Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for October 2017 - 2017 Jaguar F-Pace Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2017 in Jaguar
imageMonthly Update for October 2017 - 2017 Jaguar F-Pace Long-Term Road Test

Halfway through our yearlong test, our 2017 Jaguar F-Pace continues to earn praise.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    So I guess it doesn't matter how much someone spends on a vehicle. Rattles seem to permeate virtually every car on the market. My 2015 Chevrolet Equinox with only 33,000 miles on it is absolutely filled with rattles from the dash to the doors to the rear hatch. This Jag has a sticker price that is literally 2x the price of my Chevy and has similar issues. You would think after 100+ years of building cars, manufacturers would have at least perfected making vehicles rattle free [or put $20 worth of strategically placed felt and foam cushioning/insulation in vehicles to prevent them.] Vehicles are stuffed with components in the doors and the dash, but it certainly cannot be impossible to make a predominantly plastic interior rattle-free.
  • DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    Just looking at sporty competitors, I believe the Edmunds long-term Macan S did not have such issues. There are plenty of well-made interiors across a wide spectrum of price levels that won't give you rattles. Many Toyotas and Hondas, Lexus and Acura counterparts tend to fare well. I had a Mazda6 that weathered 96,000 miles running over New England potholes and had zero rattles or squeaks.