. However, you can get the cash deposits refunded if either situation above plays out.

If something happens to your car which considers it totaled or it gets stolen, you can walk away from the lease. If you have sunk the money down into the vehicle then you cannot recover it. Pay down the MF using deposits if you want to tie up money into the lease and drops payments. However, you can get the cash deposits refunded if either situation above plays out.

Exactly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you
    Also dealer is stating the following for residual...any feedback?

36m/10k: 64% residual
    36m/12l: 63% residual

Also dealer is stating the following for residual...any feedback?

36m/10k: 64% residual
    36m/12l: 63% residual

For an S5 Sportback Premium Plus, those residuals are correct.
    Dealers aren't permitted to alter the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• poopspoops Member Posts: 223
    Good Morning... Any lease changes for the Prestige Sportback for the month of October?
    poops said:

Good Morning... Any lease changes for the Prestige Sportback for the month of October?

.00180 MF and 58% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• audis4s5audis4s5 Member Posts: 10
    S5 Sportback - need residuals for S.C. on the following:
    36/10
    36/7.5

Also, dealer is quoting .00180 MF (did it go up in Oct?) Wasn’t it .00175?

Finally, when I leased my last S4, I was able to prepay Maint/Service and the residual
    went up making it almost a no brainer. Is that stilll an option?

I told them the only money I was willing to put down was the tax,tag, and title but assume they include the first month’s payment in the 1757 number and maybe an acquisition fee as our sales tax in SC is capped. This is supposed to be for a 7500/yr lease but I calculated a payment of $684.60 on a $10k lease based on this deal. Wanted your thoughts before I challenge their numbers.