Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Passat R-Line monthly payment

bigblueh20bigblueh20 Member Posts: 5
edited December 2017 in Volkswagen
Hey, I live in NY and am interested in a 2018 R-Line Passat. Can you give me an idea of what I should pay for a 36 month, 10k mile per year, lease, no money down, excluding tax, dealer fee, DMV, etc...What should my monthly payment be? Thanks BB

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826

Hey, I live in NY and am interested in a 2018 R-Line Passat. Can you give me an idea of what I should pay for a 36 month, 10k mile per year, lease, no money down, excluding tax, dealer fee, DMV, etc...What should my monthly payment be? Thanks BB

.00070 MF and 53% residual
    $2300 lease cash

Sorry, but we don't track pricing.
    If you have an MSRP and selling price, we can calculate a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bigblueh20bigblueh20 Member Posts: 5
    let me ask you this...the original MSRP was 26,165...Im being quoted a price of $279 per month...Sign and drive 0 down...1st month payment free...what do you think? sound like a reasonable price?

let me ask you this...the original MSRP was 26,165...Im being quoted a price of $279 per month...Sign and drive 0 down...1st month payment free...what do you think? sound like a reasonable price?

What is your state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I live in New York and my tax rate is 8.625%.....Thanks for your help.
    I am going to pay the taxes and dealer fee of $625 up front.

I live in New York and my tax rate is 8.625%.....Thanks for your help.

I am going to pay the taxes and dealer fee of $625 up front.

.00070 MF and 53% residual for 36/10
    $2300 lease cash

The $625 isn't a dealer fee. That's the Volkswagen Credit acquisition fee. Dealer fees are restricted to $75 in NY.

If your lease is for 36/10, then the adjusted CAP would have to be about $23,000 to get a payment of $279/mo. Considering the lease cash, that's a fair deal. If your mileage allowance is greater, then the deal is better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay, thanks for all of your feedback so far....So the car that im negotiating on has a agreed upon value of 22,680....I am paying the tax and acquisition fee out of my pocket up front....I purchased insurance to cover $1,500 worth of possible damage for $350 built into the lease...So my lease is for $289 per month for 36 payments...Does this sound like a good deal? I have top tier credit and my buyout price at end of lease is 13,867.....Does this sound like a good deal? Thanks

Okay, thanks for all of your feedback so far....So the car that im negotiating on has a agreed upon value of 22,680....I am paying the tax and acquisition fee out of my pocket up front....I purchased insurance to cover $1,500 worth of possible damage for $350 built into the lease...So my lease is for $289 per month for 36 payments...Does this sound like a good deal? I have top tier credit and my buyout price at end of lease is 13,867.....Does this sound like a good deal? Thanks

Doesn't look like the deal has changed, other than you buying $1500 of insurance for $350.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator