Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cougar Support Group - General Maintenance

Comments

• badulahbadulah Member Posts: 961
    Dasaint1:
    We have discussed this issue, and are working on it. It would be nice to order this stuff with a CSG discount.

Membership has it's Privileges.

Thanks!
  • gustafscgustafsc Member Posts: 361
    From your end of the country, you just drive to Chicago and turn right. Can't miss it!!

Skip G.
  • bobschmbobschm Member Posts: 42
    The red bottle is plastered with warnings about testing on your wheels to be sure they're compatible. Go with the yellow bottle.

Does Meguiar make something comparable? Never saw it in the parts store.
    Where do I turn right, can you give me a landmark?
  • stageleftstageleft Member Posts: 391
    Bobschm:

I'm not sure myself, but Meguiar's has a pretty nice website. www.meguiars.com
  • jimbo_gjimbo_g Member Posts: 53
    They have a product for practically everything. The catch is it's virtually impossible to find their "non-wax/polish" products in a store the best bet iis to go to their website and order a catalog!! The prices in the catalog are pretty reasonable.

Jimbo_G
  • fredlyfredly Member Posts: 201
    Dasaint, I am working on getting
    a corporate account with Meguiar's
    I wasn't really looking into the sales end of it
    but I'll ask my rep.
    F-
  • ambercadabraambercadabra Member Posts: 56
    LOL all...and I didn't say the oil change was free, I said the labor was. BYO..um..OAF? Bring your Own Oil and Filter?? Beerwise, I have expensive taste...Guinness, Bass, but I'll settle for Corona in a pinch. And BTW Rob, I bartend on the weekends, and I make a MEAN Long Island.

Oh, just so I can throw in something ON topic here, what's the deal with the in-cabin air filter thingie? DealerGuy says to change it every 15,000 miles...is that accurate, and how much do the darn things cost?

Seriously though, I don't know where all of you live, but I'm game for a gathering in Milwaukee, or even Chicago...I can post directions better than "drive to Chicago and turn right", though (LOL Skip)..
    All:
    Currently Jimbo_G is working with his contact at Meguiars to get some sort of CSG discount going. As soon as we have the details, we will post them in here and on the web site.

Membership has its Privileges.
    Chicago isn't a big enough landmark???
    Stay dry and you can't miss Milwaukee.
    Me, I just jump onto 294 North, and it's right there.

By the way, 294 works for those coming from the East, too.

Skip G.
    I saw that on the other forum just now, better off that way for you guys
    Gotta get my ducks in line first.
    You know what Amber? That's a good question. I'm almost cresting 22k, and I've never read anything from my service reports about the in-cabin air cleaner. I might just have to get on them about that. I'll let you know what I find out.
    You're polishing with ducks? I wondered how you got that "just feathered" look to your finish! LOL!
  • dasaint1dasaint1 Member Posts: 230
    I heard goosedown is the best for polishing!!! A little bit on the expensive side, though.
    Hey, what's this "swiffers" I'm hearing about? Never heard of it. What is it for, and how do you use it?

Amber:
    What's up with the directions to Milwaukee!!? We're waaaaiiiiiiiting!!!! Keep the beer nice and cold.
    I just posted something in the Care Forum that I should've posted here. Oh well!!! Sometimes I get confused which room I'm in (checking for blond roots--wink, Amber). **Sorry in advance to anyone who's blonde.

Stageleft & Amber:
    Re: in cabin air cleaner, I read something in the manual. I think it said change every 30K miles. But double check the manual. You can do it yourself, but you have to remove the wiper blade and arm assembly, before you can get to the air cleaner/filter. Sounds like a job for Amber.

Are you offering free labor on this one as well, Amber? Hey guys, I think I know where the next unofficial CSG gathering is going to take place--Milwaukee. Now if we can time the trip so that we can watch the Brewers vs. Yankees or Brewers vs. Mets, that would be awesome!!

So let me get this straight--how far is Milwaukee from Chicago? And where is that right turn? Wow, Amber, you must be famous. They built a right turn from Chicago directly to your house.
    LOL - Swiffers are for sweeping/dusting the floor, but they attract dust rather than just scatter it around, so they're great for car interiors...tried it out myself this weekend and it works great!

I gotta know where everyone is from before I can give directions, silly.
    LOL!!! Actually, I used to live in Chicago. so they just built a road to come to me. J/K! Milwaukee is about an hour to and hour and a half north of Chi-town...it's like Skip said..its a breeze if you just hop on the 294 out of Chicago and head north.

