Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 sebring Battery drain....I have to start engine

vikasintlvikasintl Member Posts: 26
edited December 2017 in Chrysler
If I open the door and close ...the dome and interior lights don't turn off immediately but if I start the engine..turn off and than close the door ...than the lights will turn off immediately.

can anyone explain what could be reason for battery drain?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited December 2017
    Are you saying that the dome and interior lights stay on a long time? Usually, on most cars, they do stay on momentarily after you exit the vehicle.

You should conduct a parasitic drain test. Here's how you do it:

Parasitic Drain Test

This website might have a wiring diagram for your car as well:

http://bbbind.com/

• Options
    Thanks..I did check for parasitic draw and I could not find any major problem...with door closed and everything off its only 40 mAmp draw ...if I open the door its about 150 mAmp and if I hook phone charger in to cigarette lighter port ...its 50 mAmp..which I believe its normal...so can I can I think something wrong with battery that it does not hold the charge?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    40 mA is quite acceptable. How old is your battery? Anything over 5-6 years is suspect and should be fully charged up and then load tested.
  • Options
    is there any way I can check the battery without removing it out of car? you know sebring its not easy...I have to remove wheel and dust guard first