Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Feds Probe 2013 Honda Accord for Power Steering Failure | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2017 in Honda
imageFeds Probe 2013 Honda Accord for Power Steering Failure | Edmunds.com

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into an estimated 374,000 2013 Honda Accord vehicles after consumer complaints that the electric power steering can suddenly fail.

Read the full story here

Comments

• davidnhondadavidnhonda Member Posts: 1
    Our 2013 Honda Touring Accord failed just today, loss of steering at 60 mph. Appears that the steering assist boost stops and leaves you turning a tank. Took it to the Honda dealer in Brandon, MS and was told the steering rack has to be replaced at my cost of $1700. This for a 2 year old car. So much for "driving by wire". Not sure if even a new rack would fix the problem if they don't know what caused the problem. If you are thinking of buying a Honda, pull up the NHTSA on 2013 Honda Accord.
  • andrea_arnoldandrea_arnold Member Posts: 1
    We Bought a 2013 Honda Accord v6 and the same day the the power steering locked up turning left and caused my son to hit a cement pole and totaled out his car. I contacted Honda in America and they said they wont inspect it at the salvage yard. That I have to hire someone first and if there is there a problem then they get involved. I called 4 mechanics no one will help and my son was slightly injured with herniated tears in his neck among other minor but he could have been on the freeway and killed him.
  • JoyoJoyo Member Posts: 1
    2014 Honda Accord 77000miles. EPS system failed and out of warranty according to Honda America rep since it is more than 36000 miles or over 2 years old. It’ll be an out of pocket expense for a less than 5 year old car. For me to fix this issue, it’ll cost $3300 to replace the EPS module and the steering rack. I buy a Honda for reliability and durability. I’m not happy with this incident at all. According to my research, the EPS issue has been a problem for Honda Accord. It is unknown why Honda America is not doing anything to fix this problem. Most of the incidents so far noted that it happen after the warranty expired and there is no recall but just an EPS update available. The EPS update doesn’t fix this issue.