Dasaint: Thanks for the info...guess I'll hafta figure that one out when the time comes. Maybe I should get a Brewers schedule?? I dont know if my mommy would approve of all of these boys coming to visit me...LOL
    Coming From Pennsylvania!
    How 'bout a NJ/PA/NY get together?
    Sounds good to me! I'm always up for a CSG meet! Just thinking about it makes me want to run out and wax the Cat.
    Amber:
    We need someone to do the "Duratec rebuild guide" for the web site. Are you interested in the job?

>8-)
  • jimbo_gjimbo_g Member Posts: 53
    Jeez she gave you an inch....Now we're attempting to take a mile. Ha ha. Oh and those of us on the East Coast would probably be close to needing another oil change once we got back, mileagewise. So Amber, i guess you'll have to ride back home with us. I don't think mommy'd like that one either (going back to the guys' houses that soon after meeting them...it's un-ladylike hehehe ;^)
    Hey you can always count on this board for a good laugh!

Happy Cougaring!!
    Jimbo_G
    Your mommy doesn't have to worry about me--I'm a saint. It's Badulah she has to keep an eye on--he's baaaaaaad!!! And that Stageleft guy, I'm not too sure about him either--they're partners.

BTW, does your mommy change oil too?? If so, then she can hang with us to the ballgame and have some brew. :O
    hmmm the east coast is quite a haul from here...
    Dasaint:
    LOL!! Yep, mom does oil changes.

I think I'M just going to have to keep an eye on ALL of you.

Rob:
    No way, Jose. I change oil and do minor maintenance. Not gonna get involved in THAT bag o' misery, thank you very much. ;o)

So what's the deal - are ALL of you from the east coast??
    YOU CAN DO IT!

If we have a PA/NJ/NY/CT meet it would be great if you could make it!
    I still think you should all come and have beer and watch baseball in MILWAUKEE, but I might be persuaded...maybe....
    Nope, we're scattered all around the country.
    Me and Halo_1 are from New York City. Would you like me to bring Hillary Clinton when we come up there? Say, Hillary's looking for a job--is there anything open over there in Milwaukee? I think she used to be from Chicago. You can have her back.
    So this is where everyone is. I thought we were talking about the trip in the other room.

So where exactly is the spot for the PA/NJ/CT/NY meet? Amber, if you need directions to the East Coast--go straight towards Chicago and hang a left. You can't miss it.

I think we should discuss this. If we go to Milwaukee for the meet, we get a free (labor only) oil change, get to watch a baseball game and beer.

Now what does the PA/NJ/NY/CT meet have to offer?
    aHHHHHHHHHHhhhHHH!!! Somebody wake me up I must be having a nightmare...I thought someone was talking about sending Hillary Clinton here. Please no..I'll do anything....
    My Paper on Why the Meet Should Be in Milwaukee
    by Amber

1.) Milwaukee has more beer/bars per capita than any other city in the country.

2.) I'm here.

3.) See #1.

Thank you.
    :o)
    I'm from Chicagoland, Des Plaines to be exact, and you guys in N.Y. can keep her, we don't want her.

Skip G.
    Yeah but we have Yeungling, and Rolling Rock! here in PA. Perhaps a meeting at I dunno we need interested members to say eye, then we will Triangulate our locations and find a middle meeting point even if its in the middle of the woods :) hehe anyone have a 4x4 mod on their cougar.
    I'm from Jersey right on the New York state border. The company I work for did a security survey of the Clinton's new house in New York a few months back, so I know where she is going to live This will make it easy for us to get her, box her up, and send her to Amber.
    Actually I will be making the long haul out to Flat Rock when ever Cougarfest takes place sometime in July/August, so since there is something already planned in that area I think we really should have a PA/NY/NJ/CT meet.

Right now i'm swamped with setting up the CSG with Edmunds, FMC, and working on the site, so it would be a GREAT help if someone would volunteer to set up this event. Any volunteers? Anyone? Anyone?
    I don't hate Hillary Clinton. I really have nothing against her, but what makes her think she can come to NY and run for senator without being a New Yorker. If she wants my vote, she'll have to do an oil change on my car.

But seriously, I think the people of Chicago or Milwaukee (close enough) deserves her more than we do.

Amber, you hear what Badman wants to do to Hillary. I told you Badulah was baaaaaaad!!!
    I nominate Mr. Stageleft to set up this great event.

All else in favor, say I (or is it eye)!!!
    Um ok, were getting WAY off topic. Before Bonnie gives us the smack down we better at least throw in a few Cougar maintenance questions.

Sorry, don't mean to be the bad guy.

Hey that was funny! Bad guy/BADulah.

8-)
    Um Stageleft is in VA. He is welcome to attend, but it would be much better if someone in the area could set it up. This way they know local meeting places. Besides Lefty is busy with the CSG stuff too. He is the graphic artist and head web master.
    Sorry dasaint, I would love to do it, but I wouldn't know where to begin planning an event for someplace I've never been. Not to say that I couldn't do it, but it would be much easier for someone who lived in the area.

So I'll put out the call for a volunteer again: Anyone in the New England area who knows a good spot for a gathering and would like to get the ball rolling, let us know please.

It seems like there would be a larger turn-out for something up there, so it should be fun. You know I'll be there! :^)

Thanks, in advance, and you can email me here.
    Skip: I grew up in Northbrook. Small world, huh? Went to H.S. in Libertyville...and AMEN. We got rid of her for a REASON, kids.

Rob - If you send her to me, no oil change for you. Or Long Islands. And believe me, that would suck. Tell ya what - leave that Clinton chick behind, gather the east coasters and come visit me (and looks like Skip, too).

Dasaint: Hey now, just cause I live in the land o'cheese and cows, doesn't mean I deserve THAT. Does that mean you'll vote for me if I do an oil change for you and then run for NY state senator?

ok ok fine you want a maintenance question? Is there any darn thing in the world that reduces the amount of brake dust buildup on my wheels??? I really really hate that...Also, I was wondering if I should apply some sort of protectant to my new leather seats.
    Ok fine, I know when I'm being deserted :o( (I wasn't really expecting anyone to drive way the heck out here anyway).

Seriously, though..I could maybe make it out to the east coast, and like LeftMan said, I'd volunteer to help, but I know jack about the eastern seaboard. I vote that it be somewhere scenic, though. If I'm gonna put all those miles on my car, I better not end up in some dirty, smoggy city. :o)

Dasaint: pppstt...the correct spelling is "aye", courtesy of our sea-faring englishmen of ages past. :o)
    Close Amber, close. In the Cougar Care section, I would've suggested that the next time you clean your wheels to apply a coat of wax to them to reduce the amount of brake dust that accumulates, but right now, there's nothing but old-fashioned elbow grease that'll make life easier with brake dust.

For the leather in my Cat, I use either Zymol leather care or Meguiar's. Check out Meguiar's website at www.meguiars.com for more info on their leather treatment.

:^)
    Ok fine be picky - cougar care, maintenance..I mean really - aren't we being just a tad perfectionistic here?? :o)

I really don't mean to be so picky Amber, I'm only trying to be proactive, as not to receive the smack-down from our conference host. You can come out of the corner now, I won't be mad ... :^)
    These conferences are made under the agreement that two members will maintain order in all of them. This is the down side of being the CSG Caretakers. We agreed to work with Edmunds to take the group to the next level, most of this work is very enjoyable, but with the good comes the bad. Sorry if we seem like party poopers, we don't mean to be killjoys.
    Amber:
    If you change my oil, I will definitely vote for you. What have any of the other politicians done for me--big fat nothing!!!

To prevent buildup of brake dust on your rims--simply don't use your brakes. Duhhhhhh!!! :O

To the party poo..., er, I mean, Badulah and Stageleft:
    Maybe we can add another forum to the Cougar topics. We can call it Miscellaneous Cougar Talk. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the big bad wol..., er, I mean, Bonnie interrupting our fun. :p
    Like, omigod, totally...why didn't I think of not using my brakes??

Rob & Lefty: Hey, it's all jim dandy, guys...I know you've got a rep to protect and all, and I have to live up to being a troublemaker. We're all here for the same purpose - because we love our cars - but small talk between friends amidst the car chat should be acceptable, because we're all supposed to be becoming friends here, no? I know you have to be rules lawyers, and I'm just kidding around with ya...the info here is great, but the friendly banter makes it worth coming back for every time. :o)

Dasaint: I think we should put in our vote for the Silver Frost Cult Clubhouse. ;P