Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep

image2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2012 Jeep Wrangler includes discussion of the Wrangler's desperate need of lower axle ratios because of its larger tires

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Which begs the question: why haven't you done this already? You said when you got this that bigger tires and a gear change were planned.
  • elgacelgac Member Posts: 17
    After driving some Wranglers recently, I am stunned anyone would ever settle for the 3.21 gears when the 3.73s are just $190 (and used to be as low as $50).
    The exception would be if they planned to drop in 4.56, 4.88, etc... immidiately.
  • golfgti4789golfgti4789 Member Posts: 20
    Should have got the 3.73's!!!
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I can tell you guys don't go offroading much. I can't remember if the jeep you got came with lockers, add some if it didn't. Throw in the 4.56s in there while you're at it. Or you can keep doing the cosmetic mods, its up to you.
  • rubiconfreedomrubiconfreedom Member Posts: 6
    Special ordered our 2017 Unlimited with the 3.73 and we wont know if there will be any difference (mileage, ride, handling etc) at the time we add the tow package & larger tires (33's)