Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Should I or should I not?

whitetigerrwhitetigerr Member Posts: 16
edited December 2017 in Honda
I was looking to lease a 2018 CR-V EX-L and the local Honda dealer gave me a lease deal for 426/month with 0 down or 397/month with 1K down, is that a good deal or should I leave it?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

I was looking to lease a 2018 CR-V EX-L and the local Honda dealer gave me a lease deal for 426/month with 0 down or 397/month with 1K down, is that a good deal or should I leave it?

The CR-V is extremely expensive to lease, relative to it's MSRP. It's a nice vehicle, but nowhere near worth that sort of payment. You could lease a Highlander for that sort of payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

The CR-V is extremely expensive to lease, relative to it's MSRP. It's a nice vehicle, but nowhere near worth that sort of payment. You could lease a Highlander for that sort of payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi kyfdx, thanks for the reply, I actually like the CR-V's interior more than the Highlander, what do you think would be a fair payment for the CR-V EX-L trim which according to Edmunds has an MSRP value of 31,825, market value of 30,337 and invoice value of 29,929, this would help me with negotiating further for a better deal. Thanks again.
  • Options

Hi kyfdx, thanks for the reply, I actually like the CR-V's interior more than the Highlander, what do you think would be a fair payment for the CR-V EX-L trim which according to Edmunds has an MSRP value of 31,825, market value of 30,337 and invoice value of 29,929, this would help me with negotiating further for a better deal. Thanks again.

.00200 MF and 61% residual for 36/15.

What mileage allowance do you need?

You may have misunderstood me. I wasn't commenting on if your deal was good. Just that with the current lease program, there is no good deal to be had.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I see, thank you, actually I'm new to the leasing process so I'm doing a lot of research to make it work, I'm looking for 12K a year for mileage allowance.
  • Options

I see, thank you, actually I'm new to the leasing process so I'm doing a lot of research to make it work, I'm looking for 12K a year for mileage allowance.

.00200 MF and 63% residual for 36/12

Given the MSRP and market value you list, $387/mo.+tax, assuming all fees and other costs are paid upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    The moderator is correct about leasing the Highlander. In November I leased a 2017 Highlander XLE $42,002 MSRP, for $399.00 per month, $2000.00 down. By the way the $399 per month was out the door price.
  • Options
    russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    Hey New Jersey! Just purchased a 2018 CRV EX-L AWD No Navigation for $28,800 plus tax, doc fee and license and registration. Good luck