Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Chevy Bolt EV Lease Deals and Prices

teocon17teocon17 Member Posts: 53
edited November 2017 in Chevrolet
I'll be in the market for an EV vehicle. May I have the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT? This is for Irvine, CA. Thanks in advance.

36mos/10k
36mos/12k

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    teocon17 said:

I'll be in the market for an EV vehicle. May I have the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT? This is for Irvine, CA. Thanks in advance.

36mos/10k
    36mos/12k

.00088 MF and 61%/60% residual
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• someone10someone10 Member Posts: 1
    May I have the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT/Premier? This is for zip code 21042. 36/12k and/or 36/15k. Thanks in advance.
    someone10 said:

May I have the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT/Premier? This is for zip code 21042. 36/12k and/or 36/15k. Thanks in advance.

36/12: .00088 MF and 60%/59% residual for LT/Premier
    Subtract 2% for 15K/yr
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• teocon17teocon17 Member Posts: 53
    kyfdx said:

teocon17 said:

36mos/10k
    36mos/12k

.00088 MF and 61%/60% residual
    $1100 lease cash
    Thank you very much.

• dtopgeardtopgear Member Posts: 25
    Does Chevy have a 24month/10K lease for the Premier? Would be leasing in the south FL area.
    dtopgear said:

Does Chevy have a 24month/10K lease for the Premier? Would be leasing in the south FL area.

Nothing shorter than 36 months on the Bolt

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• truetaotruetao Member Posts: 64
    Please post November MF/RV and incentives for the 2017 Chevy Bolt:
    36 months/7500 miles in Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    truetao said:

Please post November MF/RV and incentives for the 2017 Chevy Bolt:
    36 months/7500 miles in Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you!

no 7500 mileage allowance from GM; 36/10 numbers are:

.00088 and 61% (LT) or 60% (Premier); $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hurjio98hurjio98 Member Posts: 14
    MF/RV for 2017 Bolt LT 36/10 in SoCal for December?
    hurjio said:

.00088 and 61%
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mrhaythammrhaytham Member Posts: 1
    Newbie here.. apologies in advance.
    What does "1100 lease cash" mean... like down payment?

I got this offer (haven't started negotiations yet) but just wondering what should my goal be? I'm in WA... also all I "really" want is the fast charging... the rest of the options just because that's what's available...

mrhaytham said:

Newbie here.. apologies in advance.
    What does "1100 lease cash" mean... like down payment?

I got this offer (haven't started negotiations yet) but just wondering what should my goal be? I'm in WA... also all I "really" want is the fast charging... the rest of the options just because that's what's available...

That really isn't an offer, it's the price sheet for the car you're interested in.

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive that works like a rebate to lower the price.

Suggest you read through the articles at this link to get you started with leasing.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cmapes15cmapes15 Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:
    .00088 and 61% $1100 lease cash

I was trying to get a Bolt Premier lease today, SoCal.

Quoted 12k mi /yr @ 57% RV
    $3268 in rebates
    Chevy Conquest cash (Honda lease) @ $500.

Walked on the deal, their tweaks made it a $13k+ lease.

My questions are:

- Is this the correct residual? (57%)
    - Is the Conquest cash only $500 this month?
    cmapes15 said:

Michaell said:

.00088 and 61%
    $1100 lease cash

I was trying to get a Bolt Premier lease today, SoCal.

Quoted 12k mi /yr @ 57% RV
    $3268 in rebates
    Chevy Conquest cash (Honda lease) @ $500.

Walked on the deal, their tweaks made it a $13k+ lease.

My questions are:

- Is this the correct residual? (57%)
    - Is the Conquest cash only $500 this month?

57% is the correct residual for 39 months, 12K/yr
    .00088 MF
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2017
    kyfdx said:
    57% is the correct residual for 39 months, 12K/yr .00088 MF $1100 lease cash
    That’s what I had thought, glad I walked.

What is the correct residual value for a Premier trim Bolt Ev in 36mo lease at 12k/yr? 58 or 59%?

cmapes15 said:

kyfdx said:

57% is the correct residual for 39 months, 12K/yr
    .00088 MF
    $1100 lease cash

That’s what I had thought, glad I walked.

What is the correct residual value for a Premier trim Bolt Ev in 36mo lease at 12k/yr? 58 or 59%?

59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks!
  • KaimakeKaimake Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I just spoke with a dealership in Hawaii and they gave me a money factor of .0012958 on a 2017 Bolt. It is much higher than the money factors you are quoting above. Does the dealer set this or does Chevrolet? Does the dealership have the ability to change it?

Thanks in advance,

Marc
    Kaimake said:

Hi, I just spoke with a dealership in Hawaii and they gave me a money factor of .0012958 on a 2017 Bolt. It is much higher than the money factors you are quoting above. Does the dealer set this or does Chevrolet? Does the dealership have the ability to change it?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Could be a lease from a bank other that GM Financial, which are the only numbers we have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Great, thank you!
    Kaimake said:

Great, thank you!

Also, possible that Hawaii has different lease programs than the mainland.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The Chevy Dealership is now telling me the $7500 federal tax credit for the Bolt is actually kept by GM financing and not deducted off the sticker price of the car!! Is this really true or am I getting bad information? When I leased a Leaf several years ago they dropped the sticker price by $7500 without hesitation.

The deal they are offering on a 2017 Bolt LT is 0$ down, $35,250 net cap, $595 acq. fee, 36 months, 10k and money factor of .00088 for $380/month, without tax. Not even close to where I want to be.

Thanks again,

Marc
    Kaimake said:

The Chevy Dealership is now telling me the $7500 federal tax credit for the Bolt is actually kept by GM financing and not deducted off the sticker price of the car!! Is this really true or am I getting bad information? When I leased a Leaf several years ago they dropped the sticker price by $7500 without hesitation.

The deal they are offering on a 2017 Bolt LT is 0$ down, $35,250 net cap, $595 acq. fee, 36 months, 10k and money factor of .00088 for $380/month, without tax. Not even close to where I want to be.

Thanks again,

Marc

Dealer is correct; no federal tax credit on the Bolt.

But, residual values on the Bolt are similar to a "normal" car (61% for 36/10), whereas on the Leaf they are abysmal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Kaimake said:

Thanks again,

Marc

When you lease, the bank always keeps the tax credit. Then, they possibly give you a rebate. However, the tax credit for leasing is less than $7500. When Nissan Credit gave you a $7500 rebate, that was more than they received. So, the bank gets a credit for the Bolt (likely $4000-$5000), but they don't give you nearly that much in a rebate. Why? Bolts are selling well without them passing it along.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nonpulsednonpulsed Member Posts: 22
    Looking for rate and residual for LT so cal 10,12,15/year. Any lease cash?  Thanks in advance. 
    nonpulsed said:

Looking for rate and residual for LT so cal 10,12,15/year. Any lease cash?  Thanks in advance. 

.00088 MF and 61%/60%/58% residual for 36 months
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jsp0626jsp0626 Member Posts: 20
    Looking for rate and residual for both LT/Premier 36/10 in Portland, OR. Many thanks in advance.
    jsp0626 said:

Looking for rate and residual for both LT/Premier 36/10 in Portland, OR. Many thanks in advance.

LT - .00093 and 61%
    Prem - .00075 and 59%
    $1100 lease cash for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks a ton, Michael. What's the source on your MF info and how often does it change, so I know when I'm talking to the dealer? I was looking at a Bolt Premier in Portland last September and at the time their worksheet reflected a MF of .00164.
    jsp0626 said:

Thanks a ton, Michael. What's the source on your MF info and how often does it change, so I know when I'm talking to the dealer? I was looking at a Bolt Premier in Portland last September and at the time their worksheet reflected a MF of .00164.

We can't reveal our sources, other than to say it's the same numbers the dealers have.

Rates change monthly

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Understood, much appreciated.
    I walked into my local Portland Chevy dealer tonight and was told they're using a MF of .00177. I asked about one-pay and for that the MF is .00104.

I have always heard the customer cannot negotiate MF. Are there legitimate reasons why they're using a different rate than the .00093 Michael listed?
    jsp0626 said:

I walked into my local Portland Chevy dealer tonight and was told they're using a MF of .00177. I asked about one-pay and for that the MF is .00104.

I have always heard the customer cannot negotiate MF. Are there legitimate reasons why they're using a different rate than the .00093 Michael listed?

It's possible that they are using a bank other than GM Financial.
    Or, the dealer could be marking up the rate for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Advertised lease states "Must Qualify and Lease through GM Financial Leasing," and dealer confirms lease is thru GM.
    jsp0626 said:

Advertised lease states "Must Qualify and Lease through GM Financial Leasing," and dealer confirms lease is thru GM.

Then it's greed, pure and simple.

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I did, and was told the MF markup is what they must do to offset the "big dealer discount" they are offering on the vehicle. Think they summed it up perfectly - they are indeed offsetting their own 'discount.'
    jsp0626 said:

I did, and was told the MF markup is what they must do to offset the "big dealer discount" they are offering on the vehicle. Think they summed it up perfectly - they are indeed offsetting their own 'discount.'

Dealers are becoming more savvy on lease negotiations - you can either get a big discount in price but an inflated MF, or the base MF and a smaller discount.

You'll have to run the numbers both ways, to see which results in the better deal.

Or, keep searching for a dealer willing to give you both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• uncle_jackuncle_jack Member Posts: 24
    Hello Michael/kyfdx,
    I recently negotiated with the dealer in Austin, TX for a Bolt Premier (MSRP $43905), 3 years, 15k miles/year. I told them I used the numbers you provided (Res = 57%, MF = 0.00088). The car salesman told me the numbers are incorrect and provided me the following numbers (Res = 56%, MF = 0.00075). He told me these are the numbers provided to his dealership directly from GM. If using his numbers, I think the interest is about $8 more per month. Can you help explain if the car salesman was telling me the truth?

Hello Michael/kyfdx,
    I recently negotiated with the dealer in Austin, TX for a Bolt Premier (MSRP $43905), 3 years, 15k miles/year. I told them I used the numbers you provided (Res = 57%, MF = 0.00088). The car salesman told me the numbers are incorrect and provided me the following numbers (Res = 56%, MF = 0.00075). He told me these are the numbers provided to his dealership directly from GM. If using his numbers, I think the interest is about $8 more per month. Can you help explain if the car salesman was telling me the truth?

The dealer is quoting the correct numbers for January.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bflorunnerbflorunner Member Posts: 1
    Could I get the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT? This is for ZIP code 14226. 36/10k and/or 36/12k. Thank you.

Could I get the RV/MF for the Chevy Bolt EV LT? This is for ZIP code 14226. 36/10k and/or 36/12k. Thank you.

.00093 MF and 61%/60% residual
    $1100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was told by the car salesman at San Antonio, TX dealership that GM will stop leasing Bolt 2017 by the end of this month. Is this true or is it just another sale tactic to create pressure on customer?
    I was also told that MF went down from 0.00075 to 0.00073. Is this true as well?

I’m told that there’s an extra $1000 certificate so that would make the total rebate $3600 ($1100 Lease cash, $1000 CCR program, $500 conquest cash, and $1000 extra from what/where?) see attached.

I was told by the car salesman at San Antonio, TX dealership that GM will stop leasing Bolt 2017 by the end of this month. Is this true or is it just another sale tactic to create pressure on customer?

We don't know, but the Bolt and Volt are the only 2017 Chevy models still available for lease, so it wouldn't be surprising for the lease programs to end soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I’m told that there’s an extra $1000 certificate so that would make the total rebate $3600 ($1100 Lease cash, $1000 CCR program, $500 conquest cash, and $1000 extra from what/where?) see attached.

We don't have details on the rebates.

If the dealer says the money factor is now .00073, I'd tend to believe them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kiljaedonkiljaedon Member Posts: 7
    Hi Michaell,
    What is the MF/residual for Northern California Chevy Bolt EV '17? 10k/12k , 36 mo.

Any lease cash/incentives?

Thanks!
    kiljaedon said:

Hi Michaell,
    What is the MF/residual for Northern California Chevy Bolt EV '17? 10k/12k , 36 mo.

Any lease cash/incentives?

Thanks!

.00093 MF and 60% residual for 36/12
    $1100 lease cash.

Probably other incentives, as well, but we only have the lease cash amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    Feb numbers for 17 36/15, for both the LT/ Premier zip 53172. Any incentives? Also any idea about 18s yet?
  • cartilagecartilage Member Posts: 1
    What is the MF & residual for Northern California, zip code 94539 for 2017 Chevy Bolt EV LT?
    10k/12k , 36 mo.
    Thanks.