Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for August 2017 - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2017 in Chevrolet
imageMonthly Update for August 2017 - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

We primarily used our 2016 Chevrolet Volt for commuting duties in August, but we still gleaned new impressions from editors who haven't driven it much.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    See, this doesn't interest buyers like me. I recently purchased a 2012 Leaf with 34k miles for about what my 2000 Miata w/120k would go for (so, really, really cheap) and even with significant battery loss, it still has a real world 40-50 mile range. THAT makes sense as it not only was super cheap to buy, but easy on maintenance and mechanical repairs as well. At a sticker price of $40k, it just doesn't work in my mind as I just see it as a hybrid. I'd just pay half that and go with a new Civic instead. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Volt go away in a couple of years as the Bolt and new Leaf have ranges that make a lot more sense.
  • Options
    lorac44lorac44 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2015 Volt. I am currently averaging 120 MPG since I got the car new in Aug 2015. Within the last 3+ months I have not used any
    gas for the car as I drive around my local town of Ridgecrest, CA. Also I never take the car out of L mode as I like the fact that I get
    good strong regenerative braking whenever I take my foot off the Accelerator. At this time I have driven in Gas mode for only 5000+ miles
    for a total of 18000+ miles (13000+ electric). Only issue I have is the fact I am required to use Premium gas (3 gal sitting in the car
    for the last 3+ months). Car is spunky when I wish it to. On the other hand I have a 2+ mile on dirt roads while traveling 20 mile round
    trip to Ridgecrest proper.

I do love my Volt.

Carol Schneider