Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for November 2017 - 2017 Land Rover Discovery Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2017 in Land Rover

imageMonthly Update for November 2017 - 2017 Land Rover Discovery Long-Term Road Test

Our 2017 Land Rover Discovery joined the long-term test fleet just six weeks ago but has already amassed over 5,700 miles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "The Discovery generally rolls down the road smoothly, and it feels controlled and buttoned-down on winding two-lane back roads. That said, the ride occasionally gets a bit busy on patched asphalt surfaces and truck-damaged freeway lanes."

Maybe if you had not optioned the car in full LA Pimp Trim and ordered something with 19" wheels you would not have this issue.

"Time for another rant about interior surfaces! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stop putting in surfaces that cause glare or harsh reflections!"

Add my voice to that chorus. Maybe this happens because interior designers in Britain so rarely see REAL sun like we do in the desert SW.
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    The other thing, agentorange, and this is something I plan to delve into in the coming months, is the Discovery's "normal load" tire pressures are quite high. There's a "light load" setting that's considerably lower. But the default is the higher-pressure setting, and I didn't want to go to a truck scales to figure out which way to go. I was loaded up somewhere close to the line, and when I was in Oregon we were full with six people when we went to dinner. Jack the pressures up and down (and reconfiguring the TPMS to match) isn't something I want to be chasing all of the time. So I left it in normal mode the whole trip (the door jamb default) and those pressures probably didn't help matters. Also, yeah, 18-inch wheeel/tires is where I usually draw the line.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• willin58willin58 Member Posts: 38
    What model is this again? The lettering on the back isn't big enough for me to make out :)
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "You're getting six weeks for the price of four. Such a deal."

As long as we don't have to meet with the F&I guy.