Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon Electrical Problems

124»

Comments

• filmorobfilmorob Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    1997 Avalon: : I had struts & shocks put on all 4 corners,when I got it back,the ABS light & TRAC OFF were on & flashing.I had it hooked up by an up to date scanner & it showed no codes were on.Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Probably your scanner can't read ABS codes. Sounds like a wheel sensor got disconnected or damaged.
  • filmorobfilmorob Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much, I greatly apprieciate it.
  • curiouskcuriousk Member Posts: 1
    2006 avalon w keyless entry. Sometimes when I start the car I get three quick bells does anyone know what it means. I will also occasionally get a single ding when I shut the car off. Great car but I am curious. Thank you
  • travelmamatravelmama Member Posts: 2
    Having same problem. Have replaced 3 batteries, stereo amp as well as starter switch. Car just now will not start. Help!
  • marko21marko21 Member Posts: 1

Can anybody help me i have a 2004 toyota avalon and when driving if i turn the high beam on then off the motor turns of for asecond get a jurk motion ,same when i put up the power windows .Have been to auto electrician four times [ diffrent auto electrician each time].They canot find a thing .Started about 12 months ago.

• stowell01stowell01 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 96 Toyota Avalon and we seem to be having a problem with the front turn signals. We have replaced the bulbs and the fuses but the front turn signals are still not working. Can anyone give me some advice on how to trouble shoot this problem?
  • meralp1meralp1 Member Posts: 1
    My 2003 Avalon XLS has a battery drain, the connections are good, tested the battery several times. Battery will completely drain in 2 days. Any suggestions
  • Buddyrow140Buddyrow140 Member Posts: 4
    I change the fuel pump fuel pressure damper and the battery and I think the fuel pump relay because it was turning over and wouldn't start could anyone tell me have they had this happened before and what was the problem where it just turns over and won't start like it's not getting fuel but it's getting fuel
  • 2006ava2006ava Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 push start Avalon I was driving my car as usual and 1 day when I parked it and came out later to find my car wouldn't start the radio would not come on the dash board was completely dead the lights come on and horn works but vehicle wouldn't start had it towed to Toyota had requested a diagnostic testing they said alternator and drive belt and battery bad. Had items fixed car started up drove home only to get there and did the same thing wouldn't start again that let's me know it was never any of those thing replaced any idea of why car won't start