Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    $2.35 for RUG both here in CO as well,as in Cincinnati.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Some weakness, down 6 cents to $2.69 here
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I'm sometimes surprised by the spread difference buying gas at Costco in different areas compared to the local brand name stations. In some places it can be discounted 25 cents or more, while in others it may only be 10-12 cents. I'm guessing sales or other percentage based local fuel fees plays into that.
    Two weeks ago it was 30 cents lower here at Sam's Club. Sure felt like the "hurricane effect" wore off faster there
    Popped back up to $2.75 here in Happy Valley
    RUG is running about $2.40/gal here in CO.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,706
    Dropped near me, $2.00 at Quick Trip. Odd that the QT a mile away is $2.09.
    We have a harder "floor" on gas prices here in the land of taxes

Yikes. $0.20/gallon state tax in TX.
    PF_Flyer said:

We have a harder "floor" on gas prices here in the land of taxes

Care to share the link to the entire file?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

texases said:

Yikes. $0.20/gallon state tax in TX.

Amatuers :)

We have 10 cents that's still on from 1994 when we had a particularly snowy winter. They added a "temporary" tax to pay for the extra snow plowing costs. They must use a version of English with which I am unfamiliar to define that as temporary
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Our local RUG is $3.36 and diesel is $3.27. Moonbeam intends to add 20 cents a gallon in 2018. So thankful I am moving. I filled two days ago in Pahrump Nevada for $2.72 for diesel. Just filled here for the return trip with another fully loaded GMC Canyon. Got 28.84 MPG on the return leg with lots of stop and go on Interstates 215/15. Will be happy when we are done moving.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    Prices in Vienna a couple days ago:

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    I guess that's in Euros/litre?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yep that's right.

3.8l/gallon, 1 EUR = 1.18 Euro (tanking again I see) . so roughly $4.84/gallon for diesel, $5.24/gallon for super. I might cringe when I drive the Jag.
    We bumped up to $2.85 for RUG last Thursday. I'm almost kind of possibly certain it had nothing at all to do with it being Homecoming weekend with a lot of traffic expected to come into town.
    $2.49 for RUG and $2.63 for midgrade at Kroger yesterday. Holding kind of steady, but since I only fill the tank every 2 or 3 weeks, I'm not as sensitive to price changes as I was when I was filling up about every 5-6 days.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

San Diego diesel went from $2.93 to $3.59 in the two weeks we were at our place in Nevada. Pahrump still at $2.62 for diesel and RUG down to $2.29 today. Nothing but crooks running the state of CA. And some of the crappiest roads on the planet. Not going to miss it at all.
    Down to $2.79... right after the last home football game, but absolutely NO connection at all :)
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    $2.75 ULSD in Las Vegas, NV.
    edited December 2017
    ULSD
    $ 3.19 Folsom, CA
    $ 2.79 Carson City, NV

Oil @ $58.48
    1% loss, won't impact gas prices. I notice in my area, diesel, which was pacing RUG not long ago, is now near PUG.

Given the current state of affairs, I don't see significant dips in gas prices on the horizon.
    edited December 2017
    X
    edited December 2017
    Indeed it has/does cause impacts!
    http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=25018

Just +/- one CENT in fuel prices is app $ 1.4 B ! So “one’s insignificant +/- 1% oil prices “ can be “bullwhipped” to/ be more like $4.5 B .

So for example, a $700 (/$3.09 gal. * 36 mpg) savings (as projected in the link) would let me go approximately 8,155 miles, just on the savings or vice versa. For (one car) us, that’s approximately one half year of commuting.

The per gal $ price of motor fuel has been kept artificially high by virtue of the fact that 95 to 98% of the passenger vehicle fleet are rug/pug (12-15% pug). This is by no means an apology for the 9.3 cents on every $ Exxon Mobil makes per year.

