Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I Need Used Car Recommendations

dogbrachdogbrach Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in General
So I live in Chicago, and my 2008 Volvo S80 was recently totaled in a hit-and-run while parked on the street. I loved that car deeply, as it had a very smooth ride and decently responsive steering, as well as a very comfortable all-leather interior. Additionally, it only had 37k miles on it. My insurance is paying out a decent amount above the value of the car, so my question to you is: what used car would be a good choice for me under around $13,000? I'm looking for something similar to my S80, preferably with low miles. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well if you want something similar (competitor) to your S80, you might consider a Mercedes E350 or Honda Accord EX-L.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Well if you want something similar (competitor) to your S80, you might consider a Mercedes E350 or Honda Accord EX-L.

Can’t argue either of those. That said, I would wonder what a used S80 would cost?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    An S-80 can be nothing but trouble as the miles increase. Nice cars but troublesome and very expensive to repair. Can't go wrong with a loaded EXL Accord!