Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Excess wear plan a good deal?

gina2bitgina2bit Member Posts: 78
edited June 2017 in GMC
I just leased a 2017 Acadia SLT-1 AWDDual Skyscape, Trail package Audio 8" with Nav Blk Cherry Metallic
I got a good lease price I think for $440/ for 39 months.
A Mistake I may have made is I also purchased the extra XS Wear for about $1K which then brought my payments to $470.
Does anyone have any thoughts if the XS wear is needed. I can bring the Acadia back with bad tires and any extra dings up to $5K in extra damage and the $500 deposition fee is waved.
I guess I really won't know until 3 yrs from now.
Just wondering if anyone knows more about this?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    gina2bit said:

I just leased a 2017 Acadia SLT-1 AWDDual Skyscape, Trail package Audio 8" with Nav Blk Cherry Metallic
    I got a good lease price I think for $440/ for 39 months.
    A Mistake I may have made is I also purchased the extra XS Wear for about $1K which then brought my payments to $470.
    Does anyone have any thoughts if the XS wear is needed. I can bring the Acadia back with bad tires and any extra dings up to $5K in extra damage and the $500 deposition fee is waved.
    I guess I really won't know until 3 yrs from now.
    Just wondering if anyone knows more about this?

If you take good care of your cars, the wear and tear warranty is unnecessary.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    ocladydriverocladydriver Member Posts: 3
    I bought the extended warranty and a travel package because I drive so much, but my Acadia SLT-1 is already out of warranty. While the dealer put on some new tires, when buying a used car, the service records are not available so it gave me an added peace of mind to buy the warranties.
  • Options
    indychevyguyindychevyguy Member Posts: 4
    BUY IT!!! 1000%. In the old days I would say no but they are using third party companies to inspect these upon turning in and they are STRICT.