Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Trunk not opening properly

vwadgisvwadgis Member Posts: 2
edited January 2018 in Volkswagen
Is anyone else having problems with trunk not opening correctly? Trunk unlatches but doesn't "pop" open as it is supposed to. Have a 2017 SE w/ tech package w/ easy open feature. foot swipe unlatches trunk however rarely opens fully. Have been to dealership 4 times and they are saying they are unable to get it to work properly. VW Customer Care is now saying they're aware of problem however do not have a "fix" at this time. Manual states that trunk should "open automatically" whether one uses key fob or inside trunk release. My car does have the optional trunk lid spoiler however VW and dealership don't seem to feel that's the issue.
Would appreciate any info, frustrated with VW once again, purchased this car after accepting buy-back offer for my 2012 Passat TDI.
Thank you,

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Could be sticking to the weatherstrip. Try a little silicone spray on the trunk seal and see what happens.
  • vwadgisvwadgis Member Posts: 2
    Dealership already tried that in addition to replacing strut, adjusting strut and I forget what else. I agree that the trunk seal is sticking slightly, normally it will pop open fully once I've opened and closed it during the day. I feel the strut isn't strong enough to open trunk as it should all the time.