Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dashboard lights after getting new tires

rgmwilliamsrgmwilliams Member Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in Subaru
Took my 2011 Subaru Outback (119k miles) to have tires replaced and front left headlight worked on. (LSS, front left headlight burned out, Subie dealer replaced it, but it wasn't aimed correctly)

Start the car up and notice that the "Brake" light was blinking, "Cruise Control" light blinking and Traction control light on.

Tire shop said all they did was reset the TPMS through OBD. The shop told me to drive it 10 or so miles. (I've been told this before - when I had other vehicles - the Check Engine light was on and driving so many miles would turn it off. I've always followed these instructions, but the CE light never has turned off.

I have not driven the OB 10 miles yet. I do not believe this will solve the problem based on my past experience.

Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks ...

Comments

• cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    drive the 10 miles then see
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Took my 2011 Subaru Outback (119k miles) to have tires replaced and front left headlight worked on. (LSS, front left headlight burned out, Subie dealer replaced it, but it wasn't aimed correctly)

Start the car up and notice that the "Brake" light was blinking, "Cruise Control" light blinking and Traction control light on.

Tire shop said all they did was reset the TPMS through OBD. The shop told me to drive it 10 or so miles. (I've been told this before - when I had other vehicles - the Check Engine light was on and driving so many miles would turn it off. I've always followed these instructions, but the CE light never has turned off.

I have not driven the OB 10 miles yet. I do not believe this will solve the problem based on my past experience.

Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks ...

You'll have to have the trouble codes read--this series of lights could be anything, and maybe not even related to your tire change. It could be as simple as a loose gas cap.
  • rgmwilliamsrgmwilliams Member Posts: 2
    Thank you ... Sorry not to reply sooner .... drive it for about 60 miles yesterday (30 miles in the morning and 30 miles in the evening). Lights stayed on. It won't hurt to check the gas cap, so I will do that in a minute. (I would hate to miss some simple troubleshooting.)