Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Midsize Sedan / Gran Sport (hatch) Feature Comparison - Camry vs Accord vs ? Please help :-)

jeffasfbayjeffasfbay Member Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in General
Hello All - I have not read through 879 pages of comments, so I don't know if this has already been done. I am shopping for a mid-size sedan (though I'd prefer a "gran sport" type car with a hatch instead of a trunk). I'm looking at the two best sellers and have created a table comparing Accord and Camry and the features that are unique to each (that I care about). I list a number of features that both sedans have because at first I thought the feature might be unique. And also so that others don't point out obvious missing features.

The table currently has Accord and Camry, and a blank 3rd column. With your help, I'd be happy to fill in that 3rd (or 4th, 5th, etc) column. Also, please point out mistakes I've made. I've spent a lot of time so far just for these two cars, but that doesn't mean everything is correct.

I don't know if I can post a link to this Google Document but I will try:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N6HaT87S18G5D9ttUu1AoPDBTEWRjEm2?usp=sharing

To the moderators - if you want this in the Midsize Sedans 2.0 discussion, please move it there or ask me to post again there. I wanted this to have more visibility though which is why I chose to start a new discussion... Thank you very much.

Comments

• Options
    jeffasfbayjeffasfbay Member Posts: 2
    My apologies, the reference to 879 pages in my post above was with regards to the "Midsize Sedan 2.0" thread, which is where I was originally going to post this. I wanted more visibility though (plus I wanted to include 5-door hatches that look like sedans) so I created a new discussion. We'll see if the moderators are okay with this or not. Also, I was hoping to keep the comparison to cars that cost <=$40k, although I personally have an interest in the Kia Stinger GT2, which is closer to $52k (ouch!).

Also, at my age, and having inexperienced drivers in my family, safety gear is a must for me. In 2015 we bought a 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R with EyeSight, and that system works brilliantly with only a handful of caveats - 1. If car in front of you makes a right turn, EyeSight will apply the brakes much harder than I would; 2) Set speed is not held as tightly as I'd like when going up or down moderate hills. Going down a small hill and then heading back up in a 45 mph zone, the car will drop down to as low as 42 mph, and then take longer than I'd like to return to 45 mph. I wish there was a "rate of acceleration" setting for this. But these complaints are not unique to EyeSight - I drove the '18 Camry V6 XSE and it did the same thing with cars turning right in front of you. I'm sure it's to be very conservative in case the right-turner suddenly slows down or stops.

Thank you,
    Jeff
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    The only car I'd add is the Mazda 6. All 3 are great, it comes down to personal preference. Have you driven any? I would want the 2018 version of each, major upgrades on the Accord and 6. My brother has the new Camry, loves it.