Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Subaru Outback Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• deejayleehodeejayleeho Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    do you have MF/Residual for 36mo / 12k for Outback models for Texas (DFW area). Tier 1.
    • 2.5i Touring with Starlink (stock# D3218HN)
    • 3.6R Touring with Starlink
    Thanks for the help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777

do you have MF/Residual for 36mo / 12k for Outback models for Texas (DFW area). Tier 1.

• 2.5i Touring with Starlink (stock# D3218HN)
    • 3.6R Touring with Starlink
    Thanks for the help!
    2.5: .00055 MF and 60% residual
    3.6: .00075 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mcdangermcdanger Member Posts: 13
    2.5i Premium w/eyesight in Maryland, 24/10 and 36/10. MF and residual, please.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    mcdanger said:

2.5i Premium w/eyesight in Maryland, 24/10 and 36/10. MF and residual, please.

Skip the 24 month term, numbers are not good at all

36/10 - 62% and .00050

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mcdangermcdanger Member Posts: 13
    Thanks! Forgot to ask, what price should I be looking for on the 18 2.5i premium w/ eyesight?
    mcdanger said:

Thanks! Forgot to ask, what price should I be looking for on the 18 2.5i premium w/ eyesight?

We don’t track pricing – use the “make / model / year” tabs at the top of the page to link to the Edmunds price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sbz1188sbz1188 Member Posts: 19
    Hello! Can I get #'s for a 2018 2.5i Premium with Starlink in socal? 36/12 thanks!
    sbz1188 said:

Hello! Can I get #'s for a 2018 2.5i Premium with Starlink in socal? 36/12 thanks!

.00050 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2017
    kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

Thanks!! Those are the same numbers we received from the dealer. My fear is I’ve been quoted a bad deal, would you mind taking a look?

2018 Subaru Outback premium 2.5i — package 15 with eyesight and moonroof

Subaru of Sherman oaks in SoCal

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Check back to me of $2616 (dealer buying the last 8 payments of my current 2015 Ford Focus lease 8 payments x $327/mo left)
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

$399.99/mo including tax (365.29 without)

The key here is that the dealer is buying me out of my current lease $2616 as we are moving to Oregon and I have no need for a FWD car.

Am I getting a bad deal?? Thank you for reviewing, this means the world to me.

Scott
    sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

Thanks!! Those are the same numbers we received from the dealer. My fear is I’ve been quoted a bad deal, would you mind taking a look?

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Check back to me of $2616 (dealer buying the last 8 payments of my current 2015 Ford Focus lease 8 payments x $327/mo left)
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

The key here is that the dealer is buying me out of my current lease $2616 as we are moving to Oregon and I have no need for a FWD car.

Scott
    Well, first... I was in Oregon a couple of months ago, and it's full of FWD cars!
    Also, have you checked with the leasing bank? Just because you pay off your lease, doesn't mean that you can turn it in early. It's counter-intuitive, but you may be on the hook for thousands of dollars in early termination charges. The dealer isn't buying you out of your current lease. To do that, he'd have to take your car in trade. But, they aren't doing that. They are just giving you a check, and you are on your own with the lease.
    If the dealer is giving you a check for $2616 that means you are still paying for that current lease. Basically making two payments for the next eight months. Because without that, your payments would be lower by the same amount.

Now, for the last part. Why lease in CA, and start paying tax on the payments, then have to change registration, etc. when you get to Oregon. Also, Oregon has no sales tax. Eventually, once you re-register, SMF will stop collecting sales tax, but why get started that way?

Regardless of how good your deal is, this could be a very expensive endeavor. We get a lot more snow where I live than in Portland, and I drive a RWD car. There is no way you need AWD to move to Oregon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Thanks!! Those are the same numbers we received from the dealer. My fear is I’ve been quoted a bad deal, would you mind taking a look? 2018 Subaru Outback premium 2.5i — package 15 with eyesight and moonroof Subaru of Sherman oaks in SoCal MSRP $33,305 Residual 61% MF 0.00050 $1000 out of pocket Check back to me of $2616 (dealer buying the last 8 payments of my current 2015 Ford Focus lease 8 payments x $327/mo left) Initial cost $32649.47 Adjusted cost $32515.53 $399.99/mo including tax (365.29 without) The key here is that the dealer is buying me out of my current lease $2616 as we are moving to Oregon and I have no need for a FWD car. Am I getting a bad deal?? Thank you for reviewing, this means the world to me. Scott
    Well, first... I was in Oregon a couple of months ago, and it's full of FWD cars! Also, have you checked with the leasing bank? Just because you pay off your lease, doesn't mean that you can turn it in early. It's counter-intuitive, but you may be on the hook for thousands of dollars in early termination charges. The dealer isn't buying you out of your current lease. To do that, he'd have to take your car in trade. But, they aren't doing that. They are just giving you a check, and you are on your own with the lease. If the dealer is giving you a check for $2616 that means you are still paying for that current lease. Basically making two payments for the next eight months. Because without that, your payments would be lower by the same amount. Now, for the last part. Why lease in CA, and start paying tax on the payments, then have to change registration, etc. when you get to Oregon. Also, Oregon has no sales tax. Eventually, once you re-register, SMF will stop collecting sales tax, but why get started that way? Regardless of how good your deal is, this could be a very expensive endeavor. We get a lot more snow where I live than in Portland, and I drive a RWD car. There is no way you need AWD to move to Oregon.
    Thank you for your very thoughtful reply! I probably have included a few more details --

My wife and I share the Ford Focus -- we have 2 Big Dogs and a baby on the way --- so definitely a need for a bigger car, hey, maybe even two cars for the next 8 months if the dealer is paying my last 8 payments!

I will reached out to Ford Credit and see if there are any early lease termination fees I must pay for turning the car in early --

With all of that said, I am still trying to figure out if this sales guy quoted me a good deal -- ever since I started doing my research on Edmunds with RV, MF, etc. I have been trying to figure out the math to see if this is a good or bad deal. Would you mind telling me based on the above info, what a fair lease would be given the Ford situation / check back for $2616, etc ?

Thank you!!
  • disguywilldisguywill Member Posts: 7
    Hi. Can someone let me know if this is a good deal in SoCal? This is how the sales rep quoted me:

2018 Outback 2.5i base, 36 months, 10k miles, 0 down
    MSRP: $26,810
    Selling Price: $24,325
    Total Cap Cost: $24,687
    Residual Amount: $17,695
    Monthly payment: $260+tax = $285 incl. tax

Thanks for the help.

Hi. Can someone let me know if this is a good deal in SoCal? This is how the sales rep quoted me:

Thanks for the help.

66% and .00085

With the prices provided, I get $230/mo plus tax.

Ask them what MF they used for their quote; it can be marked up as much as .00050 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

Scott

Well, first... I was in Oregon a couple of months ago, and it's full of FWD cars!
    Also, have you checked with the leasing bank? Just because you pay off your lease, doesn't mean that you can turn it in early. It's counter-intuitive, but you may be on the hook for thousands of dollars in early termination charges. The dealer isn't buying you out of your current lease. To do that, he'd have to take your car in trade. But, they aren't doing that. They are just giving you a check, and you are on your own with the lease.
    If the dealer is giving you a check for $2616 that means you are still paying for that current lease. Basically making two payments for the next eight months. Because without that, your payments would be lower by the same amount.

Now, for the last part. Why lease in CA, and start paying tax on the payments, then have to change registration, etc. when you get to Oregon. Also, Oregon has no sales tax. Eventually, once you re-register, SMF will stop collecting sales tax, but why get started that way?

Regardless of how good your deal is, this could be a very expensive endeavor. We get a lot more snow where I live than in Portland, and I drive a RWD car. There is no way you need AWD to move to Oregon.

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply! I probably have included a few more details --

My wife and I share the Ford Focus -- we have 2 Big Dogs and a baby on the way --- so definitely a need for a bigger car, hey, maybe even two cars for the next 8 months if the dealer is paying my last 8 payments!

I will reached out to Ford Credit and see if there are any early lease termination fees I must pay for turning the car in early --

With all of that said, I am still trying to figure out if this sales guy quoted me a good deal -- ever since I started doing my research on Edmunds with RV, MF, etc. I have been trying to figure out the math to see if this is a good or bad deal. Would you mind telling me based on the above info, what a fair lease would be given the Ford situation / check back for $2616, etc ?

Thank you!!

The price without the check back to cover your payments would be about $319/mo. instead of $399/mo.
    It's a pretty good deal on the Subaru.
    Check with Ford Credit about your lease.
    I'd be inclined to wait as long as I could. Every month you wait is basically free, compared to just giving away your current lease payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

Scott

Thank you!!