CA, as of November 1, 2017 levied a $.12 rug/pug per gal tax INCREASE. There might be some naïveté, if one thinks this (demo) tax increase is not being watched across the country & probably NOT for a $.12 decrease.
    edited December 2017
    That old satanic gas? ! https://youtu.be/4YMttEhtgpk
    This guy is seriously funny ?
    ruking1 said:
    Indeed it has/does cause impacts! http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=25018 Just +/- one CENT in fuel prices is app $ 1.4 B ! So “one’s insignificant +/- 1% oil prices “ can be “bullwhipped” to/ be more like $4.5 B . So for example, a $700 (/$3.09 gal. * 36 mpg) savings (as projected in the link) would let me go approximately 8,155 miles, just on the savings or vice versa. For (one car) us, that’s approximately one half year of commuting. The per gal $ price of motor fuel has been kept artificially high by virtue of the fact that 95 to 98% of the passenger vehicle fleet are rug/pug (12-15% pug). This is by no means an apology for the 9.3 cents on every $ Exxon Mobil makes per year. CA, as of November 1, 2017 levied a $.12 rug/pug per gal tax INCREASE. There might be some naïveté, if one thinks this (demo) tax increase is not being watched across the country & probably NOT for a $.12 decrease.
    9.3 %?  They wish. Last quarter is up to 5.5% from 2.9% a year ago. 
    edited December 2017
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/xom/financials

My mistake, profits (pretax) were app 4 cents in 2016. The first references used were unclear.
    edited December 2017
    That speculated 1-3BN (generous) to the economy is for an entire year of a one cent drop. That billion or three is indeed insignificant in terms of overall consumer spending, a few dollars per family. How have average gas prices fared over the past calendar year, anyway?

And this is assuming gas price track oil prices. As we all know, the changes can be delayed or nonexistent.

Fintail will need some PUG this weekend, I think we're around $3.27 here, but 15 cent weekend cash discount is nice, and just beats the credit card reward.
    edited December 2017
    I’ll pocket the “insignificance“, thank you very much ! Savings for 15,000 miles/36 mpg ULSD is easy to figure = 417 gal. (vs 21/22 mpg pug (like model) 682 gal)

In this area, most stations do not do/nor advertise cash discounts. Indeed, why do 5%(16.4 cents) C/C gas cash back, when a 4.6% (15 cents) cash upfront discount will do?
    Good point, any money saved is not a bad thing ;)

I only get 4% on my CC, so if the cash savings is more, done deal. I also almost always refuel on weekends, and the station is near me, so it works. Prices need to rise a bit more for the CC savings to be the most beneficial.
    edited December 2017
    ULSD $3.09, PUG $2.99, RUG $ 2.69, Costco, Folsom, CA (18/12 cents CA “road” taxes)

The funny thing is it seems to be (some to ALL) a matter of “cents”.?! (

The Exxon Mobil (downward, thx texases ) trend line was from 9 cents profit on the $, to 4 cents on the $ in 2016. ! XOM is considered one of the most well run companies, & especially in its industry. But on a practical point, it’s nothing that less than 500 shares of XOM yielding 3.74 % can’t take care of (in this area, Chevron, CHV seems to be one dominant player, cheaper is better for higher real yield, but that was a long time ago))

Indeed, governments @ any to ALL levels make MORE off oil than dare we say...oil companies! One needs just to look at Fed/state/local motor fuels taxation publications to graphically see. In some respects, it’s the best of times its the worst of times.
    Prices holding steady here in beautiful Pahrump, NV. RUG $2.29 ULSD $2.72 both CC price at Smith's. Unlike our home in Alpine CA where the prices have gone up about 80 cents a gallon across the board. Got to love California prices. Chevron anyone?

edited December 2017
    Chevron: ULSD $3.39, PUG $3.53, RUG $3.27.

