Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - Looking to Buy 2018 Odyssey EX

doodlemomdoodlemom Member Posts: 1
edited August 2017 in Honda
Don't normally purchase models just coming out. We are more of a end of year closeout type buyer. However, we want the new '18 with the new safety features that are coming out. Anyone purchased the EX and if so would you please share your experience. Best I've gotten so far is $2800 off MSRP from one dealer and the others are from $600 below MSRP to over MSRP.

Comments

• trr080817trr080817 Member Posts: 1
    Just yes'day signed S&P on 2018 odyssey Elite - Modern Steel/ Gray

Elite Price => 43031
    Accessories ( Body Side Molding, Splash Guards, all season mats, roof rails ) => 555.01
    Tarde in (honda accord 2008 ) => 5500
    Doc fee => 430
    Tax (6.25) => 2398
    Reg + Transfer => 100

• bingtangbingtang Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    i'm in Northern California and I'm looking for a Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2018. I've been emailing a couple dealerships and the lowest price I've received so far is is $35,000 (includes destination + dealership fee 80$) + taxes and fees (Title etc) for the zip code 94568. The price seems a bit high.

Any suggestions on what price should i be looking to pay for or the target price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,075
    bingtang said:

Hello,
    i'm in Northern California and I'm looking for a Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2018. I've been emailing a couple dealerships and the lowest price I've received so far is is $35,000 (includes destination + dealership fee 80$) + taxes and fees (Title etc) for the zip code 94568. The price seems a bit high.

Any suggestions on what price should i be looking to pay for or the target price?

What is the MSRP of that model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP is $38,335.
    bingtang said:

MSRP is $38,335.

That seems like a decent discount on a 2018 model.

Click on the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds TMV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2017
    Hello,
    I am in the market for a 2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L (Northern California) and have got some quotes from the dealers. I have a pre-approved loan offer from my credit union, but the dealers say i have to sign an option contract (they'll run my credit check) with them even if i've a pre-approved loan offer. I am not able to understand why i have to sign an option contract (2 - 5 business days) with the dealer financing when i can go through the financing with my bank.
    Can anyone please let me know if it is a must to agree to the options contract and what are my options here.

Thanks!
    bingtang said:

Hello,
    I am in the market for a 2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L (Northern California) and have got some quotes from the dealers. I have a pre-approved loan offer from my credit union, but the dealers say i have to sign an option contract (they'll run my credit check) with them even if i've a pre-approved loan offer. I am not able to understand why i have to sign an option contract (2 - 5 business days) with the dealer financing when i can go through the financing with my bank.
    Can anyone please let me know if it is a must to agree to the options contract and what are my options here.

Thanks!

You won't have to submit a credit application if you make the purchase, and agree to wait until the paperwork goes through, before taking delivery. (1-2 weeks).

But, if you want to take their $40K vehicle home with you, they need a guarantee, and that's the back-up financing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

bingtang said:

Hello,

Thanks!

You won't have to submit a credit application if you make the purchase, and agree to wait until the paperwork goes through, before taking delivery. (1-2 weeks).

But, if you want to take their $40K vehicle home with you, they need a guarantee, and that's the back-up financing.
    I let them know that i can wait until paperwork gets done (loan process through my bank, my application is already approved and i just need to upload the purchase and sales agreement ) before taking delivery, but they insist i have to take the vehicle with me on the same day and do an option contract (back-up financing) with them . I putting down a down payment via cashiers check. Not certain why the dealers are persisting on the option contract and i am NOT comfortable doing that.
    bingtang said:

kyfdx said:

bingtang said:

Hello,

Thanks!

I let them know that i can wait until paperwork gets done (loan process through my bank, my application is already approved and i just need to upload the purchase and sales agreement ) before taking delivery, but they insist i have to take the vehicle with me on the same day and do an option contract (back-up financing) with them . I putting down a down payment via cashiers check. Not certain why the dealers are persisting on the option contract and i am NOT comfortable doing that.
    Then, don't do it.. (but, that's the way 98% of car deals are done).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator