Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Acura MDX Deals and Prices

2000kshm2000kshm Member Posts: 8
edited September 2017 in Acura
Just go a 2017 MDX FWD OTD for 42329 in Southern California.

Hope this is a good price!

Comments

• txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    Is this for Base model?
  • vgpvgpvgpvgpvgpvgp Member Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy 2017 MDX FWD, Base model without any accessories , color flexible. What is the best out of door price I can expect in / around Houston, TX.
    Should I wait for 2018 model. Experts inputs are appreciated.
  • txgirl77txgirl77 Member Posts: 10
    I would say you should aim for 42K OTD...anything under 43K is a very good deal. I just got my MDX AWD with tech package for 48,500 OTD. I live in Houston TX as well.
    txgirl77 said:

I would say you should aim for 42K OTD...anything under 43K is a very good deal. I just got my MDX AWD with tech package for 48,500 OTD. I live in Houston TX as well.

Thank you. My friend, who lives in Woodlands also got MDX AWD with tech package for around 48k OTD.
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    vgpvgpvgp said:

I am planning to buy 2017 MDX FWD, Base model without any accessories , color flexible. What is the best out of door price I can expect in / around Houston, TX.

By OTD do you mean sales price +sales tax+registration+doc fees, etc? For shoping purposes, it's easier to just compare the sales price: that is, ignore the pre-tax, pre-dmv, pre-doc fees added on (these will be same anywhere unless you go out of state) and I don't know what it is in Houston so I will say that $39, 000 is an easy price to be found on a MDX Base, and I bet by the end of the month you can get one for $38 if you don't car about the color or driving an hour to pick it up....

Do not wait for the 2018-the only difference is audio software (apple +android carplay).

There's still a ton of 2017 MDX on the lots but they are certainly going, especially the Base. Search every dealer within 100 miles and get their best sales price online. (specify a pre-tax, pre DMV, etc price, tied a car on their lot.).
    I got several offers for an MDX Base in California for $39K (MSRP $45K). There's $2k in hidden rebate in the quotes so when they quote you a $43,000 price and say they are 'discounting' $5k off sticker it's misleading,(theyll be collecting your $43k and Acura's $2k so, $45k total- it's really only $3,000 discount). Find the dealer in your region with the most 2017s on the lot (some will have dozens, some just a couple) and that will be your best offer. I would also recommend leasing the MDX-go to the Edmunds MDX lease forum for that info.
    Good hunting.
  • shynee123shynee123 Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer for $39,450 on a base model with MSRP $44,050. 10% off of MSRP. I could probably negotiate down to around $38k seems reasonable. Agree ?

Initially started looking for a highlander. Don't see a price difference ($38,500 OTD on a XLE). Now I am in two minds what to buy.

Thanks in Advance
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Shynee,

Is that the best price you received from just one dealer? If so, do not buy until you get multiple bids. Just send an email other Acura dealers in your area and ask if they can beat $39,000 (pre-tax & DMv fees) on the same car. It's best to visit their webpages, click thru it until you find a similarly equipped car ( '17 MDX Base with same MSRP), then click on get a E-Price. When they send a quote reply with your question about beating your local dealer's price. You will save hundreds if not thousands by seeking multiple prices.
    Good luck.

vgpvgpvgp said:

By OTD do you mean sales price +sales tax+registration+doc fees, etc? For shoping purposes, it's easier to just compare the sales price: that is, ignore the pre-tax, pre-dmv, pre-doc fees added on (these will be same anywhere unless you go out of state) and I don't know what it is in Houston so I will say that $39, 000 is an easy price to be found on a MDX Base, and I bet by the end of the month you can get one for $38 if you don't car about the color or driving an hour to pick it up....

Do not wait for the 2018-the only difference is audio software (apple +android carplay).

There's still a ton of 2017 MDX on the lots but they are certainly going, especially the Base. Search every dealer within 100 miles and get their best sales price online. (specify a pre-tax, pre DMV, etc price, tied a car on their lot.).
    I got several offers for an MDX Base in California for $39K (MSRP $45K). There's $2k in hidden rebate in the quotes so when they quote you a $43,000 price and say they are 'discounting' $5k off sticker it's misleading,(theyll be collecting your $43k and Acura's $2k so, $45k total- it's really only $3,000 discount). Find the dealer in your region with the most 2017s on the lot (some will have dozens, some just a couple) and that will be your best offer. I would also recommend leasing the MDX-go to the Edmunds MDX lease forum for that info.
    Good hunting.
    Straightdope,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs and advice. I am getting more competitive quotes (around $1000 to $1500 lesser for identical model) from Dallas than Houston (it seems several Houston people whose vehicles are totalled during Harvey are buying vehicles in Houston).
  • shynee123shynee123 Member Posts: 4
    Did send it to multiple dealers. All of them offering around $39k. Not seeing huge variation. This kinda driving me towards highlander XLE. Getting 0% APR for 60 months, $38k OTD for the highlander. Whereas with MDX, I have to pay around 2.9% APR on a base model. I need to do more research

Thanks for taking time and responding. Appreciated.

Shynee,

Is that the best price you received from just one dealer? If so, do not buy until you get multiple bids. Just send an email other Acura dealers in your area and ask if they can beat $39,000 (pre-tax & DMv fees) on the same car. It's best to visit their webpages, click thru it until you find a similarly equipped car ( '17 MDX Base with same MSRP), then click on get a E-Price. When they send a quote reply with your question about beating your local dealer's price. You will save hundreds if not thousands by seeking multiple prices.
    Good luck.

• merseyredsmerseyreds Member Posts: 12
    Any thoughts on what you think a good deal would be at this point on a 2017 SH-AWD Tech package at this point (January 2018)? I've found a few around me and just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal. Feel free to answer either in absolute dollars or dollars below invoice. So far the best price I've been given over the phone after calling a few dealerships is $45,000 (MSRP is about $50,500).

Thanks for any thoughts.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

Any thoughts on what you think a good deal would be at this point on a 2017 SH-AWD Tech package at this point (January 2018)? I've found a few around me and just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal. Feel free to answer either in absolute dollars or dollars below invoice. So far the best price I've been given over the phone after calling a few dealerships is $45,000 (MSRP is about $50,500).

Thanks for any thoughts.

We don’t track pricing – use the “make / model / year” tabs at the top of the page to link to the Edmunds price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4