TMI:

1. This station is app 50 miles down the road of major refinery complexes.
    2. Oil is provided by YUGE oil ship tankers & other intermodal pathways
    3. Finish products can be piped to places like San Francisco International Airport, Moffet Naval Air Station, smaller bug smasher airports, Mineta, San Jose International Airport & area fuel terminals
    4. The station is serviced by the area’s major fuel terminal, less than 2 miles away
    5. This station is near a major international airport of 3
    6. The brand is known to almost always charge a premium
    What's the story behind that one? Only station within 50 miles? Tourist trap? What are prices a town over?

The Chevron premium is understandable (I've heard from multiple MB techs that Techron is worth it).
    edited December 2017
    Actually, you have asked very good questions. The area in question is a portion of San Jose, CA. The major airport is Minetta, San Jose International Airport (1/3)

This particular Chevron station is easily in the (50 mile radius) area with @ least 100+stations. I’m sure a few tourists might accidentally stumble onto this one. Prices are probably cheaper because it is near the Costco gasoline station.

Pricing is literally all over the map. I’m thinking that pricing would depend upon the demographic scattergrams of whom & where they cater.

So for example the (my) 2 closest Chevrons have the following pricing ULSD $3.59, PUG $3.59, RUG $3.39.

Further TMI: The two Chevron stations are @ the crisscrosses of 5 major commuting highways. Again, the major fuel terminal for all brands is quite literally down the street, three blocks on one, 1.5 miles from the other. It carries E 85, MGUG, another brands B100 (biodiesel). Both have full detailing operations. Coffee/food service revenues probably rivals two hopping Starbucks.

I personally only try to go between the (non crowded) hours of 10 PM and 7 AM. I do like their diesel products, not that I can really tell a difference. I do like the pug product in the Z06, Again, not that I can really tell a difference
    Is it right next to the airport? Maybe to profit from rental car returns? I remember a notorious station in Orlando played that game for years.

On another note related to fuel on a tangent, I am reading magazines I brought back from Germany. One has an article about a guy who put 700000km on a 2.0 diesel VW Anorak - in 3 years. Average consumption, 8L/100km. That's still a lot of purchased fuel.
    edited December 2017
    It is not far away, but I’m guessing no cigar? Surely, if one owns the go to fuel station for busy airport rental returns- aka, a good gig?

I’m also guessing that your cited 700,000 km/app 435,000 miles (compact truck @ 29.4 mpg) are relatively trouble free? Gas rug/pug (compact truck) competitors, like Toyota Tacoma post 18 mpg.(= 14,796 gal vs 24,167 gal) @ current pricing, he’s tucked $28,112.USD in the kitty. If he’s done it for a business mileage in the US @ 53.5 cents per mile.... Yippee!
    An even better gig if you price gouge to unsuspecting tourists, or people in a hurry.

I don't recall any failures with the Anorak - of course the driver being German, it was no doubt obsessively maintained. Most interesting bit to me is that the truck is an automatic. I think he hauls cars for a living - in Europe, it's common to see a light duty truck or even a normal car like a Golf towing another car. Another victory for diesel torque B)

Local Chevron this morning - RUG 3.04, mid grade 3.17, PUG 3.27, Diesel 3.09 - this is before the 15 cent discount. Fintail drank less than 4 gallons, so all is well. Bluetec will get a drink next weekend.
    edited December 2017
    If it were me, I would run 30,000 miles OCI’s. http://www.lubadmin.com/upload/produit/FichePDF/lang_1/5833.pdf. My diesel guru recommends uoa’s. Then, take it from the numbers. This of course is a whole other level of TMI. However, if one is a belt & suspenders kind- 20,000 miles oci’s. Bottom line: the VW 507.oil specification is very very robust. Air filter changes each year or 145,000 miles. Fuel filter changes? Transmission fluids changes every 200,000 to 250,000 miles. I’d be curious as to what he gets from brake pads & rotors, not to mention tire wear & alignment schedules.

