Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Custom lease calculator

harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
edited December 2017 in General
I built an in depth lease calculator and was hoping I could post it here to see if any Mods or members could help me make sure it is working appropriately. I am starting the process now of looking for a new lease.

Can I do that here or is that against the rules? And if so, any Mods willing to give it a quick spin?

Much thanks.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

I built an in depth lease calculator and was hoping I could post it here to see if any Mods or members could help me make sure it is working appropriately. I am starting the process now of looking for a new lease.

Can I do that here or is that against the rules? And if so, any Mods willing to give it a quick spin?

Much thanks.

Go ahead... we'll see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    Okie...

Attaching my lease calculator. This is built for NY/NJ/CT/PA auto leasing rules but probably could apply to other states which treat auto leasing similarly.

Welcome feedback.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Okie...

Attaching my lease calculator. This is built for NY/NJ/CT/PA auto leasing rules but probably could apply to other states which treat auto leasing similarly.

Welcome feedback.

I'll play around with it, when I get a chance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• russnj8russnj8 Member Posts: 20
    Hey Harris,  I like the idea of building your own calculator and would have attempted it too if I knew all of the underlying calculations- but I’ve purchased an App from the Apple AppStore called LeaseMatic, and I absolutely love it.  It’s a paid app but it’s well worth it!  Depending on how far along you are in your calculator, you may just want to spend the few bucks to get this.
    This has all of the needed inputs to calculate your payment, from Selling price, residual, MF, taxes, etc. 
    If you try it, I’d like to hear your thoughts on how well it works for you. 

• harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    Nice app. Seems like it would help a lot of folks on here. I like to get super granular so that I can model out every cost -- want to be able to match the dealer and check the calcs dollar for dollar. Probably overkill but the model (assuming it works as intended) allows me to handle taxes on fees, cap reductions (capitalize or pay upfront) as well as some other small nuances. But the app also handles MSDs which I haven't built in yet. Good stuff.
  • russnj8russnj8 Member Posts: 20
    Yea, this app is great in that you can toggle building fees or taxes into your monthly payment which I’ve found helpful. I think You can customize Just about everything to do what you described, down to the dollar.  

What does MSD stand for again?

I had no idea about this forum until recently, and have been doing painful legwork going to dealers just to find out the residuals and money factors, but now I just plug it all into this app based on advice in this forum to get my target monthly payment- such a time saver!

I’ve used this app directly at the dealership, and know immediately how badly the sales person is trying to cheat. Catch them red handed, give them 1 more chance to give me a realistic offer, and they don’t so I’ve just been walking out the door.

Currently looking for a Hyundai Santa Fe  SE ultimate and I’ve never been so disgusted by any sales people like the ones at Hyundai around my area. It’s like all the bad ones were drawn to this brand, so I haven’t been able to get a fair price, much less a good deal.