Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Michaell said:

Anyone have any idea of the price difference between the EX AWD and EX-L AWD?
    Delta MSRP = 2,500, you will pay about 2,250 more

Thanks O’Brien, I appreciate it.  For that much extra the upgrades just aren’t worth it to us. We are trying to get the EX AWD At the end of the year… Hopefully they still have the trim and color we want then.
    Basically you get leather, power seats and upgraded radio.

I keep cars for a very long time (12+ years) so i like leather since it holds up better. Also I don't like the cloth arm rest and cloth on center console lid.
    My .02 - there may not be any '17's left when December rolls around.

I just did a quick search on cars.com - I see just over 3300 CR-V EX AWD's for sale in the entire country.

Thanks for the info. How accurate is that search?

You'd have to ask Cars.com. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• budsdadbudsdad Member Posts: 54
    Car JoJo only shows 4,169 EX AWD and 9,564 LX AWD. I'm sure it depends on how they update but that is surprising little inventory either way. Explains why the dealers are pushing LX around here.
    budsdad said:

Car JoJo only shows 4,169 EX AWD and 9,564 LX AWD. I'm sure it depends on how they update but that is surprising little inventory either way. Explains why the dealers are pushing LX around here.

I'd take it with a grain of salt. CR-V is Honda's best selling model. I bet they will crank them out, until the 2018 is available (which is typically later in the year than the Accord)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147
    kyfdx said:

budsdad said:

I'd take it with a grain of salt. CR-V is Honda's best selling model. I bet they will crank them out, until the 2018 is available (which is typically later in the year than the Accord)
    I agree. Honda is selling ~31K CR-V's per month. With that inventory level, it's about only a 13 day supply.
  • hondacrvazhondacrvaz Member Posts: 1
    How is this price? About to buy tomorrow in Phoenix AZ:

2017 AWD CRV LX  - White, no add-ons

$22900
    1820.55 tax. 7.95%
    499 doc fees
    425.79 plates one year
    22.75 postage

Out the door

Did I do good?

• obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    Yep you did good. My math shows MSRP = 26,285 with Destination so 22,900 is 13% off. I have asked 6 dealerships for 12% off and been turned down by all of them. Did you get it?
  • wandlwandl Member Posts: 40

Yep you did good. My math shows MSRP = 26,285 with Destination so 22,900 is 13% off. I have asked 6 dealerships for 12% off and been turned down by all of them. Did you get it?

David McDavid Honda in Irving, TX is offering a $4k option this weekend off a CRV (in this case, CRV Touring AWD MSRP $34,xxx which represents ~12% off MSRP)
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    I think the prices has firmed up recently. I wanted to buy EX-AWD yesterday [the last day of the month] and in Buffalo & Rochester, NY, the best quote was of 27,135 which is only 6.5% below MSRP. The sales person were redirecting to Truecar and saying that they are selling at invoice prices. I deferred the decision now to halloween day.
    edited October 2017
    Pulled the trigger today not the best deal but it was for a FWD in the right color and van broke the other day. FWD is hard to find in the Ohio Area and that is what we wanted.

2017 CRV EXL FWD $27,496 includes destination (9% off MSRP).
    Doc Fee $250
    Tag $33.50
    Sales Tax $1872.86
    No Trade in
    No dealer Add Ons
    No fianancing paid with a personal check.

The deal was about $350 below Invoice less holdback so there must be dealer cash from Honda since giving up holdback is sacred.

I believe the dealership had a deal that the end of the month sales goal was extended to Oct 2 because they said they could hold the price until Oct 2. Could be just another one of their games.

My goal was 12% off (good job wandl and others) so I guess the dealership wins.

P.S. If you are looking for a Buick/GMC check out Laura Buick in Collinsville, IL. They can have discounts in the 30% range.

• colohonda3colohonda3 Member Posts: 5
    There is a supply problem with the 2017 CRV, demand is much higher than supply which means the dealers are going to hold their prices much closer to msrp than normal. My local Honda dealership has barely had 1 EX in stock at any time in the last 4 months and shows between 5-10 in transit at any time. They are all sold within days of their arrival if they weren't already purchased before they arrive. The 2017 CRV is a GREAT vehicle so be prepared to have a tough time getting a decent price on what you are after depending on the model.

There is a supply problem with the 2017 CRV, demand is much higher than supply which means the dealers are going to hold their prices much closer to msrp than normal. My local Honda dealership has barely had 1 EX in stock at any time in the last 4 months and shows between 5-10 in transit at any time. They are all sold within days of their arrival if they weren't already purchased before they arrive. The 2017 CRV is a GREAT vehicle so be prepared to have a tough time getting a decent price on what you are after depending on the model.

I do not think it might be true for some particular dealer. I have been monitoring the scene since last 6 months on the local 4 dealers in Buffalo, NY. The inventory is not moving as you have mentioned. In fact all 4 have been having huge inventory of Lx. All of 10-15 EX at any given moment of time. The only model which each has limited inventory is "Touring" but that I attribute to its high price. Those who can afford "Touring", can spend slightly more and upgrade to luxury SUVs. I am also thinking Trucar is controlled by dealers only.

• lookingforacrvlookingforacrv Member Posts: 5
    I am currently looking for a Honda CRV 2017 EX 2WD. The best price that I have so far received is $25844. The OTD price after including Doc fee, tax, tags and accessories (Splash Guards, Wheel Locks) comes at around $27595.

Do you guys think this is a good price? All I can think that may be ready to do is to include the accessory without the extra cost (that will save me couple of hundred bucks).
    The only added advantage in going with this deal is that the dealer is the closest to where I am
  • wandlwandl Member Posts: 40

I am currently looking for a Honda CRV 2017 EX 2WD. The best price that I have so far received is $25844. The OTD price after including Doc fee, tax, tags and accessories (Splash Guards, Wheel Locks) comes at around $27595.

Do you guys think this is a good price? All I can think that may be ready to do is to include the accessory without the extra cost (that will save me couple of hundred bucks).
    The only added advantage in going with this deal is that the dealer is the closest to where I am

Depends where you are at, the best price I've seen for a EX FWD is $26,200 OTD (including taxes) but can't remember what state and what taxes you're responsible for. While I think you can do better, it boils down to getting the color choice/options you're looking for. Personally, I'd very much consider waiting for the 2018's at this point (no change compared to the 2017 CRV) because at least there will be more available colors/configuration options.
    wandl said:

Depends where you are at, the best price I've seen for a EX FWD is $26,200 OTD (including taxes) but can't remember what state and what taxes you're responsible for. While I think you can do better, it boils down to getting the color choice/options you're looking for. Personally, I'd very much consider waiting for the 2018's at this point (no change compared to the 2017 CRV) because at least there will be more available colors/configuration options.
    Though it looks best to wait for the 2018 model now, however, it also depends the status of your current car. in case current car can go belly-up anytime shortly, you will have less negotiating power.
  • allycyatallycyat Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2017
    Just negotiated a 2017 Honda CRV FWD down to 28,500 out the door pricing in Clearmount Florida . Is this a great deal, good deal , or sleep on it shop around ?
    allycyat said:

Just negotiated a 2017 Honda CRV FWD down to 28,500 out the door pricing in Clearmount Florida . Is this a great deal, good deal , or sleep on it shop around ?

Actually quoting OTD price is misleading as it hides the true price on which negotiation happened due to differences in taxes, doc fee etc. The appropriate method is to see how much the actual price differed from the MSRP. If you got 12% or so discount from the MSRP, it is a good price.
    jb137 said:

allycyat said:

Actually quoting OTD price is misleading as it hides the true price on which negotiation happened due to differences in taxes, doc fee etc. The appropriate method is to see how much the actual price differed from the MSRP. If you got 12% or so discount from the MSRP, it is a good price.
    I dont understand this fully....asking as I am also negotiating on OTD currently. The best I got now is $26500 with dealer accessories (tire locks, cargo tray, and splash guard). I thought its more transparent to negotiate with OTD coz thats what matter to you at the end of the day. (I mean I think other fees will be constant, right?)
    wandl said:

is the price range/negotiating power going to be the same on the 2018 model? I know its like I am buying an year old car now...but is it worth the price then?

jb137 said:

allycyat said:

I dont understand this fully....asking as I am also negotiating on OTD currently. The best I got now is $26500 with dealer accessories (tire locks, cargo tray, and splash guard). I thought its more transparent to negotiate with OTD coz thats what matter to you at the end of the day. (I mean I think other fees will be constant, right?)
    There is no issue in negotiating an OTD price. The point was: It doesn't help others in this discussion, as they may be from a state with different tax and registration costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

jb137 said:

allycyat said:

OTD price includes base price of the car, cost of forced dealer accessories, additional accessories which you might have added, doc fee [i have seen 0 to almost 1K], government fees which are variable from state to state but non-negotiationable and any trade-in discount which you might have. Thus OTD price may not be enough for somebody in this forum to comment whether it was good deal or not as you wanted to know. it is precisely because of this reason I do not trust Truecar prices as we have no control over what a dealer is reporting to it. Do not get me wrong, OTD is very important for a purchaser. it, however, camouflages the actual price and hence impairs somebody else ability to judge how good was the deal.
  • bluehonda7bluehonda7 Member Posts: 1
    I've been researching the heck out of buying a car, I've always driven hand me downs and think it's time to update from my current 04' Civic VP, which needs a passenger wheel barring, is leaking oil, and the blower stopped working, so not heat or AC...Also, with in the last year I've replaced the driver side wheel barring and hub, as well as the starter.

Now that my history is out of the way. I am looking to buy the 2017 CR-V EX AWD, I've been emailing and shopping around for the best deal, since I've never bought a new car before, I've been working from advice from friends and family.

Last weekend we went to a dealer that offered the best price via email: $25,075 (not including des. fee)

'17 CR-V EX AWD
    Here was the pricing they gave us:
    $26,541 (including des. fee)
    $189 Etch (in final negotiation I will NOT be paying for this scam fee)
    $499 Doc Fee
    $1,835 Tax (I live in NJ, tax is about 7%)
    $7.50 tire fee
    $400 DMV
    OTD $28,945.26

Ideally, I am shopping around to get $25,551 (including des. fee) this is about 12% off the MSRP, is this feasible? Or is that a pipe dream? Could I go even lower?

When are the best deals going to happen for the 2017s, or is it pretty much now...

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

I've been researching the heck out of buying a car, I've always driven hand me downs and think it's time to update from my current 04' Civic VP, which needs a passenger wheel barring, is leaking oil, and the blower stopped working, so not heat or AC...Also, with in the last year I've replaced the driver side wheel barring and hub, as well as the starter.

Now that my history is out of the way. I am looking to buy the 2017 CR-V EX AWD, I've been emailing and shopping around for the best deal, since I've never bought a new car before, I've been working from advice from friends and family.

Last weekend we went to a dealer that offered the best price via email: $25,075 (not including des. fee)

'17 CR-V EX AWD
    $499 Doc Fee
    $7.50 tire fee
    $400 DMV
    OTD $28,945.26

Ideally, I am shopping around to get $25,551 (including des. fee) this is about 12% off the MSRP, is this feasible? Or is that a pipe dream? Could I go even lower?

When are the best deals going to happen for the 2017s, or is it pretty much now...

While I can't help you with pricing, I will say that the inventory of 2017 CR-Vs is shrinking every day, so if you see a unit in your preferred trim and color, I'd jump on it.

At some point, the available stock will get to a point where the negotiating advantage tips back in favor of the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

At least one of the Buffalo, NY, Honda dealer has received 2018 CRV today. The prices of it are likely to be set today. 8% discount over MSRP offered for 2017 EX. 2017 LX 36 month lease is available for 259$/month with 999$ on signing + tax etc.
    Michaell said:

At some point, the available stock will get to a point where the negotiating advantage tips back in favor of the dealer.

This is not correct. Every car which is sitting in his system is depreciating and is occupying space which could be used for a new car. Imagine a car sitting in the dealer's lot for 5 years. Who will pay him the same price? What happens is that choice of color for an individual reduces and that reduces buyer ability to balance between saving and compromising on a color. Since majority of the buyers finance the car atleast for 3 months, the difference between the new model and the old model is often less than 10$/month. So dealers are forced to give progressively larger discounts to get rid of old models. Moreover, discounts go higher for premium models i.e. Touring will get maximum discounts. I do not know how Honda is going to sell 2017 LX models which are lying in plenty. If they had Safety options installed, they would have gone long back.

read 36 months in my earlier post [not 3 months].
  • vkoppuvkoppu Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2017
    Brought home my new CR-V last night. Here are the details of my deal. I negotiated for an out the door price of $28,800.

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
    Dark Olive with Black interior
    Dealer: Huggins Honda, North Richland Hills, TX 76180
    Sale Price : $26,550 + $220 Accessories + $370 Doc fee + $1660 Tax
    Final out the door price is $28,800
    Financing: My own financing from Bank Of America 2.29 APR for 48 months.

Looks like I got around 12% off of MSRP or around $3K off MSRP. I felt that I should have negotiated another $500 off that price easily. They kind of accepted my offer without much hassle. I visited one more dealer before them and best they could do is $29,500 OTD with their financing.
    vkoppu said:

Brought home my new CR-V last night. Here are the details of my deal. I negotiated for an out the door price of $28,800.

2017 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
    Dark Olive with Black interior
    Dealer: Huggins Honda, North Richland Hills, TX 76180
    Sale Price : $26,550 + $220 Accessories + $370 Doc fee + $1660 Tax
    Final out the door price is $28,800
    Financing: My own financing from Bank Of America 2.29 APR for 48 months.

Looks like I got around 12% off of MSRP or around $3K off MSRP. I felt that I should have negotiated another $500 off that price easily. They kind of accepted my offer without much hassle. I visited one more dealer before them and best they could do is $29,500 OTD with their financing.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

'17 CR-V EX AWD
    $499 Doc Fee
    $7.50 tire fee
    $400 DMV
    OTD $28,945.26

Well your EX AWD has a "published dealer cost less hold back" of $26,753 incl dest fee and a MSRP of $29,035 incl dest fee

With a $499 Doc fee which is just profit, I think you can get for 26,000 which is 10.5% off (.895 multiplier). Zero for Etch.

Is the $400 DMV fee legit or another profit center?

I followed a lot of post before my purchase 12% appears to be possible on higher trims but not the norm. I see the norm around 10% +/-. For the record i settled for 9.1% off with 250 doc on my EXL FWD but it was the exact car i wanted (FWD are hard to find in my area).

Aim high and you come out better! So go for 12%

'17 CR-V EX AWD
    $499 Doc Fee
    $7.50 tire fee
    $400 DMV
    OTD $28,945.26

Well your EX AWD has a "published dealer cost less hold back" of $26,753 incl dest fee and a MSRP of $29,035 incl dest fee

With a $499 Doc fee which is just profit, I think you can get for 26,000 which is 10.5% off (.895 multiplier). Zero for Etch.

Is the $400 DMV fee legit or another profit center?

I followed a lot of post before my purchase 12% appears to be possible on higher trims but not the norm. I see the norm around 10% +/-. For the record i settled for 9.1% off with 250 doc on my EXL FWD but it was the exact car i wanted (FWD are hard to find in my area).

Aim high and you come out better! So go for 12%

If you are in a bigger metro area with multiple dealers in 50 miles range anything is possible. I bought my EXL FWD last night for 12% off MSRP just by visiting 3 dealers in person and offering expected price. 3rd one accepted with not much haggle and that made me unhappy that I could have gone for another 2% lower. :disappointed: But please monitor and make sure your car of choice is there in the inventory of multiple dealers before waiting for right deal. There is no point in buying a car that you didn't like even if they give for 2% less.
    How did I do?
    Honda CRV-EX 2WD

Total purchase price: 25029 (incl dealer accessories: trunk tray, tire locks, splash guard)
    user fee: 768
    registration fee: 104
    processing fee: 598
    Total OTD: 26500

How did I do?
    Honda CRV-EX 2WD

Total purchase price: 25029 (incl dealer accessories: trunk tray, tire locks, splash guard)
    user fee: 768
    registration fee: 104
    processing fee: 598
    Total OTD: 26500

B-
    edited November 2017

B-
    Thanks for your analysis
    I got around 10% off MSRP. What do you think would have made this a better deal.
    The lowest quote I got was 26100 ( but the dealership was 4 hours away from I am),

Great Price of 25029 but fees are too high almost 1300. What is a user fee?
  • sk032013sk032013 Member Posts: 31
    Hello All,

Most recent quote i got for 2017 HONDA CR-V EX-L AWD in Sacramento is $31600 ($28740+Tax), Do you think i will get better deal waiting till year end. Any projection on when 2018 CRV will be in market.?

Please let me know.
  • yiyiyongfuyiyiyongfu Member Posts: 1
    How is my price? I got a quote for EX 2WD whose price is 24425. The processing fee is 300 and dest fee is 875(I think it's a little high). Tax in Virginia is 4.15. And I also need to add some for the tags. So the OTD is around 27000. I got quote from 3 dealers and both price are in this range. I would like to know which part can be less.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are you thinking of buying for a new a car as a gift for a spouse, child or someone else this holiday season? Or are you considering buying a new vehicle before the end of the year because you think now is the best time to get a great deal? If either of these apply to you, a reporter would love to chat with you. Please send a note to PR@edmunds.com if you'd be willing to speak to a reporter on these topics by Friday, November 10, 2017. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tmax123tmax123 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Hi,
    This forum has been very helpful. I wanted to see the price I received is considered good price?
    Based in upstate NY.
    EX AWD
    $26700 MSRP

• jocollijocolli Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    Nope. Re read the last couple pages of this forum. People are getting 10-12% off.  That is a $2700-$3000 discount off the retail price -which far exceeds your $500.    If not available in your area, buy a one way  plane or train ticket  and enjoy the trip home in your new crv.  tmax123 said:
    Hi, This forum has been very helpful. I wanted to see the price I received is considered good price? Based in NY. EX AWD $26700 MSRP $1668 tax (6.25%) -$500 rebate OTD $28200

• cward0625cward0625 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone confirm if the 10-12% off price you should be targeting is with or without destination fees? So for a 2017 AWD EX, when people are saying they are getting say $25,500, is that including destination fee or is that added to that number?

Thanks
    with destination fees.
    cward0625 said:

Can someone confirm if the 10-12% off price you should be targeting is with or without destination fees? So for a 2017 AWD EX, when people are saying they are getting say $25,500, is that including destination fee or is that added to that number?

Thanks

It is off both, but it is only a $94 difference using a 10% discount

So a 10% discount on a 2017 EX AWD is (28095+940) *.9 =$26131

Doing it this way you get 10% off 28095 and then 10% off the $940 or a additional $94.

If someone post a good deal on an EXL AWD then to get an equivalent deal on an EX subtract 2,250 since an EXL is MSRP 2500 more than an EX but you need to apply the same 10% discount to the 2500 (2500*.9=2250)

for example
    Someone posted on another forum they got an EXL for 28000 (this was a 11% discount) + 250 doc fee +TTL. So an equivalent price should be 2250 less or $25,750 + $250 + TTL.

A 10% discount on an EX should be easy to get and a 12% a lot harder, 12% seems to happen more on the touring models.

Maybe a better answer

if you would negotiating a 10% reduction in lieu of a price and you did not clarify that the reduction was on MSRP included the destination then dealerships would set up the 10% reduction prior to destination and then add the full value of destination gaining $94.

• bushmillsfanbushmillsfan Member Posts: 4
    katana312 said:

This forum has been very helpful in assessing the market and pricing. Finally purchased our 2017 crv ex awd a couple weeks back. Great car so far. Here are the details : 

Price: 26,050
    Taxes: 8% (NY)
    Dealer fees: 150
    Total otd: 28,600, including other minor fees
    Color: molten lava

Hassle free process and great experience with the dealership. Negotiated otd price and discussed details over the phone before making the trip. Entire process at the dealership took less than 2.5 hours. Currently with Honda financing at 2.44% for 60 months, but looking to refinance with a credit union at 1.99%.

Best, 
    Katana312 

Hi, which dealership in NY did you buy it from?
  • katana312katana312 Member Posts: 8
    This forum has been very helpful in assessing the market and pricing. Finally purchased our 2017 crv ex awd a couple weeks back. Great car so far. Here are the details : 

Price: 26,050
    Taxes: 8% (NY)
    Dealer fees: 150
    Total otd: 28,600, including other minor fees
    Color: molten lava

Hassle free process and great experience with the dealership. Negotiated otd price and discussed details over the phone before making the trip. Entire process at the dealership took less than 2.5 hours. Currently with Honda financing at 2.44% for 60 months, but looking to refinance with a credit union at 1.99%.

Best, 
    Katana312 

Hi, which dealership in NY did you buy it from?
    I didn't buy it in NY. I bought it in Vermont. Carbone honda of Bennington. Mike Rosso is the name of the salesman. Pretty decent guy. 
  • rpping1rpping1 Member Posts: 4
    I've been dealing online with several dealers on a 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L. I'm fairly certain I should be able to get at least another $1000, if not more, off of this pricing by pushing back on the Honda Protection Package which comes in at $1799 for pinstripes, nitrogen, floor mats, etc (nothing too protective there). 

This is in the Tampa, FL area. Please let me know your thoughts. Suggestions on what I should be targeting would be appreciated. Thanks!

rpping1 said:

I've been dealing online with several dealers on a 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L. I'm fairly certain I should be able to get at least another $1000, if not more, off of this pricing by pushing back on the Honda Protection Package which comes in at $1799 for pinstripes, nitrogen, floor mats, etc (nothing too protective there). 

This is in the Tampa, FL area. Please let me know your thoughts. Suggestions on what I should be targeting would be appreciated. Thanks!

Half the discount is clawed back between the Pro Pack and doc fee.

Welcome to Florida!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• rpping1rpping1 Member Posts: 4
    So, therein lies the question, can/should I expect to be able to get them down more?
    rpping1 said:

So, therein lies the question, can/should I expect to be able to get them down more?

If you don't ask, you don't get.

The more dealers you involve, the better your chances are of getting a good price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sciencefreeksciencefreek Member Posts: 1
    I've never bought a car before can someone please help me out. 
    I got an offer from a dealer for an AWD 2018 CR-V EX $28,204.  Does that sound about right or am I going to be paying too much?
    Any tips on this would be helpful. Thanks!
  • tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    @rpping1 tell what ever dealer or dealers you are dealing with you don't want the pro pack no add ons! and stay firme on that! good luck!