I’m not sure what is the correlation between “obsessive” scheduled maintenance vs UN scheduled maintenance. For many years of my life, I have always been on the obsessive (almost religious) side of scheduled maintenance. So for example, on a periodic basis, for 15 years, I would literally removed 4 forged wheels from a Z06 to wash brake dust from the rears & insides of the rims. Funny TMI story here.

I do know however in the diesel versus rug/pug issues/scenarios, gasoline & E10 to E85 products are way more wasteful than diesel will ever be.

I do have to say that i’ve been very impressed with the newer seven (ZF), eight speed (Aisin, Toyota subsidiary) automatic’s, mated to MB twin turbo 2.1 L, VW 3.0 L TDI’s. despite mpg penalties. I’ve read starting in 2016, Mercedes-Benz has some models equipped with nine speed A/T’s.
    I suspect the engine is maintained precisely by the book, that's how they do it there If I was towing with an automatic, I think I would want a more frequent transmission fluid change, no more than 100K miles, or sooner. Too much risk, for me anyway. The article states (per my translation, which may be iffy) that he got 245K kms out of a set of tires, has changed the brakes twice, and needed some kind of transmission work, but apparently not a full replacement (the "wear parts" were not broken). . The engine now drinks a liter of oil every 5000 kms, and seldom exceeds 100 kmh (as the owner is towing things).

I reach in behind the spokes and clean my wheels, but have never removed them, you beat me there :)

Yes, MB has 9 speed models, here by 2017 at the latest - the new style E has it. Europe got it first. Not sure how these are geared, but I imagine a diesel E would be cranking about 1200 rpm at 60 mph in 9th gear (and easily beating 50 mpg). Gas station visits would be few and far between.
    edited December 2017
    The German market VW Anorak TDI is getting stellar wear on the so called “consumables” (alignment, tires, brake pads, rotors)! In addition, there will always be some kind of UNscheduled maintenance items. But it sounds like he’s doing fairly well in that department also. I don’t know if this is real true or not: but it seems the more scrupulously clean one can keep the vehicle, the better and longer it runs.

I’m sure German business use has something similar, but under the US IRS tax code; business use here can be 53.5 cents per mile X 145,000 miles per yr.= $77,575.

If ones charging the right $$’s per mile fees, one can do nicely, while doing what one wants.
    Report local gas prices, here.

This is not the diesel thread.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Due to political babble, the diesel thread was canned ;)
    fintail said:

Due to political babble, the diesel thread was canned ;)

You'd think that would be a tip-off for where this thread is headed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2017
    I’m sure these are no revelations, but local to global prices are affected by interesting factors, i.e. politics. We’ve even had an overnight 50 cents price jump, due to a piece of equipment failure, (critical obviously) which caused a (“local”) refinery fire. There are hardly any sex, drugs or rockin roll in this cattle drive? No TMI to follow.

$3.09 ULSD
    $3.05 PUG (10- 15% of the passenger vehicle fleet require this fuel)
    $2.85 RUG

Folsom, CA.

I’m guessing that applications like “Gas Buddy” are having huge revolutionary effects. So for example, with the 585 miles diesel range, I can literally fuel anywhere with any number of goals. The VW Touareg TDI, which was sold back to VW, had a range of 924 miles.
    Now that cooler heads have prevailed, maybe time to re-open the diesel thread? :) Just sayin...
    edited December 2017
    kyfdx said:

Report local gas prices, here.

This is not the diesel thread.

A barrel (42 gal) of oil (refined) yields 19 gal of pvf gasoline (rug,mgug,pug) & 13 gal of diesel (ULSD) per EIA.gov. Diesel’s almost 41% (40.625%) of the fuels yield per barrel ! If diesels were app 1/2 the pvf, gasoline would be cheaper still AND we’d use LESS barrels.

So how about those Cowboys? :D
    Mid grade (87 octane here in CO) was going for $2.64/gal at the local Kroger today when I filled up the wife's Outback.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator