Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

.Car Buying Advice - 2017 F-250 price negotiation question

rewyancrewyanc Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Ford
Went to my local dealer looking for a truck, he did not have the exact model I was looking for, but found one that fit exactly what I needed about 60 miles away. He pulled their invoice price for the truck and says this is what I have to pay for the truck to get it here so I cannot sell it for less than what I have to buy it for. I assume this is false and there is obviously room to come down. looking for confirmation on this. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    rewyanc said:

Went to my local dealer looking for a truck, he did not have the exact model I was looking for, but found one that fit exactly what I needed about 60 miles away. He pulled their invoice price for the truck and says this is what I have to pay for the truck to get it here so I cannot sell it for less than what I have to buy it for. I assume this is false and there is obviously room to come down. looking for confirmation on this. thanks.

How does the price compare with vehicles he has in stock?
    Seems doubtful that his cost is any different, other than the cost to transport or send someone after the truck.
    But, he can also ask whatever he wants and stick to it, whether what he says is accurate, or not. (and, I don't know for sure)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator