Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Asking Price for a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid XLE?

ncage1974ncage1974 Member Posts: 15
edited October 2017 in Toyota
Hi guys, first of all, sorry if this is a duplicate post. I posted this in the Rav4 price paid thread but i noticed the last post before mine was in 2016 and I thought I should post a new thread because I need a fast answer (wanting to do this deal tomorrow). Anyways here goes:

Hi, guys. I'm looking to maybe pick up a 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE with a moonroof. I currently drive a 2011 Prius 2 (base model) with 48,000 miles on it (in immaculate condition). According to the dealer's site:
Price: $32,508
Dealer Discount: -$4,519
Sale Price: $27,989

I'm thinking about asking them to deduct $2,000 from the sale price and to give me $10,000 for my trade in. Am I asking for enough off or am I asking too much? I will be taking advantage of the 0% financing for 72 months.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited October 2017
    For your trade-in value, post the particulars of your Prius, including your city and car color, in this topic:

Real World Trade-In Values

For the new car price, sit tight and we'll get someone over here to help you.

If you want a head start and are pressed for time, try using our True Market Value calculator. Be sure that you include all the details of the particular car you are buying.

• Options

For your trade-in value, post the particulars of your Prius, including your city and car color, in this topic:

Real World Trade-In Values

For the new car price, sit tight and we'll get someone over here to help you.

Thanks for the reply. Located in Springfield, IL. The color is Red. Like i said its a base model prius 2. The only extra options that came with it was all-weather floor mats which i know is nothing.
  • Options
    OK, post that in the link I gave you to the Real World Trade-in Values topic. We have some folks over there from the community who are right on the money when it comes to what a dealer is likely to offer.
  • Options

OK, post that in the link I gave you to the Real World Trade-in Values topic. We have some folks over there from the community who are right on the money when it comes to what a dealer is likely to offer.

Ok thanks i'll do that. How about price I'm wanting to ask for the dealership to lower the price of the rav4? Should i ask for less/more off or is it about right what i'm asking it for?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Find out what invoice is and figure that the dealer is working $2K--$3K profit off of that. So you asking for $2K off invoice might be too tight for them. No harm in askin'. If you can't get up and walk out, you can't negotiate effectively. The dealer might end up being generous with your trade but hanging tough on the selling price to make up for it.

And don't forget to look at the TMV price on Edmunds. It's not going to be the lowest possible price but it will be a fair price to pay.
  • Options
    dreday10cdreday10c Member Posts: 11
    Looking to buy Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited AWD, 2018, 28,271 miles. What is a good to great deal price in Westchester county NY, 10706? Dealership is in CT about 45 miles away. Thank you!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    dreday10c said:

Looking to buy Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited AWD, 2018, 28,271 miles. What is a good to great deal price in Westchester county NY, 10706? Dealership is in CT about 45 miles away. Thank you!

You should repost into this thread:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values#latest

And one of our volunteer in house experts will help out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

This discussion has been closed.