The price without the check back to cover your payments would be about $319/mo. instead of $399/mo.
    I'd be inclined to wait as long as I could. Every month you wait is basically free, compared to just giving away your current lease payments.

Ford says that there are no fees to turn in the car early -- i can pay the $2616 and take the car to my local Ford Dealer --- so you are saying that even though the dealership is cutting me a check for $2616 -- I am still essentially paying that $2616 in form of $80/mo over my NEW 36 month lease ?? Based on the numbers I gave you WITHOUT the Ford in the equation, my payment is $319 -- so I am still paying it the $2616.. ugh, he lied to me!
    sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

Scott

Thank you!!

Ford says that there are no fees to turn in the car early -- i can pay the $2616 and take the car to my local Ford Dealer --- so you are saying that even though the dealership is cutting me a check for $2616 -- I am still essentially paying that $2616 in form of $80/mo over my NEW 36 month lease ?? Based on the numbers I gave you WITHOUT the Ford in the equation, my payment is $319 -- so I am still paying it the $2616.. ugh, he lied to me!

It seems obvious to me that if a dealer gives you a check for $2616, that they could lower the price by that much if they didn't give it to you. That's pretty upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

sbz1188 said:

kyfdx said:

MSRP $33,305
    Residual 61%
    MF 0.00050
    $1000 out of pocket
    Initial cost $32649.47
    Adjusted cost $32515.53

Scott

Thank you!!

It seems obvious to me that if a dealer gives you a check for $2616, that they could lower the price by that much if they didn't give it to you. That's pretty upfront.

understood --- sorry this is all new to me... making more sense now.

I guess I need them to discount the car even more :)
  • disguywilldisguywill Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:

Thanks for the help.

66% and .00085

Ask them what MF they used for their quote; it can be marked up as much as .00050 for extra profit.
    Thanks for this info. I asked the sales rep and he was using .00135. He brought it down to .00085. The new quote looks like this:

Monthly payment: $237.73+tax

It's not exactly $230. Is he still using a higher MF?

Michaell said:

Thanks for the help.

66% and .00085

Thanks for this info. I asked the sales rep and he was using .00135. He brought it down to .00085. The new quote looks like this:

Monthly payment: $237.73+tax

It's not exactly $230. Is he still using a higher MF?
    Looks that way - maybe around .00100 or so.

The only two variables in a lease calculation are the adjusted cap cost ($24,687, in your case) and/or the MF.

At the moment, there is about $275 delta in the cap cost, assuming they are using the base MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• malamarmalamar Member Posts: 12
    Looking for MF and Residual on a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring with Starlink?
    Portland, OR

Thanks in advance
    malamar said:

Looking for MF and Residual on a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring with Starlink?
    Portland, OR

Thanks in advance

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

36 months / 15k per year
    malamar said:

36 months / 15k per year

.00055 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry to bother you again. But can I get same quote for 36/12 miles Outback Limited 2.5i in Oregon 
    By the way you guys are amazing. 
    malamar said:

Sorry to bother you again. But can I get same quote for 36/12 miles Outback Limited 2.5i in Oregon 

62% and .00060
    malamar said:

By the way you guys are amazing. 

Gee, thanks. :blush

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• upstatejohnupstatejohn Member Posts: 13
    Good Evening, Just started to do some research on a new outback. I have been looking at 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with EyeSight 36 month lease / 15 mileage. Price 38,800 MSRP. What would be a good monthly with zero down . Will be heading to the dealerships tomorrow for the best deals wanted to bounce it off the experts.I am in Upstate NY + Albany area. Thank you for your help. Regards

Good Evening, Just started to do some research on a new outback. I have been looking at 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with EyeSight 36 month lease / 15 mileage. Price 38,800 MSRP. What would be a good monthly with zero down . Will be heading to the dealerships tomorrow for the best deals wanted to bounce it off the experts.I am in Upstate NY + Albany area. Thank you for your help. Regards

Nice choice! My wife loves her 2015 Outback 3.6R

62% and .00080

Lease payment will be depending on the discount you negotiate from sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2017
    Is this a good deal

2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with Eyesight
    MSRP 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly
    3 Year / 12k a year

One more and thanks again in advance.

Oregon
    Outback
    2.5i touring with starlink
    36/12k

Is this a good deal

Msrp 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly
    12k a year

What trim?
    How many months?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

malamar said:

One more and thanks again in advance.

Oregon
    Outback
    2.5i touring with starlink
    36/12k

.00055 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Is this a good deal

Msrp 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly
    12k a year

What trim?
    How many months?
    36 months
    Good evening, I was wondering if this was a good deal? Going back to dealership tomorrow. Thank you for your help and time.

Details:

MSRP 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly
    3 Year / 12k mileage a year

Good evening, I was wondering if this was a good deal? Going back to dealership tomorrow. Thank you for your help and time.

Details:

MSRP 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly

What is the selling price?

What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Details:

MSRP 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly

What is the selling price?

What state and tax rate?

I will have them provide the numbers today. Thank you

Details:

MSRP 38556
    64%
    1000.00 down
    399.00 monthly

.00080 MF and 64% residual are correct.
    Which state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

New York, Albany area. 
  • captain_edcaptain_ed Member Posts: 30
    I'm currently weighing this offer. Thoughts appreciated.

2018 Subaru Outback 3.6 Touring
    MSRP: $40,599
    Negotiated, out the door: $38,390
    62%
    $2500 down
    3 year, 12K/year
    South Carolina, tax capped at $500.

By my math that comes to around $374/month. That MF seems a bit high compared to others I've seen here.

New York, Albany area. 

What is the adjusted cap cost?

The $1000 up front won't cover all your initial costs (sales tax, first payment, acquisition fee, registration).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm currently weighing this offer. Thoughts appreciated.

2018 Subaru Outback 3.6 Touring
    MSRP: $40,599
    Negotiated, out the door: $38,390
    62%
    $2500 down
    3 year, 12K/year
    South Carolina, tax capped at $500.

By my math that comes to around $374/month. That MF seems a bit high compared to others I've seen here.

62% and .00075; dealer is allowed to mark up the MF as much as .00050 for extra profit.

Guess what? Yours did.

We also suggest you limit your up front cash to just the first payment and registration costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

New York, Albany area. 

The $1000 up front won't cover all your initial costs (sales tax, first payment, acquisition fee, registration).
    Made some changes to vehicle.
    MSRP 39000
    64%
    1000.00 down
    36 month/ 12 k a year
    Albany area + New York

I won’t be able to see the adjusted cap cost until tomorrow, any area I should drill down and look for?
    They have been playing with the MSRP on the car. From the # provided, does the deal look within reason?

Thank you

Michaell said:

New York, Albany area. 

Made some changes to vehicle.
    MSRP 39000
    64%
    1000.00 down
    36 month/ 12 k a year
    Albany area + New York

I won’t be able to see the adjusted cap cost until tomorrow, any area I should drill down and look for?
    They have been playing with the MSRP on the car. From the # provided, does the deal look within reason?

Thank you

The MSRP can't really change. Maybe, they've been quoting you a car with dealer accessories added?
    Make sure you know exactly which car you are leasing, and the equipment included.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• iuseglassesiuseglasses Member Posts: 6
    Wanted to provide details on a lease I signed last night. Thanks for all the information on this forum. It helped me get the best money factor.

2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight
    MSRP: $36,581
    Selling price: $30,647
    MF: .00060
    Residual: 62%
    Tax rate: 9%
    Drive off: $795 (DMV, first month and portion of acquisition)

Monthly payment w/ tax: $294

Wanted to provide details on a lease I signed last night. Thanks for all the information on this forum. It helped me get the best money factor.

2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight
    MSRP: $36,581
    Selling price: $30,647
    MF: .00060
    Residual: 62%
    Tax rate: 9%
    Drive off: $795 (DMV, first month and portion of acquisition)

Monthly payment w/ tax: $294

Congrats - looks like a very solid deal!

Thanks for sharing your deal details with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bdogs13bdogs13 Member Posts: 22
    can you provide the MF and residual for a 2018 Outback 2.5i Touring in Denver, CO. 36 months, 10k miles.
    bdogs13 said:

can you provide the MF and residual for a 2018 Outback 2.5i Touring in Denver, CO. 36 months, 10k miles.

.00555 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Can I get the MF and residual for a 2018 2.5 Limited with Eyesight? 3/30 and 3/36?

Thanks,
    albert72 said:

Can I get the MF and residual for a 2018 2.5 Limited with Eyesight? 3/30 and 3/36?

Thanks,

.00060 and 63% / 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Michaell said:

albert72 said:

Thanks,

.00060 and 63% / 62%
    Thank you Michael